• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Missing Mom

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tom, Broken, and Jo:

Thank you so much! I made it through the day...and through the first year without Mom. That seems like a big accomplishment. When she was sick (and even before she got sick)...I could not imagine myself living without her.

Thank You, Lord, for being by my side. Thank You for Your love and support. Life seems very confusing right now, but I trust You. Please guide me down the best path, whatever that is. Help me to be obedient and to keep the faith. I love You.

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug::hug: My sister posted this for me the other night and I'd like to share it with you. My mom passed away in March of 1986 and there are still so many times when I wish I could feel her arms around me and hear her say I love you and everythings going to be ok. Our Lord has carried me through many storms and He will carry you too :hug::hug:
YouTube - Leona Lewis - Footprints In The Sand [Lyrics]

Wow! That is beautiful!!!

Thank you so much for posting that! :hug:

Upvote 0
T

The Maltese Momma

I so totally understand. My mom died a little over a year ago, and when she did, it felt like my daddy died all over again....Daddy died in July 2007 and Mom Oct. 2009. I know where they are, Praise the Lord.....I just miss them. Age of a loved one has nothing to do with how much you miss them. "Oh, rejoice in the fact they lived a full and fruitful life." That is true enough. My daddy was 95 years old and my mom 85. Some days are easier than others. The missing never goes away, and that is not a bad thing.....just not allowing to consume me. Shalom:)

Upvote 0

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
357656010v4_480x480_Front.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JordanDaniel

JordanDaniel
Dec 5, 2010
America
✟15,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I lost my mother when I was 12 years old...I still cry about it today. But I know I'll see her in heaven soon. PEOPLE!!! In a sense we are the lucky generation, alot of us aren't even going to have to experience death!!We are going to be RAPTURED!!!!! Think of it:)...In a blink of an eye...we are going to be eating dinner with Jesus...talking to all the loved ones we are missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WITH JESUS!!!lol

Upvote 0