'Migrant influencer' urging illegals to squat in US homes on run from authorities

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Venezuelan TikToker who went viral last month after defending illegal immigrant criminals and urging migrants to squat in U.S. homes is now on the run from immigration authorities, according to a new report.

Leonel Moreno has claimed that his family, which includes his wife and young daughter, has received $350 a week in government handouts since entering the U.S. illegally.

On top of that, he had claimed to be making $1,000 a day as a TikTok influencer. However, his account, which at one point had more than 500,000 followers, appeared inactive Wednesday morning. His verified Instagram account, however, has about 17,000 followers and posted two videos Wednesday morning showing him waving a stack of $100 bills as he posed with his baby girl.
Moreno allegedly cut off his ankle monitor after receiving border parole and is now listed as an "absconder" from immigration authorities, the New York Post reported Wednesday, citing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) documents.

ICE did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Moreno reportedly received border parole in April 2022 as part of the government's Alternatives to Detention program, which is supposed to track catch-and-release migrants when there is not enough room to detain them.

Moreno previously told his audience he planned to make a business out of "invading" abandoned houses and taking them over with squatters' rights laws, then selling them for a profit.

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How would that work? If someone squatted in my yard i would call the police.
The squatters are taking up residence in houses that are owned by Americans.
If the squatters live in that house long enough, too many cities or states have laws granted those people "squatter rights" allowing them to keep on living there without the consent of the property owners.

• Wow
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should make sure you live in your house then.

If I could be honest I kinda wish poor Americans did this...
What would you say to home owners who own more than one house and would want to rent out one of those houses?

• Wow
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Venezuelan TikToker who went viral last month after defending illegal immigrant criminals and urging migrants to squat in U.S. homes is now on the run from immigration authorities, according to a new report.
I thought Biden was just letting all of these people run free. Now he's got ICE chasing them? What the heck, Joe? That's not the open borders lib I voted for.

• Haha
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That they should sell it.
What if they can not find someone who can afford to buy it?
For millions of people, it is more affordable to pay rent than it is to come up with enough money for down payment on a house along with getting a loan to buy that house.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nevertheless, "squatting" should be illegal and in many places it is.
It should be treated for what it actually is, trespassing. Not squatting. Squatting is trespassing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What would you say to home owners who own more than one house and would want to rent out one of those houses?
Don't leave it vacant for years.

-- A2SG, though, how many years can vary from state to state....seven seems to be typical....

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nevertheless, "squatting" should be illegal and in many places it is.
I think states wanted to make trespassing(a police matter) into a civil matter, hence “squatting“. So now people have to take squatters to civil court and allow the trespassers to stay.

Where do they get these lawmakers from?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You should research your state's squatting and trespassing laws. Notable changes were initiated last year in several places. Some won't remove trespassers and if you attempt to do so and a crime occurs you're liable.

@returntosender,

If you recall my recent comment on your thread this is one of the reasons you need a man when you own property. Vagrants will be bolder if they discover a woman resides alone or with children. If you own a house you should learn to use a firearm.

~bella

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟377,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
99% of people wouldn't have that problem

For millions of people, it is more affordable to pay rent than it is to come up with enough money for down payment on a house along with getting a loan to buy that house.
And for millions it is not more affordable. Get more single houses on the market (and get more units out of corporate interests) and you would move prices down

There are no silver bullets. It would help some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You shouldn't own two homes. What do you need two homes for. You are just a selfish rich person and we should take your home away and give it to someone else. Along with most of your money.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Mor importantly, why should they sell it? They bought it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I thought Biden was just letting all of these people run free. Now he's got ICE chasing them? What the heck, Joe? That's not the open borders lib I voted for.
You know ICE wouldn't have to be chasing him if Biden wouldn't have let him in in the first place.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,166.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think states wanted to make trespassing(a police matter) into a civil matter, hence “squatting“. So now people have to take squatters to civil court and allow the trespassers to stay.

Where do they get these lawmakers from?
The Democratic pool.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You shouldn't own two homes. What do you need two homes for. You are just a selfish rich person and we should take your home away and give it to someone else. Along with most of your money.
I believe that you are being sarcastic there.

Upvote 0