Aug 23, 2007
✟799,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, it's one of those times where I am posting a thread about how unbearable and toxic my dad is being on religion and I'm questioning why I was born and all that good stuff. My chest feels like a big weight has been literally put upon it. I ask Jesus at times, is it supposed to be this bad? :( It's really, really nasty at the moment. I am finding it harder to make excuses for him.

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, it's one of those times where I am posting a thread about how unbearable and toxic my dad is being on religion and I'm questioning why I was born and all that good stuff. My chest feels like a big weight has been literally put upon it. I ask Jesus at times, is it supposed to be this bad? :( It's really, really nasty at the moment. I am finding it harder to make excuses for him.
Yeah, some parents can be unbearable (luckily, my parents are loving and are not toxic), and I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time with your father's behavior regarding religion. Here are some Bible verses that might bring comfort and perspective to your situation.

Firstly, in Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." This verse assures us that when we feel overwhelmed or burdened, we can turn to Jesus for rest and relief.

Another verse in 1 Peter 5:6-7 says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." This passage encourages us to humbly trust God with our worries and concerns, knowing that He is always present and caring.

Lastly, in Romans 12:2, Paul writes, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will." This verse reminds us that as believers, we are called to focus on God's perspective and not be conformed to the ways of the world.

May these verses bring you comfort, peace, and a renewed sense of purpose as you navigate this challenging time in your life. I'm praying for you and your relationship with your father. May God bless you with grace, wisdom, and strength in this storm. All things will pass, friend.

I will pray for you and your dad.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0