Manhattan, KS
✟192,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what I am about to ask may come across as confrontational but please don't take it that way. I am very interested in attending a UCC church because they are the only protestant denomination that agrees with Baptismal regeneration. Well from what I've read the UCC does. Is that true?

Secondly, how did the UCC arrive at accepting homosexuality. I can admit, some may be born with the tendency towards the same sex. I'm not sure that means God approves it though. This is what I want to understand. Or does every UCC church believe/agree with that? Actually allow me to explain a bit further. I have nothing against homosexuals, but I do see practicing homosexuality as a sin. As much as a heterosexual having sex outside of marriage. In my understanding, marriage is 1 man and 1 woman and anything outside of that is sexual immorality, that includes homosexual marriage as that is 1 man/1 man or 1 woman/1 woman. So I don't hate or even discriminate against homosexuals, I'm wondering more about sanctioning marriage. I'm fine with welcoming homosexuals into the church, but am against teaching them that homosexuality is okay. That is where I'm going with this question and why I pleaded to start with, I'm not trying to argue about it. I want to learn the position and why it is what it is. I do understand not all UCC churches do homosexual marriages...

So two questions: Does someone have to be baptized? How did the UCC arrive at accepting something that from my understanding of scripture says is a clear sin?

Please, again, I'm not going to debate, I'm not trying to debate. I'm trying to learn :) Any responses are welcome God bless

Last edited:

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dunstan's right. The UCC is far from being the only Protestant denomination that believes in baptismal regeneration. And if you are of the belief that homosexual relations are sinful, the UCC would seem to be the church body that's the least in agreement with you on that matter.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not UCC so I can't address the majority of your post, but when it comes to Reformation churches that teach baptismal regeneration you need to add to the list Lutheran, Anglican, and Methodist churches.

Dunstan's right. The UCC is far from being the only Protestant denomination that believes in baptismal regeneration. And if you are of the belief that homosexual relations are sinful, the UCC would seem to be the church body that's the least in agreement with you on that matter.

Thank you both and I understand that. I struggle with finding a church honestly. I can no longer remain as I am. This deal with baptism is so strong within me that I just can not accept a teaching that negates it any longer. Thank you both sincerely for your answers. :)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both and I understand that. I struggle with finding a church honestly. I can no longer remain as I am. This deal with baptism is so strong within me that I just can not accept a teaching that negates it any longer. Thank you both sincerely for your answers. :)

You're welcome, and we appreciate the problem. Sometimes it just takes a little looking around. You are doing that right now, so I'd say that you are likely to find what you are after--which might be the UCC after all.

Your "wants" are not at all unusual, so it's not like the situation of some folks who ask for help finding the church that they are seeking, but they want one that believes some weird theory and they're also not willing to consider any congregation that's more than two blocks from home. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.