east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
recently i have been feeling God wants me to think about judging. it has been popping up everywhere. over the past three years i became highly critical and negative - i guess the Lord was bringing it to a head?
i found on facebook a link about "how to stop judging" it mentioned that sometimes we are judgmental because we are afraid of being rejected or judged ourselves. and that we might not accept ourselves or like ourselves and we need to love ourself to love others.
the advice was to make a list of ten things you like about yourself - maybe skills, talents, or about how you look.
then write 15 more. take your time, come back to it later if necessary.
well i am up to #13 and i have to say this exercise has helped me. somehow i got negative about myself and was so focused on my sins and bad points. this exercise helped me remember i am a nice girl i am not just my flaws.
well i hope this might help someone else who might be feeling negative.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
recently i have been feeling God wants me to think about judging. it has been popping up everywhere. over the past three years i became highly critical and negative - i guess the Lord was bringing it to a head?
i found on facebook a link about "how to stop judging" it mentioned that sometimes we are judgmental because we are afraid of being rejected or judged ourselves. and that we might not accept ourselves or like ourselves and we need to love ourself to love others.
the advice was to make a list of ten things you like about yourself - maybe skills, talents, or about how you look.
then write 15 more. take your time, come back to it later if necessary.
well i am up to #13 and i have to say this exercise has helped me. somehow i got negative about myself and was so focused on my sins and bad points. this exercise helped me remember i am a nice girl i am not just my flaws.
well i hope this might help someone else who might be feeling negative.
Lovely :) I am glad the exercise helped you see who you are more and to look at yourself with compassion.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This makes sense. I know judging can happen when people want to feel better about themselves too (sometimes subconsciously), but they are going about it in the negative way by putting others down to raise themselves up.

Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think judging people is wrong. Period. However, there are some people out there that you could easily judge but their main problem is they are hooked on drugs, a drunk, etc. So, technically, if they are under the influence of something, I don't even think about it. If you do have a thought about someone negatively, keep it to yourself. I would ask God to help give you strength through that area to be able to stop calling people out. I have this problem just as much as you

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you were an olympic, or even a college , athlete,
there are rules you would follow, right ?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟810,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good exercise, kittypl.

When it comes to judging other people, this is the Scripture I try to remember - not always successful but try.
"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:2

Upvote 0