Merrill WI man pleads no contest to sexually assaulting children at Langlade County church

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

A judge found Travis Huse guilty of 12 felony counts, including four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child.

His father, Scott L. Huse, 66, of Wautoma, faces one count of child enticement, four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and seven counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child. Scott Huse is scheduled to go to trial on the charges against him in October.

According to the criminal complaint, eight women came forward to accuse the father and son of assaulting them when they were youths at the church.

Another woman said Travis Huse was working as a teacher's aide at the Apostolic Worship Center when he assaulted her during class when she was 12 and 13, according to the complaint.

The sixth victim said she was 17 years old when Travis Huse was working as a youth group counselor at the Worship Center

--

#notadragqueen comes to a close after a year. Some recent quotes from two of the stories are useful, I think:

“Sexual abuse is a problem in every institutional setting,” Feinstein said.

"This is a reminder to all that those in positions of authority have a lot of access to children. It is important to remain vigilant."

Vigilance is not a sometimes attitude.

Jesus warned of wolves in sheep's clothing, not wolves in drag.

Samwise warned of enemies that seem fair, but feel foul.
No matter the venue, keep your senses open to detect any feeling of foulness, even if all seems fair.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

A judge found Travis Huse guilty of 12 felony counts, including four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child.

His father, Scott L. Huse, 66, of Wautoma, faces one count of child enticement, four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and seven counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child. Scott Huse is scheduled to go to trial on the charges against him in October.

According to the criminal complaint, eight women came forward to accuse the father and son of assaulting them when they were youths at the church.

Another woman said Travis Huse was working as a teacher's aide at the Apostolic Worship Center when he assaulted her during class when she was 12 and 13, according to the complaint.

The sixth victim said she was 17 years old when Travis Huse was working as a youth group counselor at the Worship Center

--

#notadragqueen comes to a close after a year. Some recent quotes from two of the stories are useful, I think:

“Sexual abuse is a problem in every institutional setting,” Feinstein said.

"This is a reminder to all that those in positions of authority have a lot of access to children. It is important to remain vigilant."

Vigilance is not a sometimes attitude.

Jesus warned of wolves in sheep's clothing, not wolves in drag.

Samwise warned of enemies that seem fair, but feel foul.
No matter the venue, keep your senses open to detect any feeling of foulness, even if all seems fair.
So what exactly are we supposed to discuss and debate in this thread?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The man wasn’t a drag Queen so apparently drag queens are safe around children.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm not sure how you can read my statement that you should always be vigilant and come to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He could have been a drag queen in private, we don't know. Anyway the logic doesn't work. You could say he wasn't a serial killer so apparently serial killers are safe around children.

I'm not sure how you can read my statement that you should always be vigilant and come to that conclusion.
Could you answer my question then?

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
He could have been a drag queen in private, we don't know.

Seeings as “drag queen“ is a term to indicate a visual-performer, a “drag-queen in private”, would just be a person that enjoys “cross-dressing”.
Anyway the logic doesn't work. You could say he wasn't a serial killer so apparently serial killers are safe around children.
The point is that the reprehensible person involved was in a position of trust and violated it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Fair enough. Most drag queens aren’t sexual predators and I accept that. Adults can do what they want in adult settings. I don’t care.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seeings as “drag queen“ is a term to indicate a visual-performer, a “drag-queen in private”, would just be a person that enjoys “cross-dressing”.
Drag queens don't enjoy cross-dressing? And there are food TV shows where cooks visually perform cooking, but if I cook privately in my home, I'm still a cook.
The point is that the reprehensible person involved was in a position of trust and violated it.
So if an employee in a position of trust committed embezzlement from a company over two decades ago in a small town no one's ever heard of, that would be fit for discussion and debate in this forum...because the point is violation of trust? Will someone here come out as pro-embezzlement? Don't play coy.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Drag queens don't enjoy cross-dressing? And there are food TV shows where cooks visually perform cooking, but if I cook privately in my home, I'm still a cook.
I am a home cook too but wouldn’t last a shift in a restaurant.
So if an employee in a position of trust committed embezzlement from a company over two decades ago in a small town no one's ever heard of, that would be fit for discussion and debate in this forum...because the point is violation of trust? Will someone here come out as pro-embezzlement? Don't play coy.
If you don’t think this is a topic worthy of your time…why are we at this juncture?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am a home cook too but wouldn’t last a shift in a restaurant.
Me too, but not all drag queens are created equal. Many aren't good enough to perform publicly, but they can still be considered drag queens.
If you don’t think this is a topic worthy of your time…why are we at this juncture?
The topic is not worthy of my time, but the fact that the topic was posted on a Christian forum is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Me too, but not all drag queens are created equal. Many aren't good enough to perform publicly, but they can still be considered drag queens.

If a cross-dresser is out in public it’s fair to refer to them as a drag queen.
The topic is not worthy of my time, but the fact that the topic was posted on a Christian forum is.
Well it’s in the “heathens allowed” areas so…either enjoy hobnobbing with heck-bound folk or not.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well it’s in the “heathens allowed” areas so…either enjoy hobnobbing with heck-bound folk or not.
I'm trying to enjoy hobnobbing with the heathen OP, but he's ignoring me. He always ignores me. Except I know he doesn't have me officially on ignore because awhile back I made a joke about me getting beat up, and he gave the post a "Like". Yeah he liked me getting beat up. Just goes to show you the violence inherent in the Left. :)

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to enjoy hobnobbing with the heathen OP, but he's ignoring me. He always ignores me. Except I know he doesn't have me officially on ignore because awhile back I made a joke about me getting beat up, and he gave the post a "Like". Yeah he liked me getting beat up. Just goes to show you the violence inherent in the Left. :)
Its doesnt really show anything except your take on a situation the rest of us arent in a position to review.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Its doesnt really show anything except your take on a situation the rest of us arent in a position to review.
I don't understand what your post is saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I re read it and its already fully optimized for content and coherence. I dont know what else to do. Its not my most important work tho.
Can you give me a hint? The first word - "Its". What does "it" refer to?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Can you give me a hint? The first word - "Its". What does "it" refer to?
Oops I wrote Its instead of it..... which refers to the conclusion you drew from the situation you described in which OP person find it funny you got beat up.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oops I wrote Its instead of it..... which refers to the conclusion you drew from the situation you described in which OP person find it funny you got beat up.
Oh I see. No, no he didn't find it funny. Other people did, but he just liked it. It actually occurred in a thread you made, and you can review it here if you want. Anyway it's not important, and I may be on the verge of breaking some rule here, so I'm dropping it.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We can talk about how women are to teach the youth, not men. Even though I went through 4 teacher training classes at the Bible college I was never a Sunday school teacher. I would never put myself into a place where anyone could accuse me of anything.

The Apostle Paul instructs Titus, a young leader in the early Christian church, to encourage older women to teach and mentor younger women in matters of faith and practical living. The older women are to model godly behavior and teach the younger women about important aspects of Christian living, including relationships with their husbands and children, self-control, purity, kindness, and submission.

Younger women are to teach the children.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh I see. No, no he didn't find it funny. Other people did, but he just liked it. It actually occurred in a thread you made, and you can review it here if you want. Anyway it's not important, and I may be on the verge of breaking some rule here, so I'm dropping it.
My take on the “gist” of:
“Its doesnt really show anything except your take on a situation the rest of us arent in a position to review.”;

Best guess:
We can’t hear the violin you’re playing”.

Upvote 0