Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still remember one post where you said the three kinds of rock were ingenious, megalomaniac and sentimental. Or something like that. :p
You have a good memory. I forgot all about this:
I thought rocks were only indigenous, megamorphic, and sentimental?
Once again, you display your remarkable LACK of knowledge about this issue.

If you want to particpiate, please actually learn what you are talking about.

(Sentimental rocks. I chuckle)
Excuse me --- sedimental rocks --- better now?

^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't believe you would expect to find evidence of the very first apples in the fossil record. :doh:
You would expect to find a sudden appearance of fossils. Apples or whatever. That doesn't happen. I can't believe you still don't get this.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You would expect to find a sudden appearance of fossils. Apples or whatever. That doesn't happen.
Then keep looking.

My GUESS is that, even if they did find the first ones, they'd make up something under them and call it their ancestor.

So every fossil found ... be it an apple or a man ... will be linked somehow to something older, and that to something older, and that to something older, until they've linked everything back to stardust.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then keep looking.

My GUESS is that, even if they did find the first ones, they'd make up something under them and call it their ancestor.

So every fossil found ... be it an apple or a man ... will be linked somehow to something older, and that to something older, and that to something older, until they've linked everything back to stardust.
There is a continuous string of fossils that starts around 3 BILLION years ago. It doesn't suddenly start about 6,000 years ago. And the fossils don't start in the form they are today.

Your guess is useless.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a continuous string of fossils that starts around 3 BILLION years ago.
I don't believe that.

But are you willing to answer this question; and answer it truthfully:

Even if you didn't have this "continuous string of fossils" (let's say because it hasn't been found yet), wouldn't you still assume that the apples you have in the fossil record came from an immediate ancestor on principle?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that.

Even if you did have this "continuous string of fossils" (let's say because it hasn't been found yet), wouldn't you still assume that the apples you have in the fossil record came from an immediate ancestor on principle?
Science does not work like that.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Science does not work like that.
I disagree.

I can't believe you have a fossil record for every fruit in existence.

Apples, oranges, berries, lemons, bananas, everything.

And for any that you don't have, I'm sure you would just assume it came from its father, who came from its father, and so on.

On principle.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

I can't believe you have a fossil record for every fruit in existence.

Apples, oranges, berries, lemons, bananas, everything.

And for any that you don't have, I'm sure you would just assume it came from its father, who came from its father, and so on.

On principle.
Thanks for the Q.E.D.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the Q.E.D.
They aren't called "missing links" for nothing.

Those "links" are filled in on principle so as to concatenate all life from stardust to mankind.

Evolution is nothing more than a game of connect-the-dots; so as to make the flow of life analog, not digital.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They aren't called "missing links" for nothing.

Those "links" are filled in on principle so as to concatenate all life from stardust to mankind.

Evolution is nothing more than a game of connect-the-dots; so as to make the flow of life analog, not digital.
No, thats not how it works.

Try to learn the (very) basics.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, thats not how it works.
Then answer my question.

Tell me you don't need to see apples' immediate ancestor to "know" that apples came from something all the way back to stardust.

God created apple trees during the creation week.

They came into existence as fully-mature apple-bearing tress without a history.

They didn't have a "father".

And evolution doesn't have their "father" either: not because their father is MIA in the fossil record, but because they came into existence without one.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't believe that.

Even if you didn't have this "continuous string of fossils" (let's say because it hasn't been found yet), wouldn't you still assume that the apples you have in the fossil record came from an immediate ancestor on principle?
You're still missing the point. Creation says that everything was created about 6,000 years ago. So there should be a sudden appearance of fossils. There is not. There is a continuous line of fossils going back a long, long way. Not your manipulation of words. There is not a sudden appearance of fossils where before there wasn't any. It's not something that hasn't been found yet. It's that we've found all kinds of fossils where there shouldn't be any. Your creation narrative was disproven.

• Winner
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're still missing the point. Creation says that everything was created about 6,000 years ago. So there should be a sudden appearance of fossils.
Yup.
Phred said:
There is not. There is a continuous line of fossils going back a long, long way.
Of apples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of anything.
Just FYI, I Googled "where do apples come from in the fossil record" and, instead of getting a one-sentence specific answer, I got a history of how "wild apples" came from Europe and ... well ... everything but what I asked for?

This junk might work in a college setting, where college students have to "know" this so they can pass the course; but it doesn't work with me.

I'm not obligated to know this stuff.

And believe me, you're demonstrating that you don't either.

Had you known, you'd have salted your replies with pictures, links, theses, maps, charts, diagrams, and whatever other propaganda that exists on these apples.

God created apples in 4004 BC, and I challenge you to find their immediate fathers.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By the way.... the Bible doesn't say "apples." It says "fruit." There are no apples where the "Garden of Eden" is thought to have been.
Starting to sweat, are you?

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just FYI, I Googled "where do apples come from in the fossil record" and, instead of getting a one-sentence specific answer, I got a history of how "wild apples" came from Europe and ... well ... everything but what I asked for?

This junk might work in a college setting, where college students have to "know" this so they can pass the course; but it doesn't work with me.

I'm not obligated to know this stuff.

And believe me, you're demonstrating that you don't either.

Had you known, you'd have salted your replies with pictures, links, theses, maps, charts, diagrams, and whatever other propaganda that exists on these apples.

God created apples in 4004 BC, and I challenge you to find their immediate fathers.
I never mentioned apples. You did. I don't care about apples. As I've stated numerous times in this thread and others. Creation states that everything was created all at once. That means we should see a sudden appearance of life. Apples are life. We don't see this in the fossil record. We see a constant existence of life from about 3 billion years ago until now. Your creation narrative has been disproven.

I no longer bother to find links and such for you as you just wave your hands and dismiss whatever is posted. I assure you. The fossil record is there. It fills museums the world over. You know what's not there? The slightest evidence of creation.

Oh, and apples were first cultivated in Kazakstan. They are a human creation. God didn't create them. In 4004 BC or any time. Men did.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then answer my question.

Tell me you don't need to see apples' immediate ancestor to "know" that apples came from something all the way back to stardust.

God created apple trees during the creation week.

They came into existence as fully-mature apple-bearing tress without a history.

They didn't have a "father".

And evolution doesn't have their "father" either: not because their father is MIA in the fossil record, but because they came into existence without one.
I’m not responsible for your education.

The workings and data of the ToE are freely available.

Upvote 0