Should Noobs die for the crimes of others?

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The other day I was riding through Elwynn Forest, randomly blessing the younger players, when someone yelled "BLOOD ELF PALADIN IN NORTHSHIRE!" Conveniently that was nearby so I rode in. Sure enough there he was. A level 70 jackass, pulling all the mobs that noobs need for quest progression, and one-hitting any noob foolish enough to actually challenge him. I went ahead and resurrected a couple of them knowing that would flag me for combat, hoping I could provoke him to attack me. He decided just to split. A wise choice as I would have destroyed him. I would have given chase but you can't catch a Paladin that's determined to run from you. My immediate impulse was to go to his starting area and lay waste to every living thing that moved. However I thought better of it. There's no justifiable reason to make innocent noobs suffer for the crimes of others. Slaughering noobs will only encourage the perception that the Alliance are blood-thirsty vengeful Imperialists, bent on World (of Warcraft) conquest. Those noobs I pwn will eventually grow up and will one day strike at the heart of the Alliance themselves. Also I had no real exit strategy.

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Slaughtering noobs is good fun :) Especially alliance noobs. Three cheers to that paladin for putting the fear of the horde into a pack of alliance nooblets ;)

There is always some level 70 from either faction going to lower level areas ganking quest givers and any noob foolish enough to flag. At first I thought it was super annoying and those doing it must have had no life until I went and tried it out myself ... and found it to be lots of fun! At the very least you give those noobs a fun memory and a motivation to level up quickly lol.

Oh, and what's even more fun is to be playing the noob character and then quickly switch to your own level 70 that happens to be parked in the noob town just for this possibility. I've taken out an entire group of opposing level 70s when they had no idea where that horde pally or 'lock suddenly came from that has all the town npc's backing him up ;)

Summary: Slaughtering noobs is good, necessary and tons 'o fun to boot! :D (also very ethical and quite moral)

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
The other day I was riding through Elwynn Forest, randomly blessing the younger players, when someone yelled "BLOOD ELF PALADIN IN NORTHSHIRE!" Conveniently that was nearby so I rode in. Sure enough there he was. A level 70 jackass, pulling all the mobs that noobs need for quest progression, and one-hitting any noob foolish enough to actually challenge him. I went ahead and resurrected a couple of them knowing that would flag me for combat, hoping I could provoke him to attack me. He decided just to split. A wise choice as I would have destroyed him. I would have given chase but you can't catch a Paladin that's determined to run from you. My immediate impulse was to go to his starting area and lay waste to every living thing that moved. However I thought better of it. There's no justifiable reason to make innocent noobs suffer for the crimes of others. Slaughering noobs will only encourage the perception that the Alliance are blood-thirsty vengeful Imperialists, bent on World (of Warcraft) conquest. Those noobs I pwn will eventually grow up and will one day strike at the heart of the Alliance themselves. Also I had no real exit strategy.

The Horde is almost entirely illegitimate. It's a government of lies, and it's been responsible for the near eradication of humanity, the destruction of the World Tree, the murder of the demigod Cenarius, the razing of Khaz Modan, and a host of other atrocities. And it's not like the Blood Elves are innocent victims, either. Had they not turned away from the Alliance at the end of the Great War, they may have spared their precious Quel'Thalas, and perhaps even prevented the advance of the Burning Legion. The entirety of the Horde deserves death, and as a defender of the Holy Light, it is your duty to give it to them.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Horde is almost entirely illegitimate. It's a government of lies, and it's been responsible for the near eradication of humanity, the destruction of the World Tree, the murder of the demigod Cenarius, the razing of Khaz Modan, and a host of other atrocities. And it's not like the Blood Elves are innocent victims, either. Had they not turned away from the Alliance at the end of the Great War, they may have spared their precious Quel'Thalas, and perhaps even prevented the advance of the Burning Legion. The entirety of the Horde deserves death, and as a defender of the Holy Light, it is your duty to give it to them.

I'm well aware of the crimes of the Orcs but the Alliance governments are also tainted by undercurrents of corruption and sedition. And you should bear in mind that devotees of The Light are not immune to wickedness. Need I remind you that Prince Arthas was also a follower of The Light and a Knight of the Silver Hand before he turned to evil. :cool:

Upvote 0

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the point when there is no challenge and not even any benefit to the person. I only gank or kill people when they have been doing the same to somebody that I know.

That's close to how I am or was. Something about a rogue though. If I see one I feel it's my moral obligation to send him or her on a ghost walk.

I haven't played since 2.4 came out, I didn't like the dumbing down they did on 2.3 but I continued to play. But when 2.4 come out I lost interest. Suddenly the epics I had worked hard for where easy to obtain.

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, let's go beat up some kindergarteners. :cool:

I'm well aware of the crimes of the Orcs but the Alliance governments are also tainted by undercurrents of corruption and sedition. And you should bear in mind that devotees of The Light are not immune to wickedness. Need I remind you that Prince Arthas was also a follower of The Light and a Knight of the Silver Hand before he turned to evil.
Arthas was a jerkface.

I still have to play through Frozen Throne. :sorry:

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that'll show em!

Bah, you all have no kid left in your heart ;)

The best part of taking out noob zones is when the posse comes round to run you out of town. When those frosty noobs start cheering their newfound heroes, it's all thanks to your efforts :d

Seriously though, I used to think it seemed pretty lame as well and then I tried it out. It's actually loads of fun and eventually some other level 70 or more show up and it's even more fun then. There's still lots of brand new noobs (rather than just alt-noobs) and that's their first chance to see high level action and to get a feel for a real world around them rather than just a levelling treadmill.

Raids on noob zones however are still lame. Go solo or 2 or 3 for most fun and to keep it from being totally overwhelming or unplayable for the low levels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
p.s. All you alliance dorks, go and just hammer down Sun Rock Retreat at least one time (while there's at least a few people around). For a couple of alliance players (levels 50-70) it's got some of the best area to hide and launch ambushes from when the big hordies show up.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Get a warlock and summon an Inferno or Doomguard in an enemy city that is mostly noobs and watch it go loose on everyone, hehe. Its so fun to watch

Pfft! Apparently they just let anybody into World of Warcraft these days.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Oh Noes! PvP happened on a PvP server!?!?

Srsly tho, griefers r douchebags. They deserve to die. I don't mind ganking or being ganked at all, because I decided to roll on a pvp server (Crushridge, Horde 4 life!) but I will not hesitate one second to report a griefer.

And, a priest should have no problem with a paladin, unless he's already mounted - good luck catching him.

EDIT: Oh, and 10/10 on this thread. E&M needz moar WoW. ..and more MAHNA MAHNA (internetz winz to anyone who catches that reference).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh Noes! PvP happened on a PvP server!?!?

Srsly tho, griefers r douchebags. They deserve to die. I don't mind ganking or being ganked at all, because I decided to roll on a pvp server (Crushridge, Horde 4 life!) but I will not hesitate one second to report a griefer.

And, a priest should have no problem with a paladin, unless he's already mounted - good luck catching him.

EDIT: Oh, and 10/10 on this thread. E&M needz moar WoW. ..and more MAHNA MAHNA (internetz winz to anyone who catches that reference).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZimZYTwuDk

Upvote 0