Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Technically, it's the Bank of England's and it's just very small or very long term loans without interest.

That'll make sure you don't understand what I'm saying, won't it?

I can usually tell when I make a good point.

People will be willing to make themselves look ... well ... clownish in their avoidance of an honest answer.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
That'll make sure you don't understand what I'm saying, won't it?

I can usually tell when I make a good point.

People will be willing to make themselves look ... well ... clownish in their avoidance of an honest answer.

Or sometimes your own statements are nonsensical that all they deserve is a nonsensical statement in return.

How can the moon have 'propriety light' when it's a ball of rock? Why not just say "It's reflected light from the sun"?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,951,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or sometimes your own statements are nonsensical that all they deserve is a nonsensical statement in return.

How can the moon have 'propriety light' when it's a ball of rock? Why not just say "It's reflected light from the sun"?

Like I did in Post 854?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,951,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Would calling it what the Bible calls it ("its own light") be better for you?

If you included an explanation that wasn't just "reflected light from the sun", then that would be more honest, since in saying that moon gives off its own light, you're saying that the moon gives off its own light.

It's a legal distinction.

Not a physical one.

And why did you feel the need to give a legal distinction at all? Are you afraid that you're going to be sued by the sun for saying that the moon reflects its light?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,951,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟179,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well ... you know ... someone might get the wrong idea and think the Bible has mistakes in It. :rolleyes:
Not likely, since the Bible does not address the question of whether the moon's light is reflected or originated by the moon.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well ... you know ... someone might get the wrong idea and think the Bible has mistakes in It. :rolleyes:

It unfortunately does. There is not one thing written by human hand that does not have mistakes in it.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,951,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It unfortunately does. There is not one thing written by human hand that does not have mistakes in it.

I take it then that the Ten Commandments are perfect?

Exodus 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I take it then that the Ten Commandments are perfect?

Exodus 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

AV, I'm not going to be drawn into a debate on the inerrancy and perfection of the Bible with you.

Just try and make the attempt to explain how the moon can produce its own light without reflecting it from the sun.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,951,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just try and make the attempt to explain how the moon can produce its own light without reflecting it from the sun.

Sure.

When you tell me how the moon can have its own light without producing any.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Sure.

When you tell me how the moon can have its own light without producing any.

Its surface allows the moon to reflect the light from the sun.

Your turn to answer my question, if you can.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And it's funny that 'the age we are in' has been applied consistently to the entire length and existence of humanity since the Bible was written.

And in that whole time, not one person has described how the moon gives off it's own light.

The age started in the garden when sin was brought in. Why do you think God selected a people for Himself, they were supposed to be a light to satan's kingdom. So people could come to believe in the true creator God and not some god satan helped to by deception convinced was real.

I have stated several times (and even posted photos) the light from the moon originates from inside the moon. the surface and the impressions on the moon emit light.

Take sphere and light it with a light source and recreate with a camera. The same type of way light does when a camera is zoomed in on the moon. You should be able to reproduce this, that is if the moons light is a reflected light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The age started in the garden when sin was brought in. Why do you think God selected a people for Himself, they were supposed to be a light to satan's kingdom. So people could come to believe in the true creator God and not some god satan helped to by deception convinced was real.

I have stated several times (and even posted photos) the light from the moon originates from inside the moon. the surface and the impressions on the moon emit light.

Take sphere and light it with a light source and recreate with a camera. The same type of way light does when a camera is zoomed in on the moon. You should be able to reproduce this, that is if the moons light is a reflected light.

But all the evidence shows that the moon's light is only reflected light. There is no mechanism for the moon to create light of its own.

• Agree
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But all the evidence shows that the moon's light is only reflected light. There is no mechanism for the moon to create light of its own.
-​

Why can i reproduce the exact same light effect that is in the video of the moon. When i cover a incandescent light with paper and zoom in on the paper covered light.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,832.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-​

Why can i reproduce the exact same light effect that is in the video of the moon. When i cover a incandescent light with paper and zoom in on the paper covered light.

Nope, that's just a nonsensical comment if I ever saw one.

If you say that the moon creates and emits its own light, then there must be a mechanism that exists in the moon to create said light. In the sun, that mechanism if fusion. In saying that moon is its own source of light, then something similar must be happening to create said light. What is that mechanism, that process?

Upvote 0