Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟106,923.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please pray for my friend Elisa. She has been battling a bad bout of shingles for the past month which has cover her neck & head with painful rash and also affected her speech, eyes and given her face paralysis because the virus has inflamed her nervous system. She is being treated with Analgesics & antiviral medication to no avail. This has caused her much distress.

Please pray for her healing & recovery from this terrible infection.

Thank you.

PS: For those that don't know what shingles is:

Shingles is a reactivation of the Chicken Pox virus (herpes zoster virus) which produce painful skin rash & blisters, nerve pain & inflammation and can affect your eyes with loss of vision.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for my friend Elisa. She has been battling a bad bout of shingles for the past month which has cover her neck & head with painful rash and also affected her speech, eyes and given her face paralysis because the virus has inflamed her nervous system. She is being treated with Analgesics & antiviral medication to no avail. This has caused her much distress.

Thank you.

Shingles is a reactivation of the Chicken Pox virus (herpes zoster virus) which produce painful skin rash & blisters, nerve pain & inflammation and can affect your eyes with loss of vision.
Praying. Our friend and neighbor going through the same. It's terrible from her account.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Thank you.

Praying brother. May the Lord heal your mother now. Amen.

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thank you.

I will most definitely pray for Elisa as she endures shingles. I was afflicted with it in high school, and it was an excruciating torment, like having a hot iron constantly pressed against extremely itchy skin. Mine was on my back, and I hadn't realized I had it (most people my age never had chickenpox because the vaccine was readily available in our early childhood years, but I'd contracted it as an infant too young to be vaccinated yet), until the eruption stage began. I did obtain the anti-virals, but they are more effective if you start earlier into the progression. I found some home remedy tips to be useful for easing the pain. I poured liquid dish soap into a Ziplock bag and then put it into the freezer so it became very cold like an ice pack, but since it doesn't freeze it remains malleable. You can curve it around an area better than you can an ice pack. Dabbing a cotton ball either with diluted tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar on the blisters every hour also helped with the itching and pain. It stings like crazy at first, but within a few seconds that lessens. There's this cream specifically for shingles that you can get at Whole Foods. I'm so sorry she's dealing with shingles. In addition to it being so painful, it holds your life captive because you cannot just live it normally.

A really kind man in his 60s who attends my church recently had shingles on his face, covering his right eye so that it was swollen shut. He had his eye examined and got eye drops. He said it was $200 for a tiny bottle, but worthwhile because it helped to protect the health of his eyes. I hope your friend is also using prescription drops.

There's a new vaccine for shingles that has a very high rate of efficacy that just became available in the US, and might already be in Australia. It's called Shingrix. It's too late to be of help to Elisa, but hopefully it can help to prevent other people from suffering from shingles.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thank you.

Oh that is dreadful. This is a very nasty condition. Poor thing. It will get better but takes a while. I knew someone who had it on their face.
Of course I pray for her, may Jesus Christ heal and comfort her. Xx

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟106,923.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will most definitely pray for Elisa as she endures shingles. I was afflicted with it in high school, and it was an excruciating torment, like having a hot iron constantly pressed against extremely itchy skin. Mine was on my back, and I hadn't realized I had it (most people my age never had chickenpox because the vaccine was readily available in our early childhood years, but I'd contracted it as an infant too young to be vaccinated yet), until the eruption stage began. I did obtain the anti-virals, but they are more effective if you start earlier into the progression. I found some home remedy tips to be useful for easing the pain. I poured liquid dish soap into a Ziplock bag and then put it into the freezer so it became very cold like an ice pack, but since it doesn't freeze it remains malleable. You can curve it around an area better than you can an ice pack. Dabbing a cotton ball either with diluted tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar on the blisters every hour also helped with the itching and pain. It stings like crazy at first, but within a few seconds that lessens. There's this cream specifically for shingles that you can get at Whole Foods. I'm so sorry she's dealing with shingles. In addition to it being so painful, it holds your life captive because you cannot just live it normally.

A really kind man in his 60s who attends my church recently had shingles on his face, covering his right eye so that it was swollen shut. He had his eye examined and got eye drops. He said it was $200 for a tiny bottle, but worthwhile because it helped to protect the health of his eyes. I hope your friend is also using prescription drops.

There's a new vaccine for shingles that has a very high rate of efficacy that just became available in the US, and might already be in Australia. It's called Shingrix. It's too late to be of help to Elisa, but hopefully it can help to prevent other people from suffering from shingles.
Thank you Stanfordella for your prayers and suggested treatments for Elisa. I will pass them onto her. God bless you.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟106,923.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh that is dreadful. This is a very nasty condition. Poor thing. It will get better but takes a while. I knew someone who had it on their face.
Of course I pray for her, may Jesus Christ heal and comfort her. Xx
Bless you Lilly, you are most kind.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Thank you.

:heart: Praying for your friend Elisa, and you too (((hug)))

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:prayer: So many of my friends have this, I thank God I will never. I hear that aralia nudicaulis (American sarsaparilla) is better than even oatmeal poultice.

Father what a terrible earthly chronic viral infection this is! Please heal and ease all those affected! In Jesus' name

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray that You will minister to Elisa and heal her. Remove this virus and cause her body systems to calm and return to normal. Thank you for giving Elisa a good friend in @Paulus59.

@Paulus59- Is Elisa a believer? (That info helps me know better how to pray.)

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you.

Father, I pray the Elisa can receive the right orders/medicine to quickly relieve the pain and bring complete healing. I pray that the reason she has not so far, will be known by the right people and quickly corrected. I pray they learn from Elisa's case, so that others don't suffer as she is suffering. I pray You will bring to her mind anything that she can do to relieve the pain, while she is waiting for professional help. I pray that You will work supernaturally where humans have failed to help her. Praise and thanks be to You. Amen.

Upvote 0

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟70,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OUCH ... I had a friend at work that had it too and she caught it in time before things spread even more but her doctor told her that if she get's it again it could be worse ... So, I am praying for your friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟106,923.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Father, I pray that You will minister to Elisa and heal her. Remove this virus and cause her body systems to calm and return to normal. Thank you for giving Elisa a good friend in @Paulus59.

@Paulus59- Is Elisa a believer? (That info helps me know better how to pray.)

Hi Little Lantern, unfortunately Elisa isn't a believer, though she thinks she is. She's a Catholic, but doesn't know much about Christ. Thank you for your prayers for Elisa! God bless you Little Lantern.

Upvote 0