New Zealand
✟24,608.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?

"They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.

RoseCrystal

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?

"They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.

I had a Jehovahs witness at my door who lived though the 'stay alive till 75 campaign' she readily admitted that the watchtower said the world was going to end and that a lot of her friends left the religion when it didn't and others sold their homes and gave the watchtower the money (imagine that the poor people). So sad, but her companion that she was doing door knocking with, she had no idea about the 1975 thing at all, and was quite shocked by the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2020
Clearwater
✟8,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I had a Jehovahs witness at my door who lived though the 'stay alive till 75 campaign' she readily admitted that the watchtower said the world was going to end and that a lot of her friends left the religion when it didn't and others sold their homes and gave the watchtower the money (imagine that the poor people). So sad, but her companion that she was doing door knocking with, she had no idea about the 1975 thing at all, and was quite shocked by the whole thing.
my mom was actually baptized in the fall of 1974 because of it. And it happened again before the year 2000 they wrote an article beginning to change the understanding of this g"will but no means pass away"

Upvote 0