timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ironically, this invention of mine has been sitting around since 2003. I decided to shelve it for a while due to lack of interest. It's a form of fully electric, Non-Newtonian, propellantless propulsion device that may be used on spacecraft in the future.

When I heard about the British EM drive last year, I decided to make my invention known. It's an entirely different device than the British EM drive. It utilizes the attractive forces between electrostatic dipoles instead of microwave energy. It is a much more compact, simpler and lighter weight device. There's even a massive room for improvement I haven't explored yet due to lack of opportunities.

The video below describes the basic principles and the short test performed to indicate thrust (more test videos coming soon of the same tests I did back in 2003!)

I call it the "Altered Electric Field Frame of Reference Drive" (AEFFOR) or A4 Drive for short. The principle is analogous to spacetime curvature in altering frames of reference but with Electric Fields instead of gravity and light. Thanks for watching!

Reactions: brinny

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Ironically, this invention of mine has been sitting around since 2003. I decided to shelve it for a while due to lack of interest. It's a form of fully electric, Non-Newtonian, propellantless propulsion device that may be used on spacecraft in the future.

When I heard about the British EM drive last year, I decided to make my invention known. It's an entirely different device than the British EM drive. It utilizes the attractive forces between electrostatic dipoles instead of microwave energy. It is a much more compact, simpler and lighter weight device. There's even a massive room for improvement I haven't explored yet due to lack of opportunities.

The video below describes the basic principles and the short test performed to indicate thrust (more test videos coming soon of the same tests I did back in 2003!)

I call it the "Altered Electric Field Frame of Reference Drive" (AEFFOR) or A4 Drive for short. The principle is analogous to spacetime curvature in altering frames of reference but with Electric Fields instead of gravity and light. Thanks for watching!

It looks cool actually. Keep in mind that you'll need to try out your design inside of a vacuum before you can rule out particle kinetic energy as a thrust mechanism, and to be sure it will work in 'space'. :)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It looks cool actually. Keep in mind that you'll need to try out your design inside of a vacuum before you can rule out particle kinetic energy as a thrust mechanism, and to be sure it will work in 'space'. :)

The ion (both positive and negative) discharge is visible. I'll try to get clearer images in the next couple of days.

You'll be surprised at the direction they are going! They are actually flying in the same direction as A4 drive is going (It's the opposite in Newtonian devices)

I have no access to a large high vacuum chamber. But fortunately, I can provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do it just in case some one has access to a large high vacuum chamber and wants to verify it. I can do it in the subsequent videos.:)

I have previously tested it enclosed in an airtight bag (to discount any thrust from Corona (ion) discharges) and it passed the test. Newtonian devices would fail that simple test. I will include it in the subsequent test videos also. The bag test would at least

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The ion (both positive and negative) discharge is visible. I'll try to get clearer images in the next couple of days.

You'll be surprised at the direction they are going! They are actually flying in the same direction as A4 drive is going (It's the opposite in Newtonian devices)

I have no access to a large high vacuum chamber. But fortunately, I can provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do it just in case some one has access to a large high vacuum chamber and wants to verify it. I can do it in the subsequent videos.:)

I have previously tested it enclosed in an airtight bag (to discount any thrust from Corona (ion) discharges) and it passed the test. Newtonian devices would fail that simple test. I will include it in the subsequent test videos also. The bag test would at least

Keep in mind that If the device requires the ionization of air particles, and particle kinetic energy from those ionized air particles to work, it may not function so well once you remove the air around the device. In other words, it might work fine in the atmosphere of a planet, but it might not provide any thrust in the vacuum of space.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

May God bless you and your invention, and ALL of your ideas and creativity.

Have you looked into getting it patented?

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind that If the device requires the ionization of air particles, and particle kinetic energy from those ionized air particles to work, it may not function so well once you remove the air around the device. In other words, it might work fine in the atmosphere of a planet, but it might not provide any thrust in the vacuum of space.

The ionization is actually an unwanted part of the process. If possible, it has to be eliminated. It is a major waste in energy and the ozone produced is detrimental to organics.

In the few days ahead, God Willing, I might demonstrate different shapes, try to eliminate corona discharges, and sealed "zero reaction" demonstrations.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
May God bless you and your invention, and ALL of your ideas and creativity.

Have you looked into getting it patented?

Thank you! I don't think I could ever get it patented. My invention had been around in the internet since 2003.

However, I might be able to get the final prototype patented.

If it ever kicks up I hope to turn it into an open source project. I'm not a big fan of the elitist status of space travel, if there's a chance a common man could be sent up there, to the moon, to the planets at very little cost and the safety of a tank :)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you! I don't think I could ever get it patented. My invention had been around in the internet since 2003.

However, I might be able to get the final prototype patented.

If it ever kicks up I hope to turn it into an open source project. I'm not a big fan of the elitist status of space travel, if there's a chance a common man could be sent up there, to the moon, to the planets at very little cost and the safety of a tank :)

Praying it works out for you.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Let me know when you become a multi millionaire, and I will send you a begging letter.

o_O I don't have a clue why would you do that.

I don't even think I'll be rich in this invention or project, there's very little interest. Since 2003, nothing changed.

I have another invention that might get me some big attention....if I ever get it out of the theoretical stage. It's been sitting in theory since 2009. Still trying to make it simple enough for cheap mass production. Just need better ideas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Is this a claimed perpetual motion machine? You can't just get a supply of energy without it coming from somewhere.

None of my inventions violate the law of conservation of energy. In fact, nothing in the Universe does so why even bother? :)

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ok, what powers your device? Where does the energy come from?

From what I can see, it amounts to a series of parallel plate capacitors strung together. Passing an AC current through it would consume virtually no energy, and a DC current wouldn't flow at all, once the plates had been charged.

Besides, if I had an invention which could have NASA champing at the bit, I would keep very quiet about it, until I had got it safely patented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
From what I can see, it amounts to a series of parallel plate capacitors strung together. Passing an AC current through it would consume virtually no energy, and a DC current wouldn't flow at all, once the plates had been charged.

The wires between the main electrodes aren't capacitor themselves. They are not connected to anything and electrically isolated from each other. They serve to distribute the electric field gradient between the electrodes.

Similar equipment have been used in high voltage particle accelerators and referred to as "grading rings" or "corona rings".

But in my invention, I employed them to project the "minimal path of electrical resistance" upwards, effectively, displacing the electric field and modifying the vector of forces to produce thrust.

Besides, if I had an invention which could have NASA champing at the bit, I would keep very quiet about it, until I had got it safely patented.

I was just a kid then. Besides, no one's interested at that time, I even got banned from a reputable science forums...

Apparently, it's illegal to violate Newton's 3rd Law :D

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The wires between the main electrodes aren't capacitor themselves. They are not connected to anything and electrically isolated from each other.

Like I said, the plates of a capacitor. A positive charge on the anode would produce a negative charge on the surface of the wire nearest to the anode, resulting in a positive charge on the other side of the wire, which would induce a negative charge on the near surface of the next wire, resulting in a positive charge on the far surface.... and so on all the way across to the cathode.

Absolutely elementary electrostatics, and no energy consumption at all - especially n the vacuum of space, where you would have no air molecules to ionize.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There's electrical drain from two sources:

- Corona discharges (glowing you saw in the video)
- Possible Quantum tunneling of electrons through the insulator

Like I said - no corona discharges in space. As for quantum tunneling, am I to expect that my room lights might stay on when I switch them off, because of tunneling of electrons?

Upvote 0