Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I came upon this grave while birding the grounds of Holy Trinity Monastery. I suspect it's occupied by a young immigrant found in the desert. There was a small tattered backpack and some rags of clothing behind the cross. Given the size and color I suspect they belonged to a young girl.

This reminded me of a birding trip I took to Sycamore Canyon. Sycamore Canyon is a rugged north/south running canyon on the Mexican/US border and a common smuggling route. All along this canyon were the remnant of this voyage, clothing, water bottles, back packs. The one that got to me was a little pink Princess Bride backpack dangling from a tree, left there by a flood. I still wonder who that backpack belonged to, and what ever happened to that person.

No Identificado.

DSC_0153 (2).JPG

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I came upon this grave while birding the grounds of Holy Trinity Monastery. I suspect it's occupied by a young immigrant found in the desert. There was a small tattered backpack and some rags of clothing behind the cross. Given the size and color I suspect they belonged to a young girl.

This reminded me of a birding trip I took to Sycamore Canyon. Sycamore Canyon is a rugged north/south running canyon on the Mexican/US border and a common smuggling route. All along this canyon were the remnant of this voyage, clothing, water bottles, back packs. The one that got to me was a little pink Princess Bride backpack dangling from a tree, left there by a flood. I still wonder who that backpack belonged to, and what ever happened to that person.

No Identificado.

View attachment 217532
I struggled , Tad , when I saw your post .

Things often seem so meaningless , devoid of hope , prompting us to dejection .

Then I came across these recent words of Cardinal Tagle......"The faith that assures me that creation and history are in God's hands and these hands transform death into life, hatred into forgiveness and darkness into life -- this gives me hope," he said. "The faith that makes me see how people truly cooperate with God's action in the world through sincere love gives me hope."

Gospel message of hope is often taught by the poor, says Cardinal Tagle

And I would add , No identificado a los ojos del hombre, pero identificado a los ojos de Dios .

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I struggled , Tad , when I saw your post .

Things often seem so meaningless , devoid of hope , prompting us to dejection .

Then I came across these recent words of Cardinal Tagle......"The faith that assures me that creation and history are in God's hands and these hands transform death into life, hatred into forgiveness and darkness into life -- this gives me hope," he said. "The faith that makes me see how people truly cooperate with God's action in the world through sincere love gives me hope."

Gospel message of hope is often taught by the poor, says Cardinal Tagle

And I would add , No identificado a los ojos del hombre, pero identificado a los ojos de Dios .

My big take away after my New Year's retreat at the Benedictine monastery is that here is a local community of Catholic faithful that would care enough to give this unknown soul a final resting place.

There were other graves on this property. Also well kept and attended. The fresh dirt accompanied by the smell of fresh roses. A sublime scent in the dry, cold landscape. An oblate later told us that the relatives of priests and religious associated with the monastery are buried there.

This is our Catholic faith in action. It gives me hope as well.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0