English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sadly there are some Catholic who are very anti-CCR, some almost fanatically. However the CCR does have approval at the highest levels.

Following are some of these.

Firstly ICCRS which
is the International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services and is the official link with the Vatican for CCR. It has offices in the Vatican (in Vatican premises in Rome, not in Vatican City itself) and has official Statutes.awarded in 1993 & amended in 2004.

Details on the ICCRS website: http://www.iccrs.org/statutes.htm

Added

ICCRS also has an entry in the Directory of International Associations Of The Faithful on the Vatican web site

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/p...rc_pc_laity_doc_20051114_associazioni_en.html

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pope John Paul II May 1987

ADDRESS OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II
TO THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE SIXTH INTERNATIONAL ASSEMBLY
OF THE CHARISMATIC RENEWAL
Friday, 15 May 1987
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
1. In the peace and joy of the Holy Spirit I welcome all of you who have come to Rome for the Sixth International Leaders Charismatic Renewal. I am very happy to meet you today and, as I begin, I wish to assure you that your love for Christ and your openness to the Spirit of Truth are a most valuable witness in the Church’s mission in the world.
You are prayerfully considering, during these days, the words of the Prophet Isaiah which Jesus made his own at the very beginning of his public ministry: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor" (Cfr. Luc. 4, 18)..........

The full document can be found on the Vatican web site

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/1987/may/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_19870515_assemblea-carismatici_en.html

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
John Paul II – March 1992

ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS JOHN PAUL II
TO THE COUNCIL OF THE "INTERNATIONAL CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL OFFICE"

Saturday, 14 March1992
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

1. In the joy and peace of the Holy Spirit I welcome the Council of the "International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Office". As you celebrate the twenty–fifth anniversary of the beginning of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, I willingly join you in giving praise to God for the many fruits which it has borne in the life of the Church. The emergence of the Renewal following the Second Vatican Council was a particular gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church. It was a sign of a desire on the part of many Catholics to live more fully their Baptismal dignity and vocation as adopted sons and daughters of the Father, to know the redeeming power of Christ our Saviour in a more intense experience of individual and group prayer, and to follow the teaching of the Scriptures by reading them in the light of the same Spirit who inspired their writing. Certainly one of the most important results of this spiritual reawakening has been that increased thirst for holiness which is seen in the lives of individuals and in the whole Church……….

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/1992/march/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_19920314_charismatic-renewal_en.html

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pope John Paul II 1993

ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS JOHN PAUL II
TO THE LEADERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL
Castel Gandolfo
Saturday, 18 September 1993

Dear Friends in Christ,
I am pleased to welcome you, leaders of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, together with Bishop Paul Cordes whom I appointed some years ago to accompany the Renewal and to support and encourage its Catholic identity. I warmly greet the Bishops and many priests who are a part of your gathering.
You have just completed a spiritual retreat in Assisi, the city of Saint Francis and also of Saint Clare, the eighth centenary of whose birth falls this year. These great figures of holiness in the Church made their own the words of Saint Paul: "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me" (Gal. 2: 20). Is this not the ideal and the goal which permeates the Charismatic Renewal? Is it not the programme of life which your prayer groups and communities have set themselves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit? May the example and intercession of the great Saints of Assisi strengthen your resolve to grow continually in evangelical love and service "to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Eph. 4: 13)…….

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/1993/september/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_19930918_rinnovam-carismatico_en.html

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pope John Paul II April 2000

MESSAGE OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II
TO THE CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL

Dear Brothers and Sisters!
1. With great joy I send you my greetings for the World Meeting of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, which is taking place in Rimini. For several years now Renewal in the Holy Spirit has held its "national convocation" there at the beginning of May. On the occasion of the Jubilee Year, this event has acquired a particular importance because of the presence of many representatives of charismatic groups and communities from other countries of the world. Therefore, your meeting is rightly being held with the support of the International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services, an organization whose role is to coordinate and foster a sharing of experiences and reflections among Catholic charismatic communities throughout the world. By doing so, the riches present in each community benefit everyone, and all communities can easily perceive the bond of communion that joins them to one another and to the whole Church. I cordially greet Mr Allan Panozza, President of the International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services, and Mr Salvatore Martinez, National Coordinator of Renewal in the Holy Spirit, along with all the members of the National Service Committee……

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/2000/apr-jun/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_20000424_catholic-charismatic-renewal_en.html

Upvote 0

CatholicFlame

The Lord is Risen Indeed
Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I found a couple of links to what Pope Benedict has said about the Charismatic Renewal. I hope this helps lead us forward even more so!

Pope Benedict XVI, as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, has added his voice to the Pope John Paul II in acknowledging the good occurring in the Charismatic Renewal and providing some cautions.
In a forward to a book by Cardinal Suenens, at that time the Pope's delegate to the Charismatic Renewal, the Prefect comments on the Post-Conciliar period stating, At the heart of a world imbued with a rationalistic skepticism, a new experience of the Holy Spirit suddenly burst forth. And, since then, that experience has assumed a breadth of a worldwide Renewal movement. What the New Testament tells us about the Charisms - which were seen as visible signs of the coming of the Spirit - is not just ancient history, over and done with, for it is once again becoming extremely topical.
The actual Pope urges those who read the book to pay special attention to the author's double plea,... to those responsible for the ecclesiastical ministry - from parish priests to bishops - not to let the Renewal pass them by but to welcome it fully; and on the other (hand) ... to the members of the Renewal to cherish and maintain their link with the whole Church and with the Charisms of their pastors. [Renewal and the Powers of Darkness, Leo Cardinal Suenens (Ann Arbor: Servant Books, 1983)]

and here is a copy of teh Pope's homily at the pentecost vigil in 2006 where memebers of the renewal and other new groups within the church met with HIm (about 400,000 I believe):

http://www.nsc-chariscenter.org/pentecostHomily_Benedict.htm

I think that there are many more times that our Pope has mentined the Charismatic Renewal and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I will find some more or many others can, if you would like passthepeace. Maybe more will come.

blessings to you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.