USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember you doing this the previous year. Something I will have to think about.

It’s a little different this time. They’re the result of burdens and resignation. A conscious acceptance of my role in the kingdom. I understand the gravity of my absence and the impact you can have when light is present. Suffice to say I know I’m needed. Unpleasant experiences await but they’re minimal in light of the problems.

I might agree!

These are some good self-care implementations that serve you, the Lord and those are around you.

A lot has happened in the last few weeks. It’s painful, disheartening and upsetting. I’m not surprised and that’s burdensome in some respects. We see evil on a surface level. But when you understand what’s behind the things we see and hear and the malevolence against society your heart hurts. And you wonder why.

We’re at war. Whether we know it or not. I’m encountering things that grieve my spirit and I have to give it to Him and use the pain intentionally. I carry a lot inside I don’t discuss. I process it strategically and counteract the impact to the best of my ability. Which increases the demands to some degree. How can I avoid the same is always there.

I draw strength from other warriors. Their willingness to stand and speak out inspires me. Every platform has a purpose.

~bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With the storm coming in and doing 12-hour shifts I made sure to buy some blackberries and blueberries along with trim mix to have some healthy snacks. The worst thing is to be stuck in a plow truck and very few choices at the gas stations or truck stops. With poor choices my feet usually end up swollen in the morning from tons of preservatives that they use at those places. Makes it difficult getting up in the morning and getting ready to go in again to plow snow.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟76,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was able to get in a little bit of self-care at work today. On my last break I went to my car. I was able to cool off, get some fresh air, and watch a little bit of YouTube with the volume up (I think it's rude to watch a video with the volume loud in public).

sampa
sampa
I often go to my car on my lunch break. Pretty much the only place that I can conduct my calls. Taking a drive for just a little bit sometimes is a relief too but along with a little bit of sunshine.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's good to be at home this long and not have to go anywhere. Getting to try a new hair growth product. I was hesitant because of the castor oil. But not having to worry about how my hair looks tomorrow when I work remotely is fantastic. Also not having the swim cap on and doing Aqua jogging probably is less stress. I think the strands that were getting contact with chlorine or breaking off and getting build up.
Having some nice hot cacoa tonight.
PXL_20221230_014343872.jpg
PXL_20221230_014333487.jpg

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟245,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seems I have less and less time for myself. Getting up a half hour early to grab an iced latte with an extra shot on my way to work and singing horribly in the car for my commute are my big self care techniques right now xD

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟100,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Seems I have less and less time for myself. Getting up a half hour early to grab an iced latte with an extra shot on my way to work and singing horribly in the car for my commute are my big self care techniques right now xD
Hey- that sounds legit.

I like to add in car screaming on occasion. It’s therapeutic to just scream at the top of your lungs when you drive and nobody can hear you. But usually it’s the bad singing… which doesn’t sound too different from the former. ^_^

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey- that sounds legit.

I like to add in car screaming on occasion. It’s therapeutic to just scream at the top of your lungs when you drive and nobody can hear you. But usually it’s the bad singing… which doesn’t sound too different from the former. ^_^
Lol, I don't think most people could tell the difference between my singing and screaming at the top of my lungs xD

It's expensive, so I need to knock it off, but honestly-- and this is going to sound stupid-- but grabbing a latte on my way to work-- gets me out of bed on time in the morning. I developed a really bad habit when the pandemic started of laying in bed for like a half hour or more-- for long enough that I'd have to  rush getting ready and  rush to work, and still be somewhat fashionably late.

placing my coffee order on the app and scheduling my pickup time, motivates me to get up when the alarm goes off, and I dont rush getting ready, I dont have to rush on the road, I can pickup my coffee and still get to work early, if I were brave, I could probably set my alarm a half hour later even. I've started not ordering sweet ones, I'm only getting the coffee and the cream, so it isn't terribly unhealthy, but still, it's spendy.

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That actually sounds pretty darn awesome. Enjoy it!

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟212,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still into moisturizer, chapstick, lotion, and teddy bears. I suppose you could add my whole-grain breakfast bars and premium whole grain bread to the list. It's more expensive than white bread, but it avoids the painful chapped lips that have plagued me for years.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟212,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'll cautiously add chamomile tea and lemongrass tea to my self-care list. While the latter needs to be taken in moderation - too much will make me want to eat everything in sight - it seems that both of these teas help with controlling my jumpy mind that can be prone to getting angry and frustrated.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Self care tonight: Having some turmeric nut milk latte and reading a job hunting book to explore a second career. Gotta look at the possibilities for the future.
That sounds fun. What sorts of careers have peaked your interest so far?

I'm getting takeout for dinner, have an old episode of Top Gear playing in the background, and am reading a book

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That sounds fun. What sorts of careers have peaked your interest so far?

I'm getting takeout for dinner, have an old episode of Top Gear playing in the background, and am reading a book
Just started reading and hope to discover more later. I've not been successful in the past and am starting with a fresh mind, as I'm not under a time crunch.

Take out sounds nice. I did the same from the local deli with chicken and other yummy foods. I hope you have a great relaxing evening and rest tonight.

By the way what book are you reading?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟212,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Bridge exercises and a half of a medium size pepperoni pizza for me today, with some salad. My body feels like it weighs twice it’s usual weight, so it’s time for some calories and a bit of exercise to put said calories into my muscles.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bridge exercises and a half of a medium size pepperoni pizza for me today, with some salad. My body feels like it weighs twice it’s usual weight, so it’s time for some calories and a bit of exercise to put said calories into my muscles.
Bridge exercises are awesome!!!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I purchased a red light device for in home treatments. I have a mask that does the same with other lights. But I wanted something larger that could address other areas for added benefits. It's another step in noninvasive methods that don't rely on medicines or harmful ingredients for health improvement.

I'm doing a similar exploration with flowers, metals and gems to understand their properties and benefit to the environment (home). I discovered some wonderful aids for the garden and hope to learn more in the coming months.

~bella

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
purchased a red light device for in home treatments. I have a mask that does the same with other lights. But I wanted something larger that
That sounds wonderful! You will have to update us if it provides improvement. Same with your other experimentations.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0