• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Recovery from cancer is not easy

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It is mostly assumed that a person with cancer or recovering from cancer has a support network around them. It is often assumed that the medical profession is looking after the person and that all stops are pulled out when you are diagnosed with cancer.
It is also often assumed that a person who has just been cleared of cancer should be happy and that things will be easy now.

It isn't this way for everybody.

I had no friends or family around me supporting me - in fact my family deserted me and abused me for a lot of the time. I had to find my own strength from deep within me.

Also it is often assumed that the person with cancer or recovering from cancer is not suffering from brain fog. Sometimes we get misunderstood simply because of our moods or because we don't use the right words, and it is so hard to explain then.

Cancer recovery is a difficult and lonely process. It requires the deepest strength imaginable.

Please pray for those in cancer recovery and if you know anyone with cancer or in recovery, try to be there for them in whatever way possible, accepting them for what they are and where they are at that time.

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟19,041.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is mostly assumed that a person with cancer or recovering from cancer has a support network around them. It is often assumed that the medical profession is looking after the person and that all stops are pulled out when you are diagnosed with cancer.
It is also often assumed that a person who has just been cleared of cancer should be happy and that things will be easy now.

It isn't this way for everybody.

I had no friends or family around me supporting me - in fact my family deserted me and abused me for a lot of the time. I had to find my own strength from deep within me.

Also it is often assumed that the person with cancer or recovering from cancer is not suffering from brain fog. Sometimes we get misunderstood simply because of our moods or because we don't use the right words, and it is so hard to explain then.

Cancer recovery is a difficult and lonely process. It requires the deepest strength imaginable.

Please pray for those in cancer recovery and if you know anyone with cancer or in recovery, try to be there for them in whatever way possible, accepting them for what they are and where they are at that time.

How are you today ? In remission I hope.

Ive learned a lot from having Colon Cancer which spread to my Liver : Out of the 20 people I considered friends and saw regularly and often enjoyed an evening of entertainment with over dinner , karaoke, plays, etc.... I have just 1 person who stays in contact with me regularly --- all the others have very little or nothing to do with me. Its kind of like because I have cancer, they've written me off as a Goner soon. Fact is, im improving thanks be to God and his grace. Frankly, I think the Christian Church in America is a big disappointment to God ; it certainly has a long way to go in practicing Christlikeness and caring for its members who are downtrodden and hurting. Its a self centered World we live in and its pervaded most Christians im afraid. At any rate, no sense in letting turn into a pity party....just have to allow it to be a reality and move on from there. Im glad Jesus never leaves us or forsakes us in any situation. Peace.

Upvote 0