✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Honestly, we have waffled on this.
At first it was none at all. But after #4, I felt horrible, had a slow recovery, etc. Thought I'd better try to put off #5 a little while. So we tried NFP, but either I don't get it or God simply overwrote me, because our best efforts only delayed things by a couple of months.

I'm still open to a good explination of how NFP is supposed to work, but I think really the better thing for me to do is to be in better general health so I can take care of the family as I should.

(This last one was a piece of cake, BTW. God supplies all my needs!)

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, I've been nursing when the last 3 were concieved.

I get the part about cervical mucus, and it is pretty easy to see when I'm fertile. BUT, sperm can live up to a week. How can I tell that I'm going to be fertile in a week? So I was counting on the regularity of my periods, and used the calander. Obviously that didn't work...

What am I missing?

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I've been nursing when the last 3 were concieved.

I get the part about cervical mucus, and it is pretty easy to see when I'm fertile. BUT, sperm can live up to a week. How can I tell that I'm going to be fertile in a week? So I was counting on the regularity of my periods, and used the calander. Obviously that didn't work...

What am I missing?

If your period is pretty regular then you should know roughly when you are fertile, I have only ever heard that sperm can live up to five days, but that is in perfect conditions. Most people stop having sex, or use condoms one week before they think they will ovulate, and then for three days afterward(once your temp stays up for three days if you are temping). So it is about ten days out of the month that you have to be careful.

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If your period is pretty regular then you should know roughly when you are fertile, I have only ever heard that sperm can live up to five days, but that is in perfect conditions. Most people stop having sex, or use condoms one week before they think they will ovulate, and then for three days afterward(once your temp stays up for three days if you are temping). So it is about ten days out of the month that you have to be careful.
Maybe it was 5 days, but I went with a week to be safe. ;) can't remember for sure what the book said.

Oh well. I'm not sure if we'd try anything this time or not, but thanks for the info. We should talk about it, it won't be long til I'm 'able.' :D

Upvote 0