• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Minimed's New Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedWord

Certified Network Engineer
May 9, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
✟18,538.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Nienor said:
http://www.minimed.com/products/insulinpumps/realtime/index.html

Has anyone else heard about this? I'm really excited, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to upgrade to the continuous blood sugar monitering.
My mom uses the new Minimed Pump. She gets free pumps and glucometers from Roche and Beheringer Mannheim because of some study stuff she does. It has helped her be constantly regulated. She has been able to lose about 20 pounds since being on it. It is a great machine, I had to learn how to use it in case of emergencies. I strongly recommend getting one.

God Bless,
Brian

Upvote 0

lillybug0514

Senior Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
Texas
✟10,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nienor said:
But it has to come out on the market first, and then I have to wait for insurance to be willing to buy a new one. But it'll be well worth the wait :D

Hehe, good luck with that, I just finished fighting with my insurance for new pump, and it only took 10 months :D

Do you have a Minimed pump? My last one was the 512 and I had a ton of problems with it so I have switched to a different company. How is yours doing?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.