✟8,963.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
it's been the front page story for several days now
www.thestar.com
www.globeandmail.com

this 9 year old girl was snatched from her bedroom Sunday night/Monday morning. police are investigating all possibilities including sexual predators, kidnapping for ransom, and gang involvement.

please pray for the family of Cecilia Zhang. I don't know her personally, but it's always terribly sad and scary when a child goes missing. I pray for her safe return.

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
What makes me sick about this whole thing is that there are 100's of kids in Toronto who are black, from the ghetto and have parents on welfare who are kidnapped and get NO media coverage whatsoever. The only reason Cecilia's case is so high profile is because her parents were regardedvery highly back in China. I have a hard time accepting that the media can soooooooooooooo sympathetic and helpful to this one family which in heory fits every stereotype of a 'perfect' family.

Of course I'm not saying that I don't feel sorry for the family. I feel very sorry and can't imagine their pain. But high profile cases like this make me sick because of the million other that don't get a second of coverage.

Upvote 0

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
you're right that's ridiculous!

draper said:
What makes me sick about this whole thing is that there are 100's of kids in Toronto who are black, from the ghetto and have parents on welfare who are kidnapped and get NO media coverage whatsoever. The only reason Cecilia's case is so high profile is because her parents were regardedvery highly back in China. I have a hard time accepting that the media can soooooooooooooo sympathetic and helpful to this one family which in heory fits every stereotype of a 'perfect' family.

Of course I'm not saying that I don't feel sorry for the family. I feel very sorry and can't imagine their pain. But high profile cases like this make me sick because of the million other that don't get a second of coverage.

Upvote 0

Dawn Marie

Soda for Wine
Oct 27, 2002
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
The reason it's getting so much publicity is because the family is probably rich and pays for the publicity. I don't think it has anything to do with race, or that they're 'well-known'... it's just that they can afford to pay for all that stuff.

It is always horrible when a child is kidnapped. It always makes me so sad...

But... they found Elizabeth Smart, right? There is always hope.

Upvote 0