• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
Hello everyone,

I am a new member. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, so if it isn't, please move it!

You see, several years ago, I had to go to the hospital for a week because of pneumonia. I had several scary experiences, such as having a student doctor drain fluid from my lungs and incorrectly administering the freezing. I'm starting to have a bit of shortness of breath...you see, since my scare with pneumonia, this is the thing that scares me the most. My mother had a similar problem last Christmas. It turned out to be a temporary virus infection that was treated with a puffer. I know that I could just have that, but I'm scared to go to the doctor or mention it to anybody in case I have something like my pneumonia again...

I'm truly scared! I've put my life in God's hands, for him to deal with, but I wish I knew why he puts me through this! Please pray for me.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you're scared that you might have pneumonia again, but please don't rule out telling somebody! I really understand scared -- I've got an anxiety disorder, and many of my friends are in similar situations where if they tell somebody about their symptoms, the treatment becomes scarier than the problem! Not only would getting help let you relax if it WASN"T pneumonia, you wouldn't have to suffer alone if it IS.

That said, this is the perfect place for you and this particular problem. Perhaps there is a medical forum where you might get more specific advice about a specific problem, but struggling certainly fits in here! I hope to see you around!

Upvote 0

Evangelical Pastor

Jul 4, 2004
✟177.00
Faith
Protestant
I can answer your question.You'd like to know why God is putting you through this.Who told you he is?You are the one who is thinking fear thoughts,not God.Here is one of the best verses in the Bible,"Perfect love casteth out fear."It's primary meaning is that if we love God enough,we will trust Him to answer our prayers,thus doing away with fear.(Another meaning of the verse is that if we have sufficient self-love we will have self-confidence and thus no fear problem)

The second step,after increasing your love of God (becoming more spiritual) is to start using a properly worded prayer.In your case.it can be as simple as "Dear Lord please take away my shortness of breath and make my lungs healthy and completely normal."

Now the final step -believe with your whole being that Jesus will heal you.If you follow these steps properly,your fear will be something in your past.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know how you feel, English. I am terrified of hospitals, but it's for a different reason. Anyways, I won't even step into a hospital and I start shaking if I have to go see a doctor. Let's stop talking abotu this, I'm starting to get scared... I have a doctor's appointment next week. :(

servant4ever

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Might I suggest that this shortness of breath could be anxiety? I think that you should get checked out to see if your lungs are healthy...if you are healthy, then the anxiety might be a possible suggestion. I'll be praying for you in this matter.

Upvote 0

Live4theLord

May 14, 2004
✟16,420.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
English ~
I'm praying for you. As I work in a pulmonary (lung) clinic, I suggest that you check with a doctor regarding your shortness of breath. As already said, it may just be anxiety but if not, it could be something serious. I know going to a doctor can be scary. I hate going to see my own doctors. I get way too worked up because of scary things that happened in the past. But sometimes you just need to be seen. Please take care of yourself and get checked out. Please keep us updated. I will lift many prayers for you.

God Bless,
Charity

Upvote 0
Aug 14, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
Evangelical Pastor, I realize that I am the one putting myself through these feelings. I think my anxiety took over in this matter, so things swung out of perspective for me.

To everyone, thank you for your support! Mom and I had a talk last night, and we went to the pharmacy today. After talking to the pharmacist, we decided on a decongestant to start with, as that can cause some constriction problems. I took one already, and I am feeling a little better. Thank you for all your advice, and prayers! It really helped me!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.