Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Movies are powerful. Sweeping visual landscapes, beautiful soundtracks, characters of any form being brought to life in our home....movies are surely a massive force in our culture.

But to what end?

What I present here, and would like the rest of you to present, is movies that leave a lasting impact. Surely nonfiction biographies are good source of inspiration, yet what fascinates me most is how much fiction can influence reality. A fictional story can bring out something great in people, show a meaning to our life, point us to our calling...the power of fiction is incredible. Use it wisely.

This movie shows the cynicism & revitalization of a forgotten Russian village, juxtaposed by the Tokyo gang war scene. Mostly drama, good action, and beautifully available for free online. This movie makes me want to be a priest.

Lord, preserve me, so I can work these wonders in your world. There is much of this story that I want to bring to life.

This is a listing of powerful Catholic movies. I've seen The Mission, which is truly great.

While I haven't seen it, people have really recommended the movie "The five people you meet in heaven". It's based on a book by Mitch Albom, most famous for Tuesday's with Morrie. He was a sports journalist, before turning his writing life away from the superficiality that was his specialty, into writing for deeper meaning, showing that there is more to life than this life.

As so much of the world stands on what could be a turning point in global history, I feel certain unease, as I suppose we all do. We could wake up tomorrow to no Kiev, or no Moscow, or no you. It's always possible, we're just a little more aware of it now.

I share this as an earnest prayer. Let us do what we can, where we are. But do not stay fixed on this world, because this world is where everything comes to an end. Do good, but do not forget there is something higher, lest all the good we do will be for naught. Movies are one way to do this, if we do it right.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟528,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This one had a massive influence on me; Narnia'esque

Full movie is avail on youtube

A favorite clip

May I ask how this influenced you? I just watched the trailer, and I'm genuinely curious how w movie that appears to be horror is able to influence you so much--it's not a genre I've watched much.

And thanks for sharing! Every perspective adds a little to this thread

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm genuinely curious how w movie that appears to be horror

Not horror - watch the other clip and you will get the feel of it though. I would say that it helped me wake up, the right way. I could identify a lot with the main character.

Upvote 0