REQUEST: New Forum needeed

T

TroyB

Under CONGREGATION I am interested in engaging a new forum that is non-demoninational, but not just leaving it at that, but being more specific in defining terms more accurately that what the church really is, both universal and in locality. We are the universal church, but we are also fellowshipping in locality, and that locality prevents denominationalism and corporate control. There are no central hubs and hierarchies. There is authority, but there is no pastoral system.

For example, in the Bible, the localities were named such as church in Ephesus, church in Corinth, church at Jerusalem.

Similarly today we have churches in locality, church in Los Angeles, church in Edmonton, church in Vancouver, and church in Hong Kong, etc. These are miniatures of the new city the new earth.

Within each local assembly are elders that manage church affairs selected by apostles. Within the scope of local assembly of a church of a city are many places to meet, hundreds even thousands each operate automonously with elders in each place of meeting also to keep semblence of organization.

The Bible mentions 50-100 is the optimum size of meeting together, and 3000 to 5000 as the maximum size.

To repeat, the city is generally considered the unit decided by the government, not by the elders or overseerers of that city, and within that city are many meeting places

The city is a miniature of the New Jerusalem in eternity future.

Can we create a new forum and call it The Local Churches? I can't think of a better name. Perhaps The Churches in Locality or call it "Local Assemblies". I am not sure, but you get the point, and let you decide.

Remember, this is not a denomination, but true Biblical locality with no managing of many cities nor regions, not papacy and no pastoral system.

TroyB