Personality changes, nightmares, or OCD happen to your child overnight?

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟208,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My daughter has Arnold Chiari Malformation 1, Arachnoid cyst, syringeolmylia, autism etc..... but none of those explained what happened to her in September 2011. She became a different child overnight. Fearful, anxiety, OCD, vocal tics, nightmares that allowed us to sleep for 10 min then be awake for 2 hours then repeat, incontinent, refused to eat dinner, clung to me in desperation at bedtime, and a full page of other symptoms. I was beside myself yet all I got from her docs was it is all behavioural. I know better than this as a child does not change this drasticly overnight nor can they will themselves to have nightmares.

What I found after three months of searching was PANDAS NIMH Pediatrics Developmental Neuroscience Branch . If your child experiences anything like I posted, or if you have any questions about this condition feel free to PM me or post here. I will try to check in now and then. Many Docs do not know a whole lot about this condition yet. Many are willing to learn, others are skeptical.