Say Hi, Gracie (Newbies say hello thread)

Jun 24, 2013
✟15,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, way before I knew I was gay I had turned away from God. My family had stopped going to church and I stopped believing. Then I had several rapes and was in an abusive relationship with a boyfriend for 2 and a half years and I felt as if God was singling me out and punishing me for some reason. My friend and i started dating, and we fell in love. We completely turned away from Christ and dabbled in Buddhism for about 7 months before talking it over and deciding to start trying to go back to Christianity but we never made good on it until 2 weeks ago when we started going to church and getting serious about our relationship with god. I am still trying to get back on the right path and i'm starting by getting baptized on August 11. :)

Upvote 0

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hi guys. I'm a progressive follower of Eastern Catholicism and Torah-abiding Christian who supports same-sex unions and relationships as natural. I identify myself as heterosexual biromantic, meaning that I am attracted sexually to women (most of the time, it's complicated!) but romantically to both sexes. I'm happy for this forum area, it gives me an area to express my feelings on this issue.

Please keep me in your prayers, I'm a member of an anti-LGBTQ family which hates LGBTs with a passion and wishes for them to all burn and be destroyed. I'm struggling with feeling accepted by them and controlling my emotions (I'm known for being quite vocal about my feelings, which is bad in a classic fundamentalist Evangelical Pentecostal Christian family), but I'm empowered to continue living for Jesus despite this.

I spent many months trying to change myself to be in line with traditional Catholic teaching on sexuality and marriage, but it never worked. After examining scientific proof for sexual orientation as being biological, I accepted me for what I was. I'm keeping my joy and happiness, but I'm in a painful part of my life. I won't give up though, because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am new here and could not get thru 33 pages of threads

At first there was talk of Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane - I saw Grace Slick when she was VERY pregnant and still belting it out and Airplane was still named Airplane but was already doing the music from the first STARSHIP album

Now I welcome you all on this liberal Christian board and say Hi Grace!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PrudenceAnn

Jan 30, 2014
In total awe of the Glory of God
✟8,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi! I am new to CF and relatively new to Christianity... I read the statement of faith for this group and really resonates with me. My understanding of God is that He is love... and that He so loved the world... Without any exclusion clauses. In other news... I am passionate about music, poetry, philosophy and photography. I love to discuss and am open to change and progression... I know that I do not have all the answers... And am wary of anyone that thinks they do. It is nice to meet you all! :)

Upvote 0

SuziTiri

FRIEND WITH OPEN ARMS
May 8, 2012
Victoria BC, Canada
✟17,163.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
CA-Liberals
Hi! I am new to CF and relatively new to Christianity... I read the statement of faith for this group and really resonates with me. My understanding of God is that He is love... and that He so loved the world... Without any exclusion clauses. In other news... I am passionate about music, poetry, philosophy and photography. I love to discuss and am open to change and progression... I know that I do not have all the answers... And am wary of anyone that thinks they do. It is nice to meet you all! :)

Nice to meet you:)

Upvote 0