Should Christians evangelize gays?

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, basically, its ok for you to come bother us at what we do, but you can't handle it being turned around? If you can't handle being around the "gay agenda" why should I have to be around the "christian agenda?"

You see me running from the sodom-like crowd?

BOOO! Doesn't work on me either. It's far past time for Christians to stop fearing your arguments and agenda. A little light on both of them and you don't look so big. And you certainly don't look all that appealing. How many kids are talking up a storm on the "day of silence." Just go do what you want to do in your own community and leave good parents and their children alone. Ooooh, but where would the next crop of GLBT's be grown if that were to happen? The gay agenda is repugnant but it's unavoidable.

Having the sewer system back up into the house is going to happen and like needing the system cleaned, we have to deal with it. There's no gaurantee in life that you won't have to deal with unpleasant things. That is another reality of Biblical truth.

Do I look scared?

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You see me running from the sodom-like crowd?

BOOO! Doesn't work on me either. It's far past time for Christians to stop fearing your arguments and agenda. A little light on both of them and you don't look so big. And you certainly don't look all that appealing. How many kids are talking up a storm on the "day of silence." Just go do what you want to do in your own community and leave good parents and their children alone. Ooooh, but where would the next crop of GLBT's be grown if that were to happen? The gay agenda is repugnant but it's unavoidable.

Having the sewer system back up into the house is going to happen and like needing the system cleaned, we have to deal with it. There's no gaurantee in life that you won't have to deal with unpleasant things. That is another reality of Biblical truth.

Do I look scared?

I didn't threaten. I merely asked if it would be ok for me to find christians and preach at them.

Do you think you could point out what, exactly, about me is repugnant?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't threaten. I merely asked if it would be ok for me to find christians and preach at them.

I don't take your words as threats. Relax. The victimization thing on both sides needs to be quiet. But, you GLBT's get exclusive access in public schools to preach your message. We Christians are not allowed the same right.

Do you think you could point out what, exactly, about me is repugnant?

Promoting homosexuality as acceptable in Churches and to Christians and school children for that matter. Am I not using the word in context? Repugnant is as follows:

(r
ibreve.gif
-p
ubreve.gif
g
prime.gif
n
schwa.gif
nt)
adj. 1. Arousing disgust or aversion; offensive or repulsive: morally repugnant behavior.
2. Logic Contradictory; inconsistent.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't take your words as threats. Relax. The victimization thing on both sides needs to be quiet. But, you GLBT's get exclusive access in public schools to preach your message. We Christians are not allowed the same right.

Promoting homosexuality as acceptable in Churches and to Christians and school children for that matter. Am I not using the word in context? Repugnant is as follows:

(r
ibreve.gif
-p
ubreve.gif
g
prime.gif
n
schwa.gif
nt)
adj. 1. Arousing disgust or aversion; offensive or repulsive: morally repugnant behavior.
2. Logic Contradictory; inconsistent.

I've never claimed that homosexuality was acceptable for christians. To be honest, I don't even care. What christians do is their own business. I've never claimed that *any* kind of sex is acceptable for children either. Teaching kids not to harass gay people shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate to break it to you Poly, but straight people do that too.

I know. And I suppose you think this is "natural" behavior too? I also agree that homosexuality wasn't the exclusive cause of Sodom going up in smoke.

And, should Christians promote "that" to other Christians? I mean the bible doesn't say ANYTHING about "that." Either.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know. And I suppose you think this is "natural" behavior too? I also agree that homosexuality wasn't the exclusive cause of Sodom going up in smoke.

And, should Christians promote "that" to other Christians? I mean the bible doesn't say ANYTHING about "that." Either.

I, personally, don't care for it. I don't know why it matters if someone IS into it. Didn't jesus say something about how nothing that happens in the marriage bed can defile it? Its not hurting anyone, why do you care?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And yet Polycarp_fan, homosexuality IS accepted in many churches and by many Christians.

That is the rumor. But then again, Jesus and the Apostles gave us examples of false teachings and false teachers existing in great authority within the Church.

I personally find that your behaviour of singling out homosexuals as the worst group of people in the history of the earth to be 'arousing disgust or aversion'.

Muslims, Secular Humanists, heretics and Homosexuals seem to be the top four, when seeing who is attacking The Church worldwide. So, you may br wrong and you may be right. It's all according to what is going on on any particular day. From the threads here at this place, I would say it goes, Humanists, heretics and homosexuals. But necessarily in that order.

"Repugnant." Yes, to GLBT culture and its community of supporters, that would be a proper use of the word to them when opposed by people not wanting anything to do with they and their sexual proclivities. I'm just singling out the worst group of people against Christians that promote homosexuality to Christians. That would be the homosexuals. I misrepresent the group how? Is someone else spreading homosexuality into the Church other than homosexual groups and their supporters? Christians should just sit back and allow that?

Upvote 0
W

WhatThe

HA you're hilarious.
Yes, naturally, i find you repugnant. Just as you use that word to describe homosexuals. But for some reason, you think it's acceptable for you, but not for me. Hmmmm can you say 'double standard'?

You keep claiming that homosexuals are actively trying to turn everyone else gay. That isn't true. You also claim that 'Christian" and "homosexual" are mutually exclusive terms. Again, not true. And thirdly, you claim that your personal opinions, beliefs, and interpretations are the God-given truth. NO ONE knows exactly what God wants. To claim so would be foolish, presumptuous, and prideful.

So why not just get over it and deal with the fact that the world is full of different people with different beliefs and values? You want to believe these things, GO FOR IT. But what's the point in trying to convert the rest of the world to your view?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I, personally, don't care for it. I don't know why it matters if someone IS into it. Didn't jesus say something about how nothing that happens in the marriage bed can defile it? Its not hurting anyone, why do you care?

Actually it is:
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

I'm not going any further than that. (Yuck.) And if it isn't yuck, for you too, PLEASE don't come to my Church. There are other "Churches" that celebrate that kind of stuff. Literally.

And that also puts to rest the false teaching of "gay marriage" in the Church. Marriage is a man and a woman as taught by Jesus. Adultery is also a sin. "Go, and sin no more." Said Jesus. What position does a believer hold once they have repented? They are forgiven. And they are restored.

Why should Christians try to evangelize people that desire to refuse the Gospel?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HA you're hilarious.
Yes, naturally, i find you repugnant. Just as you use that word to describe homosexuals. But for some reason, you think it's acceptable for you, but not for me.

I'm sure pagans find Christian truth repugnant. This is where the word "duh" takes on the scholarly.

Hmmmm can you say 'double standard'?

Like promoting gay sex and then calling Christians that oppose that as haters? That includes every Apostle and Disciple. Heavy stuff your position holds.

You keep claiming that homosexuals are actively trying to turn everyone else gay. That isn't true.

Where do I state that? I am just claiming that GLBT's are encouraging people (and children at that) to engage in same-gender sex acts and, that that is completely OK. I'm wrong how?

You also claim that 'Christian" and "homosexual" are mutually exclusive terms.

That is true. The Bible is completely silent on Christians being encouraged to have gay sex. But it is NOT silent on NOT having gay sex. Paul, starts that ball rolling.

Again, not true. And thirdly, you claim that your personal opinions, beliefs, and interpretations are the God-given truth. NO ONE knows exactly what God wants. To claim so would be foolish, presumptuous, and prideful.

All I do is take a side. I side with Jesus and the Apostles.

So why not just get over it and deal with the fact that the world is full of different people with different beliefs and values? You want to believe these things, GO FOR IT. But what's the point in trying to convert the rest of the world to your view?

Where am I doing that or, promoting that? This thread is literally about that. Pagans can do what they wilteth.

Christians on the other hand are taught differently from the Gospel and witness of the NT writings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trust me, unless I was coming to protest, I wouldn't be caught dead at your church.

Please feel free to protest anytime you would like. We won't run and hide. But, you will have to hear the Gospel the way it is written. And, the rest of the New Testament. But notice, I will not be coming to your organization to protest your beliefs. That will also keep your place from getting dusted.

Upvote 0
W

WhatThe

You really don't pay much attention to the things you write, do you?

Like promoting gay sex and then calling Christians that oppose that as haters? That includes every Apostle and Disciple. Heavy stuff your position holds.

No, i call people who say that anyone who is not the same as them 'haters'. I call people who use false 'evidence' to make others appear to be evil 'haters'. I call people who take great pride and joy in bullying and belittling 'haters'. Christians who oppose homosexuality are not neccesarily haters; Christians who treat homosexuals as little more then animals are. People who know nothing about homosexuality, but spread lies as though they are truth, they are haters.

Where do I state that? I am just claiming that GLBT's are encouraging people (and children at that) to engage in same-gender sex acts and, that that is completely OK. I'm wrong how?

Oookay then... "encouraging people to engage in same-gender sex acts" is different from "trying to turn everyone else gay" how?
Who would want any child to engage in sex acts or any kind? That is the most ludicrous claim i have heard.

Christian and homosexual are not mutually exclusive terms. Go have a look, you will find countless churches and Christians who accept homosexuality. In the same way that you use your scriptures to legitimise denouncing homosexuals, they use them to accept all people into their church.

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If I see any Fundamentalist Christian groups at Gay Pride this weekend, I shall approach them, offer them a hug and tell them Jesus loves them, and I love them.

Its the Christian thing to do when you see people being judgemental. The fact Im gay is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I see any Fundamentalist Christian groups at Gay Pride this weekend, I shall approach them, offer them a hug and tell them Jesus loves them, and I love them.

They know that if they believe the Bible.

But unless they are forced to be where you people are marching by, for work reasons or shopping, why would Christians be at a gay pride parade? Jesus taught that encouraging people to sin was a greater sin.

Its the Christian thing to do when you see people being judgemental. The fact Im gay is irrelevant.

Not according to the witness of the Gospel and Apostles you see fit to ignore. Cafeteria Christianity has gotten the Church in the position it's in now. Being seen at Gay Pride parades encouraging the behaviors going on there is another example of Christians not living the way that "even" our adversaries know we should. No wonder we get such a bad rap.

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the time your grandchildren are here it will probably seem odd for them not to have experimented sexually with all sexes and sexualities. Perhaps the sexual mantra will be, "how are you really going to know unless you've tried it...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They know that if they believe the Bible.

But unless they are forced to be where you people are marching by, for work reasons or shopping, why would Christians be at a gay pride parade? Jesus taught that encouraging people to sin was a greater sin.

Im sure that many Fundamentalist types will be there protesting the fact that people different from them can express themselves.

Not according to the witness of the Gospel and Apostles you see fit to ignore. Cafeteria Christianity has gotten the Church in the position it's in now. Being seen at Gay Pride parades encouraging the behaviors going on there is another example of Christians not living the way that "even" our adversaries know we should. No wonder we get such a bad rap.

Our "adverseries"? Imho its people being too judgemental that drives them from Christianity.

Upvote 0