United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are not thinking about what is more logical to the mother

Logic does not dictate truth in the first place. Secondly, the Mother is not the only person affected. She is only one out of 3 persons involved in the ordeal. This self centered attitude is infuriating

In her mind, does it make any sense to just think, "Go to term and have the baby adopted,

Of course not. The individual she caries has no worth. Just pop it out like a tic tac and have another one when you feel like it. That is today's societal norm.

when she really is unable to get the necessary help to make that possible?

As I had previously stated:

"Quite personally, I believe it would be far more 'logical' to provide the mother with aid to carry the child to birth, and put them up for adoption, rather than killing the child. Including federal, or state aid. I am willing to pay taxes to help a rape victim carry a baby full term to be adopted. There are also means such as adjudicated restitution, liens, and asset forfeiture that can come into play considering the guilty party. We already have child support payments, Wic, Food stamps, and other programs. These programs could also be well utilised aiding rape victims in rearing a child. Meaning those who choose to keep them. I agree simple child support payments would not be enough, but such a child should have protections and/or aid until 18 in my point of veiw."

Thinking logically is thinking about the mother.

Again, the Mother is not the only human being affected. This emphasis on mother only rights is horrible. There is no consideration, or regard at all for any other life, or person involved. This is completely dehumanising the unborn.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My point was really that to disregard the mother's mental state and ignore the fact that her emotions also matter would be treating her like she is less important than the unborn baby. Providing what she needs is so important that this should be each state's top priority before they ban abortions of pregnancies caused by rape or incest. It is about making sure she is not being neglected and put aside as less human.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My point was really that to disregard the mother's mental state and ignore the fact that her emotions also matter would be treating her like she is less important than the unborn baby. Providing what she needs is so important that this should be each state's top priority before they ban abortions of pregnancies caused by rape or incest. It is about making sure she is not being neglected and put aside as less human.

If you would please can you quote the conversation so I get notified? Thanks.

The thing that I do not believe is getting across is the mother, is not the only individual that has needs. Ending another's life to suit another's needs is not ethical at all. There needs to be some sort of emphasis regarding the rights of an unborn child.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The thing that I do not believe is getting across is the mother, is not the only individual that has needs. Ending another's life to suit another's needs is not ethical at all. There needs to be some sort of emphasis regarding the rights of an unborn child.

I do believe in caring for the unborn baby - eating enough for two people, avoiding alcohol, staying out of hot tubs, and not stomach sleeping. Just because she chooses abortion does not mean it is OK to treat an unborn child like an inanimate object.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do believe in caring for the unborn baby - eating enough for two people, avoiding alcohol, staying out of hot tubs, and not stomach sleeping. Just because she chooses abortion does not mean it is OK to treat an unborn child like an inanimate object.

I don't get this. This comment short circuits my brain. How do you believe in care for the unborn yet justify killing an unborn child simply because it is unwanted or inconvenient.

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't get this. This comment short circuits my brain. How do you believe in care for the unborn yet justify killing an unborn child simply because it is unwanted or inconvenient.

Would you abuse or neglect an already-born child just because you plant to adopt it out?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would you abuse or neglect an already-born child just because you plant to adopt it out?

I do not understand your line of thinking, and need some clarification before I can even understand what you are asking me here. I do not understand where you're coming form. Are you equating adoption to abortion? As in, you wouldn't treat a fetus badly before killing it, just like you wouldn't a child before adoption?

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
it's bad to abuse and/or neglect an unborn baby just because you know it will be killed

upload_2019-5-18_18-8-40.png

I hope to Christ I am misunderstanding you. I can't even fathom this to formulate a response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's OK, you don't have to understand everything I post.

The problem is I understood you... for you to blatantly admit an unborn fetus is a child, and then admit an unwanted child will be killed, blew my mind. Then how you keep going on about the mothers sole and only rights concerning a pregnancy. It's chilling. like out in Ocala National Forest while duct taped in a trunk kind of chilling. You just off the cuff, flippantly say 'well we can't treat them bad before we kill them' like they are cattle, or the condemned on execution day.

I am saying it's bad to abuse and/or neglect an unborn baby just because you know it will be killed

That sounds like something PETA would say about pigs.... not an unborn child. I cannot do anything less the stand against such sentiments and action with every fiber of my being. I am unable to veiw your positions as anything less than premeditated and wilful homicide.

I will not be continuing this conversation with you. May God have mercy on you.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Logic does not dictate truth in the first place. Secondly, the Mother is not the only person affected. She is only one out of 3 persons involved in the ordeal. This self centered attitude is infuriating

Logic is the basis for everything because everything happens for a reason.

The context of your opinion is the mother is the LEAST important person. If that is what you truly believe, you don't care abot women at all.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The context of your opinion is the mother is the LEAST important person. If that is what you truly believe, you don't care abot women at all.

I am ok with your point of veiw and have been quite comfortable with that accusation of not caring about women for some 10 years now. My only contention is a women is only a 1/3 maximum of the situation. If twins or likewise are involved then they are even less of the equation. I do not agree that a women is full part and parcel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever think about who of the three people actually is the most important? Calling her "just 1/3" is, to say the least, putting her and the embryo that only God knows at the same level, which they are not. I cannot be convinced a human being that even his or her own mom does not know is more important than she is or even on an equal level. She is keeping a human being alive and growing inside her body, but the little one with no identity beyond "unborn baby" is a higher priority?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that your logic is flawed and inconsistent.

You acknowledge that a new human being comes into existence at fertilization. You acknowledge that our moral worth and value come from God. Yet, you believe it is morally acceptable for a pregnant rape victim to abort her unborn, morally valuable human being.

The only difference between a human being existing inside the womb of a rape victim and a married woman who wants to get pregnant is the how in which the baby came into existence.

Yet, the how in which we come into existence plays 100% no bearing upon our personal moral worth and value.

Your position is at its heart, illogical and inconsistent.

Upvote 0