Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zanne Chaos said:
And maybe there should be a Homosexuality forum in the Christians-only area? A place where a homosexual Christian or someone seeking advice on the topic can go without it deteriorating into yet another argument?

they already have forums where they can dicuss it, in the Christian only area, the just don't.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Zanne Chaos said:
It seems to me the more I'm reading these posts and thinking about it, the majority of our problems with the threads boils down to two things:

1) Too many threads all debating the same topic
2) Any discussion about homosexuality instantly turns into debate

I agree with the sentiment that you don't want to be 'segregated', but I'm starting to think that subforums might be the answer. However!

I didn't see this suggestion.

What about a subforum for the sole purpose of debating homosexuality and Christianity? That way those of us who don't want to get into yet another go-round argument don't have to, and debating won't be allowed on the topic elsewhere?

And maybe there should be a Homosexuality forum in the Christians-only area? A place where a homosexual Christian or someone seeking advice on the topic can go without it deteriorating into yet another argument?

I realize my advice probably weighs about as much as a feather, given how briefly I've been here, but that seems to be the two biggest problems: Any time Christians want to discuss homosexuality among themselves, even if they themselves are Christians, they cannot without it turning into an argument with the other camp.

Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth.
We have all that, including the same problems, in the two Science fora.
There are duplications of threads, duplications of posts, debating unstead of discussing, people trolling through, and flaming. We live with it there; we just do our best and that's good enough.
No one has turned the Science fora into six sticky threads.

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Me and newlamb have been derailing a thread for a while now talking about trukey bowling among other things, but if I mention my girlfriend, it will be followed by random scripture quotes, and the thread being yanked.

Now while I understand yanking the thread, it is a bit unnerving, i think it's what creates the two sides, the fact that we have no way of getting to know each other on a more personal level.

Did any of that make sense? It is so past my nap time.

Upvote 0

No gods

Buttercup Atheist
Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
✟1,173.00
Faith
Atheist
Personally, I find the "Sticky" threads annoying and clumsy. Not only that, but if people are compaining about the number of homosexuality threads, won't they now just complain that the homosexuality threads are ALWAYS on top, etc? Why is the suggestion of a subcategory in the Sexuality forum being disregarded? Homosexuality is a big issue to Christians (as has been witnessed in the Sexuality forum). Limiting the issue to a few clumsy threads is just going to cause a lot of frustration and isn't really going to be helpful in the long run. I would think creating a subcategory in Sexuality that deals specifically with Homosexuality and related issues seems to be a simple answer.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christi said:
:sorry: So.....what's going on? (Someone please summarize for me?)

LOL we all agree there is a problem, none of us have a clear solution so to summerize

when screaming pavement jumps up to slap you in the face and tell you that the kool-aid man doesn't eat green jell-o, you know the train has taken the dirt road.
;)

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Inspired said:
LOL we all agree there is a problem, none of us have a clear solution so to summerize

when screaming pavement jumps up to slap you in the face and tell you that the kool-aid man doesn't eat green jell-o, you know the train has taken the dirt road.
;)
ROFL!!!!! That'll work for me! PM me how it all comes out, I can be sort of oblivious...lol....like ya didn't know THAT!!!!

Upvote 0

paxvobiscum

Sep 5, 2003
Canada
✟2,280.00
Faith
Zanne Chaos said:
It seems to me the more I'm reading these posts and thinking about it, the majority of our problems with the threads boils down to two things:

1) Too many threads all debating the same topic
2) Any discussion about homosexuality instantly turns into debate

I agree with the sentiment that you don't want to be 'segregated', but I'm starting to think that subforums might be the answer. However!

I didn't see this suggestion.

What about a subforum for the sole purpose of debating homosexuality and Christianity? That way those of us who don't want to get into yet another go-round argument don't have to, and debating won't be allowed on the topic elsewhere?

And maybe there should be a Homosexuality forum in the Christians-only area? A place where a homosexual Christian or someone seeking advice on the topic can go without it deteriorating into yet another argument? (if it's enforced that debating is not allowed in there; take it to the debate subforum)

I realize my advice probably weighs about as much as a feather, given how briefly I've been here, but that seems to be the two biggest problems: Any time Christians want to discuss homosexuality among themselves, even if they themselves are Christians, they cannot without it turning into an argument with the other camp.

Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth.
That's just about what sums it up for me.
I came to this Board/Forum originally to discuss my new found spirituality. A reawakening (no folks not born again).
I didn't come here to be a Gay Activist....like some people may think.
Then I discovered the homo threads. And I was aghast.
Then I was told by one of the mods that Homosexuality was a "Ministry".
Well not exactly the type of ministry that I thought it was. I was truely aghast.

I just hope we all can come to terms with it.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christi said:
ROFL!!!!! That'll work for me! PM me how it all comes out, I can be sort of oblivious...lol....like ya didn't know THAT!!!!

sure thing, just remember it doesn't make how many eskimo pies you put in the microwave, because jelly beans aren't combustible anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Onwardclimb

STRIVING
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Regardless of the new format, I think our old posts should be archived (THANX Newlamb!) NOT deleted.

I also think there should possibly be a sub-forum about homosexuality as other posters have mentioned.

God bless,
Onwardclimb

p.s.((((((((((((((((((((((PLANNY))))))))))))))))))))))))) my cpu freezes A LOT too!!!!

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Inspired said:
Me and newlamb have been derailing a thread for a while now talking about trukey bowling among other things, but if I mention my girlfriend, it will be followed by random scripture quotes, and the thread being yanked.

Now while I understand yanking the thread, it is a bit unnerving, i think it's what creates the two sides, the fact that we have no way of getting to know each other on a more personal level.

Did any of that make sense? It is so past my nap time.
Makes the BEST sense to me.....I think when people get to know each other, we aren't so different after all. It'd be nice to just like each other for awhile, without people always having to "defend a position" or worry about who else is sinning. Just hang out and laugh and like each other and stuff?

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
paxvobiscum said:
I came to this Board/Forum originally to discuss my new found spirituality. A reawakening (no folks not born again).
Well not exactly the type of ministry that I thought it was. I was truely aghast.

I, too, hope you can all come to terms with being considered second-class Christians here, supposing you're considered Christians at all.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
paxvobiscum said:

homo threads? :( :p What's a ghast? :scratch: :pink:

I have realized while chatting with inspired about her turkey bowling that I want to get to know you all as people. When I do, like with Bonita who I was all fired up at, I am much more sympathetic! You know that pax, but you are like my younger brother trying to get my dander up!!!! I don't have much more time tonight as my sis-in-law will be showing up soon, but I'm going to start a friendship thread in S&C just to talk and take the heat off! OK?

Upvote 0

paxvobiscum

Sep 5, 2003
Canada
✟2,280.00
Faith
No gods said:
Personally, I find the "Sticky" threads annoying and clumsy. Not only that, but if people are compaining about the number of homosexuality threads, won't they now just complain that the homosexuality threads are ALWAYS on top, etc? Why is the suggestion of a subcategory in the Sexuality forum being disregarded? Homosexuality is a big issue to Christians (as has been witnessed in the Sexuality forum). Limiting the issue to a few clumsy threads is just going to cause a lot of frustration and isn't really going to be helpful in the long run. I would think creating a subcategory in Sexuality that deals specifically with Homosexuality and related issues seems to be a simple answer.
Amen, Exactly...seems to have worked elsewhere on this board. Quite frankly some people on this board feel "threatened" by the new and exhilarating debating going on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paxvobiscum

Sep 5, 2003
Canada
✟2,280.00
Faith
newlamb said:
homo threads? :( :p What's a ghast? :scratch: :pink:

I have realized while chatting with inspired about her turkey bowling that I want to get to know you all as people. When I do, like with Bonita who I was all fired up at, I am much more sympathetic! You know that pax, but you are like my younger brother trying to get my dander up!!!! I don't have much more time tonight as my sis-in-law will be showing up soon, but I'm going to start a friendship thread in S&C just to talk and take the heat off! OK?
OK honey:holy:

Upvote 0

paxvobiscum

Sep 5, 2003
Canada
✟2,280.00
Faith
Onwardclimb said:
Regardless of the new format, I think our old posts should be archived (THANX Newlamb!) NOT deleted.

I also think there should possibly be a sub-forum about homosexuality as other posters have mentioned.

God bless,
Onwardclimb

p.s.((((((((((((((((((((((PLANNY))))))))))))))))))))))))) my cpu freezes A LOT too!!!!
Oh boy oh boy there is hope..this is the first time we EVER agreed upon something...maybe well maybe not the first time and hopefully not the last ^_^

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Onwardclimb said:

God bless,
Onwardclimb

Lol, yep, I want to keep them because most of my finer moments have occured shortly before a thread was closed! lol!

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
newlamb said:
homo threads? What's a ghast? :scratch: :pink:

aghast = frighten

lol let's just move to friendship court, I'll bring a couch, whoever wants can decide my moral fate in S&C, and miss out on 90% of their life doing so.
I'm off to bed for now :wave: I have turkey bowling to do later ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.