President Biden addresses "Food Insecurity"

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is still time.
Buy in Volume:
Rice, Beans, Dent Corn, Mashed Potatoes

If you can afford it there are good deals from Auguson Farms on Amazon. 40 - 70% off

Get a garden started. It might be tough since it may take a year to get your soil right.

Go to Sams club and order cases of canned goods.

Get some cheap generic vitamins.

Look around this forum for tips on buying and storing food.

If nothing happens, hey, you got food stored up!

• Agree
Reactions: Greengardener
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many of the different flavours of Uncle Ben's cook in the bag rice provide quite a decent meal into very small easily stored pack at quite a helpful price. I quite often add some butter, or margarine after the rice has been cooked.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many of the different flavours of Uncle Ben's cook in the bag rice provide quite a decent meal into very small easily stored pack at quite a helpful price. I quite often add some butter, or margarine after the rice has been cooked.
Thanks. Those are yummy!
I wonder if they will store long term? Sometimes we will remove such items from the pack and repackage them in a food saver bag or mylar. I have even put them in used plastic bottles with an O2 absorber or desiccant pack.
We have only had a few instances where the food went bad in the original packaging. Once was when we bought packaged noodles, and another was when we stored some beans without an absorber. We live in the deep south, where humidity is a factor in our storage. My son and his wife filled some quart jars with pinto beans, but when they opened one up, there was a nasty mold odor. Seems the moisture in the air/beans caused them to spoil. Had to throw out the whole batch.
We have been adding a desiccant now.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Those are yummy!
I wonder if they will store long term? Sometimes we will remove such items from the pack and repackage them in a food saver bag or mylar. I have even put them in used plastic bottles with an O2 absorber or desiccant pack.
We have only had a few instances where the food went bad in the original packaging. Once was when we bought packaged noodles, and another was when we stored some beans without an absorber. We live in the deep south, where humidity is a factor in our storage. My son and his wife filled some quart jars with pinto beans, but when they opened one up, there was a nasty mold odor. Seems the moisture in the air/beans caused them to spoil. Had to throw out the whole batch.
We have been adding a desiccant now.

Salt stops mold!

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0