US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
More than half of Americans think President Biden was “probably involved” in his son’s business transactions.

A poll conducted by J.L. Partners for DailyMail.com shows that 51% said Mr. Biden was probably involved in Hunter’s dealings. Republicans are likelier to believe the president was involved, with 92% agreeing with the statement, than Democrats at 11%. More than half of independents at 55% believe he was involved.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I hope that this matter is decided in the courts, rather than by public opinion poll. I do not have direct access to the evidence, and neither do most of the people polled.
I do too. Hopefuly we can have Biden impeached, and tried before the General Election.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟341,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do too. Hopefuly we can have Biden impeached, and tried before the General Election.

Let's switch the order of that. Tried in an ordinary court, before an ordinary jury, if the evidence is strong enough to warrant it. Based on that outcome, the Congress can consider impeachment.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Let's switch the order of that. Tried in an ordinary court, before an ordinary jury, if the evidence is strong enough to warrant it. Based on that outcome, the Congress can consider impeachment.
Clinton was impeached. When was he tried in an "ordinary court?"

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟341,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Clinton was impeached. When was he tried in an "ordinary court?"

Clinton was impeached for having an affair and then lying about it. Scummy, and the lying was technically perjury, but minor stuff as far as the law goes. The accusation against Biden, as best as I can make it out, is something like bribery. That's much more serious business. Possibly seriously illegal business -- depending on the exact nature of the charges -- and worthy of being evaluated by a jury if the evidence is substantial.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Clinton was impeached for having an affair and then lying about it. Scummy, and the lying was technically perjury, but minor stuff as far as the law goes. The accusation against Biden, as best as I can make it out, is something like bribery. That's much more serious business. Possibly seriously illegal business -- depending on the exact nature of the charges -- and worthy of being evaluated by a jury if the evidence is substantial.

Sure enough; and Article I Section III leaves that possibility open.

Article I Section III

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure enough; and Article I Section III leaves that possibility open.

Article I Section III

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
Bribery is a serious crime.
A “high crime”, even, certainly impeachable, if only Comer and Jordan could come up with some evidence that this occurred, it’d be a done deal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Bribery is a serious crime.
A “high crime”, even, certainly impeachable, if only Comer and Jordan could come up with some evidence that this occurred, it’d be a done deal.

All you need is some evidence. So far, all the GOP witnesses have cleared him. How embarrassing!
In ten hours y'all can break out the popcorn.

WATCH LIVE: The Biden Impeachment Hearings - Day 1​

House Republicans will hold the first hearing in their impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden on Thursday, Sept. 28. PBS NewsHour's streaming coverage of the hearing will begin at 9:30am ET.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
More than half of Americans think President Biden was “probably involved” in his son’s business transactions.
Simply being involved in his business dealings isn't illegal in itself. Lying that he wasn't involved would be a bit unethical, but not illegal. So I don't really see this as any kind of problem. The only problem is if actual illegal activities went on in the business deals that Joe might have had a hand in, and so far there's no evidence of that.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Simply being involved in his business dealings isn't illegal in itself. Lying that he wasn't involved would be a bit unethical, but not illegal. So I don't really see this as any kind of problem. The only problem is if actual illegal activities went on in the business deals that Joe might have had a hand in, and so far there's no evidence of that.
I'm looking forward to the hearings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In ten hours y'all can break out the popcorn.

WATCH LIVE: The Biden Impeachment Hearings - Day 1​

House Republicans will hold the first hearing in their impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden on Thursday, Sept. 28. PBS NewsHour's streaming coverage of the hearing will begin at 9:30am ET.
9:30am is too early for gin (or popcorn) though I may fry up some oatmeal?
(I expect hijinks and hilarity and might just wait for the rushes?)

Upvote 0