Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The above verse, I copied from Strong's Concordance online. Notice the word "narrow." How surprised I was to discover the true meaning of this word. Below is the definition:

1) to press (as grapes), press hard upon
2) a compressed way
a) narrow straitened, contracted
3) metaph. to trouble, afflict, distress

Coupled with Paul's words in the book of Acts (ch. 20), I believe we are able to view this narrow way:

18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,
21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

There are some ministers who believe Paul missed the Lord when he went to Jerusulam in response to what he felt was confirmation upon confirmation by the Holy Spirit that he was to go there. He was obedient despite what lay ahead for him. Motivation also was in him to be a part of the Bride of Christ.

For he knew there abides for us body of believers not just one but two promised resurrections to come. For those who walk a more committed walk, mortify the deeds of the flesh, count the cost, lay aside every weight, and are obedient to the voice of God, there is what is called by the writer of Hebrews (11:35), "a better resurrection," or as some label it, an "out resurrection," whereby the Bride will be resurrected first from out of the body of Christ.

It is this resurrection that we ought to be striving, to press in to obtain, to be selected as Christ's Bride. Paul knew what awaited him in Jerusulam, "bonds and afflictions," even his beheading, but he still went in obedience to the Lord's direction.

How this contrasts to what we sometimes think Christian life ought to be. Bonds and afflictions? Surely not when we have the power to move mountains, right? Wrong. Affliction is the way to life, yet none of these things should move us, or cause us to waiver off course.
Dave

Last edited: