Oklahoma Catholic Men's Conference was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today was the Oklahoma Catholic Men's Conference. In the Father's Footsteps VI.

Guest speakers were Father Bruce Neili, Paulist Missionary Priest. Steve Largent, US Rep. from the State of Oklahoma (and potentially our new governor). Father Don Wolf, Priest Oklahoma Archidiocese. Danny Abramowitz, Hall of Fame NFL player with the N.O. Saints and devout Catholic.

In addition to the keynote speakers there were a myriad of shorter, but equally as powerful speakers who spoke on a variety of topics as it pertained to men and their duty to provide for their families on a financial, emotional, and spiritual level.

The theme that ran throughout the course of the conference was reconciliation and a subsequent transformation of the world by our actions. The personal testimony and reliance on the Word of God of those men was both inspiring and deeply moving on an emotional level. The interaction with over 400 other men who came together to worship God and take responsibility for their spiritual lives and as a consequence the spiritual lives of their families was also deeply moving and beneficial.

A wonderful day was ended with Mass and a partaking of the Eucharist. That 400 men could come together and sing hymns of praise, pray with each other throughout the day, share personal testimony with one another and then get on their knees and worship God was a testament of the vibrancy and dedication of these Christian men to lead lives worthy of the promises of Christ.

To the men here, take advantage of such opportunities to seek support from your spiritual brothers. It is refreshing, stimulating and very beneficial to the soul. To the women here, support your husbands and get them to take part in such an endeavor, I honestly feel it will reap benefits you can not imagine.

In my opinion, it was a day immensely well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.