California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here at CF or go to any Christian forum, discord, etc. You’ll see discussion of every other topic but this. I'm not talking about news articles.

Sometimes I really wonder about our Christianity. 30,000+ people die people are crushed and trapped under buildings and we can just go on our next sermon and worship service. I don’t see the pain and compassion shared for the suffering that is happening in the church. Sure we can send our finances to this and that relief organization, but still, I see something else. Not even a discussion about this here. We’re too busy with our comfortable lives here in the West or is it our doctrines we hide behind?

There should have been international fasting and prayer mourning with the cancellation of all other meetings. Twenty-four-hour prayer chains just praying for the people of Türkiye in Syria. Yes, that would be the Church. We should be attending vigils, alongside Turkish and Syrian people. What would Jesus do is lost in translation while we cling to our false piety, while the world goes to hell in a handbasket and we say “oh well, what’s for dinner?”

Shame on us. It is sin. As the late Christian singer Keith Green said, “This generation of Christians is responsible for this generation of souls on earth.” I’m not here to win blessing points or win a popularity contest. Let’s get rid of apathy and indifference.

The Lord Jesus said, [Mat 21:13 NIV] "It is written," he said to them, " 'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'" What den is your church?

[Jas 4:17 NIV] 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them.

[Jon 4:10-11 NIV] But the LORD said, "You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell they're right hand from their left--and also many animals?"

[Rev 3:15-17 NIV] 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

Last edited:
EverydayBread
EverydayBread
Well yes we do actually. In our church we remembered to pray for Turkish and Syrian people. So, maybe it is just in your church this was not done?

God sees all and everything. We are just as evil, just as sinful, just as forgiven as they are there...

And what comes to fasting, yes, fasting attracts God, surely. You can fast anytime you like, and even the prayer of one person has huge impact.
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well no offense and in love.. you don't know of what your speak. Your heart is not in the right place. You can't see the heart. Not one believer has to make some post to please you. You used Gods word not to help not to encourage not build up but against them. Christ died for guilt there is none for the believer. It is not a sin if someone didn't pray for people after some earthquake. Now was I praying for them before this? :) Yeah not you or anyone else was I me thats what matters. See bring this before the Father and all He will do is point only back to you. Its not what others are doing or not doing...its what are you doing that matters. No one should feel guilty now since Christ died for guilt there now no condemnation to them in Christ Jesus. He said I didn't come to condemn the "world" I came to save it. Now look through His eyes. Speak words of life.

Now there must be millions like me that don't make any posts when I pray about anything. The simple fact I know believers are praying and then many are not praise GOD that is not sin. See I am not their God. Oh love Keith Green.. I remember when me and very dear friend went to see him it was free and they asked us in this huge place to please not leave one seat next to us empty for there were thousands out side wanting to get in yet would not. But what he said is that written in Gods word? We don't pay attention to what the spirit is saying. See so many times its not about others for He is speaking just to us. The sweet sweet holy Spirit will never say anything to make any believer feel guilty. Every time I have ever sin missed it never prayed He never once ever made me feel bad only good and that hurts. We are free.

I could have just went with did you read what Michie sister in Christ has been saying? Feb 6, Feb 13th and other places. See we see this we then pray but .. yeah I am not going to make some post to please anyone. The problem is not with us no offense in love.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think people pray all the time for many things. I know we did. We did not make a big deal out of it. But we did pray. I used to say "we will pray for you." I quit that in favor of an immediate prayer as the compassion and empathy hits. We have stopped watching so much news for reasons I suspect I do not have to say. But when we do watch the new or we see something on social media, we do pray.
I do agree organized prayer squads would be a good way to approach it. We used to call it prayer chains. Or some could get together at church on a nightly basis for prayer and Bible reading. I would be in favor of more of this sort of thing, not less.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well no offense and in love.. you don't know of what your speak. Your heart is not in the right place. You can't see the heart. Not one believer has to make some post to please you. You used Gods word not to help not to encourage not build up but against them. Christ died for guilt there is none for the believer. It is not a sin if someone didn't pray for people after some earthquake. Now was I praying for them before this? :) Yeah not you or anyone else was I me thats what matters. See bring this before the Father and all He will do is point only back to you. Its not what others are doing or not doing...its what are you doing that matters. No one should feel guilty now since Christ died for guilt there now no condemnation to them in Christ Jesus. He said I didn't come to condemn the "world" I came to save it. Now look through His eyes. Speak words of life.

Now there must be millions like me that don't make any posts when I pray about anything. The simple fact I know believers are praying and then many are not praise GOD that is not sin. See I am not their God. Oh love Keith Green.. I remember when me and very dear friend went to see him it was free and they asked us in this huge place to please not leave one seat next to us empty for there were thousands out side wanting to get in yet would not. But what he said is that written in Gods word? We don't pay attention to what the spirit is saying. See so many times its not about others for He is speaking just to us. The sweet sweet holy Spirit will never say anything to make any believer feel guilty. Every time I have ever sin missed it never prayed He never once ever made me feel bad only good and that hurts. We are free.

I could have just went with did you read what Michie sister in Christ has been saying? Feb 6, Feb 13th and other places. See we see this we then pray but .. yeah I am not going to make some post to please anyone. The problem is not with us no offense in love.
I write by simple observation. Actions speak louder than words. This is a group website with group discussions. It's not a site about guessing where people's hearts are. We know where people's hearts are by the discussions. People's hearts are not in Turkey and Syria.

When you say "Your heart is not in the right place" that is not condemning me? So it's okay for you.

Jesus said of the Holy Spirit [Jhn 16:8 CSB] 8 "When he comes, he will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment: and the same Jesus you say never condemned said [Mat 23:33 NIV] "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Unfortunately, there are no more like Keith Green today. Part of his message was "condemning." Maybe you missed those songs. They were all based on the word of God.

Where is the discussion in Michie's thread? No offense, in love.

Anyways pray for Turkey and Syria as the window for rescue is closing.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think people pray all the time for many things. I know we did. We did not make a big deal out of it. But we did pray. I used to say "we will pray for you." I quit that in favor of an immediate prayer as the compassion and empathy hits. We have stopped watching so much news for reasons I suspect I do not have to say. But when we do watch the new or we see something on social media, we do pray.
I do agree organized prayer squads would be a good way to approach it. We used to call it prayer chains. Or some could get together at church on a nightly basis for prayer and Bible reading. I would be in favor of more of this sort of thing, not less.
Amen. we can never pray enough. Yes, all glory goes to God. I miss the prayer meetings. I just thought a lot would be going on, just couldn't see it.

When I first joined this site I only stayed in Prayer Forum (for a few months) hoping to join others in spontaneous and group prayer. Never got an "Amen." In the book of Acts they prayed together. Today's Christians seem to frown on it as if people are trying to show off. Everybody says they pray, but I hardly see it. I'll be happy to be wrong. God bless.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
30,000+ people die people are crushed and trapped under buildings

Did something occur?

I haven't caught wind of anything, but I don't sit and watch the news anymore.

I just looked and I see news of an earthquake. This is the first I heard anything myself.

My prayers are with them. Very sad.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thy Brother's Blood Crieth By Amy Carmichael

https://womenofchristianity.com/thy-brothers-blood-crieth-out-by-amy-carmichael/
The tom-toms thumped straight on all night, and the darkness shuddered round me like a living, feeling thing. I could not go to sleep, so I lay awake and looked; and I saw, as it seemed, this:

That I stood on a grassy patch, and at my feet a ravine broke straight down into infinite space. I looked, but saw no bottom; only cloud shapes, black and furiously coiled, and great shadow-shrouded hollows, and unfathomable depths. Back I drew, dizzy at the depth.

Then I saw forms of people moving toward the edge. There was a woman with a baby in her arms and another little child holding on to her dress. She was on the very edge. She lifted her foot for the next step… Then, to my horror, I saw that she was blind. Before I could say anything she was over, and the children with her. Their cries pierced the air as they fell into the inky blackness of the ravine!

Then I saw more streams of people flowing from all quarters. All were blind, stone blind; all walked straight toward the edge. There were shrieks as they suddenly knew themselves falling, and a tossing up of helpless arms, catching, clutching at empty air. But some went over quietly, and fell without a sound.

Then I wondered, with a wonder that was sheer agony, why no one stopped them at the edge. I could not. I was glued to the ground, and I couldn’t even yell; though I strained and tried, only a whisper would come out.

Then I saw that along the edge there were sentries set at intervals.

But the intervals were too large; there were wide, unguarded gaps between. And over these gaps the people fell in their blindness, unwarned; and the green grass seemed blood-red to me, and the ravine yawned like the mouth of hell.

Then I saw, like a little picture of peace, a group of people under some trees with their backs turned towards the ravine. They were making daisy chains. Sometimes when a piercing shriek cut the quiet air and reached them, it disturbed them and they thought it was a rather crude noise. And if one of their group started up and wanted to go and do something to help, then all the others would pull that one down. “Why should you get so excited about it? You must wait for a definite call to go! You haven’t finished your daisy chain yet. It would be really selfish,” they said, “to leave us to finish the work alone.”

There was another group. It was made up of people whose great desire was to get more sentries out; but they found that very few wanted to go, and sometimes there were no sentries for miles and miles along the edge.

Once a girl stood alone in her place, waving the people back; but her mother and other relations called, and reminded her that her furlough was due; she must not break the rules. And being tired and needing a change, she had to go and rest for awhile; but no one was sent to guard her gap, and over and over the people fell, like a waterfall of souls. Once a child grabbed at a tuft of grass that grew at the very edge of the ravine; it clung convulsively, and it called – but nobody seemed to hear. Then the roots of the grass gave way, and with a cry the child went over, its two little hands still holding tight to the torn-off bunch of grass. And the girl who longed to be back in her gap thought she heard the little one cry, and she sprang up and wanted to go; at which her friends reproved her, reminding her that no one is necessary anywhere; “The gap would be well taken care of!”, they said. And then they sang a hymn.

Then through the hymn came another sound like the pain of a million broken hearts wrung out in one full drop, one sob. And a horror of great darkness was upon me, for I knew that it was “The Cry of the Blood”.

Then a voice thundered. It was the voice of the Lord, and He said, “What hast thou done? The voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.”

The tom-toms still beat heavily, the darkness still shuddered and shivered about me; I heard the yells of the devil-dancers and weird, wild shrieks of the devil-possessed just outside the gate.

What does it matter, after all? It has gone on for years; it will go on for years. Why make such a fuss about it? God forgive us!

God arouse us! Shame us out of our callousness! Shame us out of our sin!

“But whoso hath the gospel of Jesus Christ, and seeth the heathen lost and dying in their sin, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?” (1 John 3:17 paraphrased/ adapted by Amy Carmichael)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen. we can never pray enough. Yes, all glory goes to God. I miss the prayer meetings. I just thought a lot would be going on, just couldn't see it.

When I first joined this site I only stayed in Prayer Forum (for a few months) hoping to join others in spontaneous and group prayer. Never got an "Amen." In the book of Acts they prayed together. Today's Christians seem to frown on it as if people are trying to show off. Everybody says they pray, but I hardly see it. I'll be happy to be wrong. God bless.
That is something to pray for. I think people do not pray because they do not have any confidence in it. I see that in myself when I was younger.
Lord help us to be prayer warriors.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did something occur?

I haven't caught wind of anything, but I don't sit and watch the news anymore.

I just looked and I see news of an earthquake. This is the first I heard anything myself.

My prayers are with them. Very sad.
Yes dear,

Two massive earthquakes last Monday (6th) early morning. Death toll approaching 40,000. Many were trapped alive in the debris. Millions displaced.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,427.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean? Do you know me?
I know enough from your post. The moral indignation you have at people not voicing enough support for Turkey here. If only we could all be so caring as you, you who weep multiple hours a day for every tragedy all over the world.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I write by simple observation. Actions speak louder than words. This is a group website with group discussions. It's not a site about guessing where people's hearts are. We know where people's hearts are by the discussions. People's hearts are not in Turkey and Syria.

When you say "Your heart is not in the right place" that is not condemning me? So it's okay for you.

Jesus said of the Holy Spirit [Jhn 16:8 CSB] 8 "When he comes, he will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment: and the same Jesus you say never condemned said [Mat 23:33 NIV] "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Unfortunately, there are no more like Keith Green today. Part of his message was "condemning." Maybe you missed those songs. They were all based on the word of God.

Where is the discussion in Michie's thread? No offense, in love.

Anyways pray for Turkey and Syria as the window for rescue is closing.
Hi condemning for me means "express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure. sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, especially death". Something I not once thought about you.

Now all my life I have never been good with words this site knows that since I been here 20+ years. "Heart not in the right place". What was I thinking huh lol. My thinking was your looking at this wrong. Well did I not talk about their heart not seeing it knowing? So if I have offended you in any way forgive me.

What I know is believers all over the world have been praying and where I can not pray or forget to pray someone somewhere takes over. Oh Michies thread.. yeah not sure where you posts from (phone or PC) on my right now below this shows "Similar threads".

"When he comes, he will convict the world about sin" Lets keep reading "concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; " He already died for the sin of the world. Anyway not here to talk about sin.

I don't want to keep going with this. For me to come back. So "hey lets be praying for.....". No matter what you see hear feel walk by faith know that the GOD you server is really good at what He does. He gets people to pray all over the world for everything.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes dear,

Two massive earthquakes last Monday (6th) early morning. Death toll approaching 40,000. Many were trapped alive in the debris. Millions displaced.

Thank you for sharing, my husband hadn't heard anything either or he would have told me immediately.

I think a lot of what you're seeing is that so many people have turned off the news, or seriously began limiting exposure to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know enough from your post. The moral indignation you have at people not voicing enough support for Turkey here. If only we could all be so caring as you, you who weep multiple hours a day for every tragedy all over the world.
So you admit you don't care. Yeah, shame on you. What do you know from my post? No, please you can have my blessing points too. God be the judge between you and me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 6:5 Jesus teaches us, "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

It's a disservice to many to say that no one cares just because they don't post their prayers for everyone to see. Christians pray always for the victims of calamities. My church prays, my Bible study groups pray. I personally pray. God hears everyone's prayers, whether made through a prayer chain, fasting, a vigil or individually in our special prayer times. It's not important that we do it for everyone to see, or to make it known to everyone around us. It's just important that we do it in God's name and in Christ's name with sincerity.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 6:5 Jesus teaches us, "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

It's a disservice to many to say that no one cares just because they don't post their prayers for everyone to see. Christians pray always for the victims of calamities. My church prays, my Bible study groups pray. I personally pray. God hears everyone's prayers, whether made through a prayer chain, fasting, a vigil or individually in our special prayer times. It's not important that we do it for everyone to see, or to make it known to everyone around us. It's just important that we do it in God's name and in Christ's name with sincerity.
So in the book of Acts, they were all disobeying cause everyone could see each other praying? Shall I give you the verses? Individual prayer is only half of it. It's "Our father" not "my father."

You don't think the world around us sees what the Church is doing or not doing?

Yes only on Christ's merit do we pray. God bless

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing, my husband hadn't heard anything either or he would have told me (I have family, estranged family, but family nonetheless) immediately.

I think a lot of what you're seeing is that so many people have turned off the news, or seriously began limiting exposure to it.
Understandably. I forced myself to watch it all so it would sink in.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,427.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So you admit you don't care. Yeah, shame on you. What do you know from my post? No, please you can have my blessing points too. God be the judge between you and me.
I admit to being human, to being limited in what I can think and consider about. I don't have bottomless concern for everyone. I am not God and you are not either. If you are going to act is your love is infinite and your compassion endless, you are being a self-righteous liar.

Upvote 0