US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

I have been trying to follow Jesus' words about praying for those who are your enemies. It has not been easy. I have been reading my Bible everyday and Jesus has helped me to pray for my enemies. My enemies are my kidnapper and her friends. They did not care about me in any way. It has helped me though see that the torture was not my fault, but the fault of my kidnapper and her friends. They did not have God and decided to act in an evil way to me. She and her friends stalked me for two years, I found out, and the abuse in her apartment lasted many months. Jesus knows how badly I have been hurt by them. Jesus knows they tried to destroy my soul and make me evil. Jesus stopped that from happening. Jesus let me know that even though I am broken, he will heal me and give me beauty for ashes.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry :( it sounds like you have found the strength to deal with such an ordeal though that would so mess me up. Thank Jesus for helping you through this!
Thank you so much for this message :) Jesus is holding me together. God bless you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Abzibazabz

Jul 25, 2017
Yeovil
✟9,698.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for this message :) Jesus is holding me together. God bless you.
Thank you and you :) I must ask how are you executing this forgiveness to your persecutors? Thankfully I've never had to deal with such trauma but I was sexually abused in a mild way by somebody this year. I don't talk to this person or their friends who didn't treat me much better anymore but I've never known how to deal with that or how to validate forgiveness? How did you do it, does it mean u have to tell them to their face cuz I think that would be more than a little awkward!

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you and you :) I must ask how are you executing this forgiveness to your persecutors? Thankfully I've never had to deal with such trauma but I was sexually abused in a mild way by somebody this year. I don't talk to this person or their friends who didn't treat me much better anymore but I've never known how to deal with that or how to validate forgiveness? How did you do it, does it mean u have to tell them to their face cuz I think that would be more than a little awkward!
I don't think you have to forgive them face to face. I forgive my persecutors in private with Jesus Christ. I would not be able to do it face to face because they are unsafe to be around. I am sorry you were sexually abused :( I pray God heals your spirit and soul.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Abzibazabz

Jul 25, 2017
Yeovil
✟9,698.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you have to forgive them face to face. I forgive my persecutors in private with Jesus Christ. I would not be able to do it face to face because they are unsafe to be around. I am sorry you were sexually abused :( I pray God heals your spirit and soul.
Yeah definitely, I think because of my aspergers I take things literally sometimes and I'm not averse to doing good sometimes stupid acts and lack common sense ie avoiding dangerous people . Thank you I am okay for now, God has stopped any pain but if j were to meet anyone in the future I'm not sure if it would have an effect or not, we shall see huh but prayer is always available
Bless you x

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah definitely, I think because of my aspergers I take things literally sometimes and I'm not averse to doing good sometimes stupid acts and lack common sense ie avoiding dangerous people . Thank you I am okay for now, God has stopped any pain but if j were to meet anyone in the future I'm not sure if it would have an effect or not, we shall see huh but prayer is always available
Bless you x
Hi; sorry about your story; and yes prayer is always available and even more, for those who love Him and trust Him the Lord Jesus 'ever lives to make intercession' for them (Hebrews 7.25).

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bless you x
Praying for your continual healing and peace. I am going to continue to pray that God also protect and comfort me. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have learned (old guy 66 years old) that I have to love my neighbor but, I don't have to like him.

Took time but, it works.

M-Bob
Thank you for sharing that :) It makes sense to me :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums