President Biden and Democrats have a plan for American energy: make it harder to produce and more expensive to purchase

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The fuel prices arguments are not silly to everyone who is paying for the higher costs of fuel which is also a significant influence in overall inflation.
Maybe if Putin didn’t invade Ukraine (again) and the situation in/around Israel weren’t so chaotic we’d see cheaper gasoline prices, because that’s all we seem to be concerned about.
Our post-pandemic inflation wasn’t as bad as in other nations‘ inflation, does Joe get credit for that?
No, just complaints.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟262,167.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...the higher costs of fuel which is also a significant influence in overall inflation.
At least you realise that the 'significant influence' you mention isn't controlled by whomever is in the WH. Your point actually is reducing the blame apportioned to the current administration for a large chunk of the inflation figures. Saves me making it, I guess.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fuel prices arguments are not silly to everyone who is paying for the higher costs of fuel which is also a significant influence in overall inflation.
Your arguments are silly, because while furl prices can be a driver of inflation, they’re not significantly influenced by White House policy.

Also, fuel prices right now are the same as they were in May 2015.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,684.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Biden Administration might be making it “more difficult” to extract petroleum and natural gas but we are producing more of both than ever before so his “war on oil” is a disastrous failure.
Doing something I don't like is a reason not to vote for him. As is failing to do so. Obviously.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course they are silly when you look at spot prices for a short time like a month. It's bad data analysis. From the headline alone, Democrats could have argued (in a silly fashion) in Aug 2021 -- "Remember when gas prices were higher under Trump in Summer 2018?" and it would be just as true.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course they are silly when you look at spot prices for a short time like a month. It's bad data analysis. From the headline alone, Democrats could have argued (in a silly fashion) in Aug 2021 -- "Remember when gas prices were higher under Trump in Summer 2018?" and it would be just as true.
The facts are not silly when you look at the trends which apparently you have chosen to NOT do.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you actually with real facts dispute any of the facts in the op article? Or, are you just going to attack the source of the message?

From the list:
2. President Biden restricted domestic production by issuing a moratorium on all oil and natural gas leasing activities in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

I support that.

Do you?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The facts are not silly when you look at the trends which apparently you have chosen to NOT do.
Two data points do not constitute a trend. Did you not learn that in school?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, my electric bill went up by a lot in WI, partially due to the Russia-Ukraine crisis, and the quick transition to renewables. For the Californians though, we can blame most of the rise of the electric bill to Gavin Newsom and 5 members of the California Public Utilities Commission. Glad I do not live in California. Beautiful state t
I have several comments on this:

1) CA is beautiful, you say. That is true; I've been there, but I have also been to many other states, and they are all equally as beautiful, albeit sometimes in a different way. But more importantly:

2) you say EVs MIGHT put a strain on the grid? They absolutely DO.. there is no "might" to it. And I've heard stories of people who were stranded in some nowhere-place because their EVs ran out of power and there was no charging station around, had to get a tow, had to be stuck in extremely cold weather and etc.. I would not own one of them if I had the huge bucks it takes to buy one, and most Americans do not.

3) you say it is "bad luck" that someone had $1000 in interest on his roof panels?! Sorry, that is NOT "bad luck," that is government tyranny!

4) Newsom (et al) failed to do his (their) job? Well, that is not an altogether inaccurate way to put it! But did you realize that the elite Ds like Newsom and Obama and biden are actually deliberately planning to crash the US economy? Yes, I have heard many erudite and informed people say this on various news channels and also, everyday Americans have known or suspected this.. And I consider myself in that group (informed) and I definitely think that all this insanity is DELIBERATE. They want the US to be communist... you know, where those who "work for" (haha ) the govt are filthy rich and YOU (the everyday Americans) are not

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What trends? You haven't talked about any trends. Heck, I'm the one who posted a link to the last 10 years of gas prices. Here's another link, this one goes back 30 years:

What trends do you see?

1715712103694.png

Your understanding of economics and inflation is grossly flawed.
Please tell us about the things affecting gas prices. I haven't heard you talk about OPEC, or Russia, or changes in the number of American firms pumping wells, or technological developments making certain deposits more accessible. Why are you holding out on us?

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟377,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you TRULY think that the tanking of gas prices during COVID had even a SINGLE thing to do with any decision Trump made during his presidency?

And if so, which one(s)?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What trends? You haven't talked about any trends. Heck, I'm the one who posted a link to the last 10 years of gas prices. Here's another link, this one goes back 30 years:

What trends do you see?

View attachment 347835

Please tell us about the things affecting gas prices. I haven't heard you talk about OPEC, or Russia, or changes in the number of American firms pumping wells, or technological developments making certain deposits more accessible. Why are you holding out on us?
Your own photo graphics there shows a trend of gasoline prices generally increasing faster than the inflation index when Bush, Obama, and Biden were president. Granted, this cannot only be factually blamed only on presidential administration policies. However, there is also no doubt that by looking at the general trends of gasoline (oil barrel) prices that government policies do indeed make a significant impact upon those prices.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you TRULY think that the tanking of gas prices during COVID had even a SINGLE thing to do with any decision Trump made during his presidency?

And if so, which one(s)?
One of the reasons for the tanking of gasoline prices occurred because there was a glut of supply over demand in 2020. Why did that happen? Because many states had severe Covid lockdowns and restrictions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
One of the reasons for the tanking of gasoline prices occurred because there was a glut of supply over demand in 2020. Why did that happen? Because many states had severe Covid lockdowns and restrictions.
And then President Trump went to OPEC and asked if they would cut production for two years. They did.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your own photo graphics there shows a trend of gasoline prices generally increasing faster than the inflation index when Bush, Obama, and Biden were president.

Rising gas prices also outpaced inflation for most of the Trump administration. It grew for roughly the first 16 months, plateaued for another 4, dipped and then rebounded over the next 6. It wasn’t until late 2019 that it had fallen enough to track with inflation.

Granted, this cannot only be factually blamed only on presidential administration policies. However, there is also no doubt that by looking at the general trends of gasoline (oil barrel) prices that government policies do indeed make a significant impact upon those prices.
What policies?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Rising gas prices also outpaced inflation for most of the Trump administration. It grew for roughly the first 16 months, plateaued for another 4, dipped and then rebounded over the next 6. It wasn’t until late 2019 that it had fallen enough to track with inflation.

What policies?
“Read the OP”
”Third base”

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not going to keep on repeating myself about Biden's policies and Executive Orders, Executive actions that he did regarding oil and energy. If you don't know what his administration has done, even after that has been shown, then repeating myself is a waste of my time.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Oil and gasoline prices rose when American oil corporations were producing more product to meet the demand for more oil and gasoline from European and also American businesses and consumers. The supply was having trouble keeping up with demand.

Upvote 0