• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Narcissism aftermath

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟245,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feel like I might be suffering from the aftermath of a narcissist relationship, because I am the victim of a narcissist, I dated and lived with a women for two years we shared an apartment together. Just to be brief I had no freedom in the relationship to do anything we were both unemployed but collecting money. But I was almost never allowed to leave the house unless she got to be with me, and if she did let me out it was like I had a curfew with her and if I wasn't back on her time she would come looking for me. She would make me feel bad for stuff I shouldn't feel bad, no free space or anything, had to know what I was doing on my phone at ball times she had to see everything I was doing on my phone. I was not even allowed to talk on the phone in a different room let alone be in a different, or even sit on a different piece of furniture, I had to be close to her at all times. She would accuse of doing things to her I never did an make me seem like I was a bad person. She would lie to me. And the worst part about it was that she thought I would never catch on to her after living with her for two years. She even went thru my phone and tried to delete my best friend off of Facebook when I was reaching out to my friend and telling him that she is controlling. She would want my attention 24/7 days a week. If I played my games for a few hours and she got bored it was my fault that she had nothing to do and etc and I pretty sure you can see the list can go on with someone like that, and these were daily thing I put up with for two years. But why I state this is because I left her the last two weeks of February and stop talking to her on March 1st for good. But it is now May I just woke up from a dream of her framing me for something I didn't do, and I woke up upset about it. But I have been fine for a month so I am not sure why I had this dream. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes I wish I had a women in my life again. I was reading online that narcissism is pychological abuse, so not only is that the problem but I also have to deal with the break up and the reality that the relationship I was in was a fake relationship and you can have ptsd from it. But I already have PTSD from 17 years ago when my mom passed away when I was 9 years old in a tragic fire accident, I'm a 27 year old male and still struggle with that. I definitely had trouble with being alone the first month an a half but I'm doing a lot better now.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry for the stress and truma you experiece regarding the loss of your mother.

May I make a suggestion.

That you learn two things from this experience.
1/ Christians do not live together, they Only marry.

2/ when dating or just being friends look out for behaviour that indicates they are domineering or overly possessive or overly dependant etc etc
A key ability is for both parties to be able to talk about what has happened.

Upvote 0