Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Please sign in here as a member of this forum. This is for Traditional Catholics--Salt of the Earth--to preserve the thoughts, values, beliefs, and creed of the Catholic Church in union with Rome.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Catholic that just tries to stay in line with the Magesterium. Plain old Catholic here. I hope I am welcome. :)
surely you are!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟439,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bagel here. I love Traditional Catholicism!

I love the Latin Mass, even though I've never physically been to one (still working on that). I watch a lot of them on YouTube. I also have fallen in love with the Anglican Use/Ordinariate, which is basically the Extraordinary Form in Elizabethan English instead of Latin.

I affirm the historic teachings, creeds and Papal declarations made throughout the history of the One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Stabat Mater here :)
I am a Traditional Catholic with a deep love for Latin.
Im not a very ecumenical person to be honest.
I dont care for the post VII attitudes towards Islam along other intereligious work, I guess you can say that I still consider "Extra Ecclasiam nulla salus" to be valid, and not that underminded version that is the current line of the Vatican but in the sense it where written in.

I dont care for Francis, but I obey his authority as the Succsessor of Peter and the Supremecy of his office.
Popes comes and goes, but the office remains the same.
Soon enough we will have a Pius in the Holy See again :)

Well sorry for making this so long.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Windbag! ;)
Stabat Mater here :)
I am a Traditional Catholic with a deep love for Latin.
Im not a very ecumenical person to be honest.
I dont care for the post VII attitudes towards Islam along other intereligious work, I guess you can say that I still consider "Extra Ecclasiam nulla salus" to be valid, and not that underminded version that is the current line of the Vatican but in the sense it where written in.

I dont care for Francis, but I obey his authority as the Succsessor of Peter and the Supremecy of his office.
Popes comes and goes, but the office remains the same.
Soon enough we will have a Pius in the Holy See again :)

Well sorry for making this so long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jef1225

Nov 24, 2015
✟17,378.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
well im a baptized confirmed convert catholic in a Franciscan church. I have fallen away from practicing though. lost a little faith and have been doin some soul searching as of late. the more I read and the more I try to learn, I am more convinced that I am more on the traditionalist side. I too am not a fan of this current pope or Vatican 2. I have yet to attend a traditional latin mass but have been watching videos of them and thinking of attending 1 here real soon. so I am glad this forum now exists and ready to see where it goes. plus I always like to hear others take on things.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
well im a baptized confirmed convert catholic in a Franciscan church. I have fallen away from practicing though. lost a little faith and have been doin some soul searching as of late. the more I read and the more I try to learn, I am more convinced that I am more on the traditionalist side. I too am not a fan of this current pope or Vatican 2. I have yet to attend a traditional latin mass but have been watching videos of them and thinking of attending 1 here real soon. so I am glad this forum now exists and ready to see where it goes. plus I always like to hear others take on things.

Welcome to Salt of the Earth Jef we`re blessed to have you.
Have you ever prayed or listened to the Rosary being prayed in its whole in Latin?
Its so beautiful and to quote @mea kulpa roughly "praying in latin feels more like invoking Mary while praying in whatever different language feels more like simpy asking for her interseccion".

Latin is so awsome :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jef1225

Nov 24, 2015
✟17,378.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
no I have not. I don't have a clue about speaking in latin either lol. I would love to hear it though, so I will definitely look up some videos on it. what I have heard in latin though sounds so beautiful. I will say I haven't been very disciplined in the practice of my faith in a couple of years now so I have a lot of relearning to do as well. so as this forums goes on I will be asking questions. as far as the rosary goes I will have to relearn how to pray it properly. in a way I am somewhat disappointed in rcia that I went to because they never really showed the proper way to pray the rosary. we talked a little about it and it was more of the short version of it. though its my fault that at the time I didn't ask for more detail on the subject.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well feel free to open up a thread in the forum about any Rosary related questions or any questions you might have and we will do our best to answer them as best we can.

:)

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi mea kulpa here but you can all call mr kulpa or sir... ha ha only joking

Born n raised Roman Catholic in the novus ordo rite never took my faith seriously but attended mass... stopped going denied i belived in christ cried that i had prayed had an experience returned to mass (1) fell away from mass due to a hedonistic lifestyle gave most of it up returned to mass got confimed took name peter because of the denial (2) went for discernment to the priesthood was accepted 1 week away from
pre-seminary year in valadolid spain my old parish priest blocked it due to not enough life experience was told to come back in 5 years time... things happened aftet that but i want to keep this short... anyway i lost my faith but not the catholic faith and not in christ but myself (3) all i could see was my unworthiness and that is all i still see Christ broke my spiritual pride and humbled me in this life so that i rest on him and not my own ability so that i do not condemn others. That for everytime i kneel to recieve on the tongue he has made it that i do not condemn those who recieve in the hand while standing because i know they recieve more worthily than i ever could. I left the church for a good few years and studied a lot.... i became aware of a great danger that is fast approching not worthy to belong to christ i consecrated mysrlf to his blessed mother and returned to the church. I was married in the novus ordo and i have been back now just over a year i was amazed to see the danger that was fast aproaching had somehow entered the church...I embracrd the latin mass and the traditions of the fathers

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I consider myself "traditional" in that I'm orthodox in my beliefs. Although I struggle with sin, I won't call sin anything other than sin. I'm against modernism, and I love the Tradition and traditions of the Catholic Church. I accept Vatican II for what it actually says instead of the false interpretation of it that the modernists call "the spirit of Vatican II". And I recognize that the Catholic Church has a hierarchy of teachings and that we can disagree on prudential matters but not on the teachings that the Church has said are set in stone. I accept Pope Francis as the Pope, but I don't place him higher than the Popes who came before him. If I have to choose between something he has said and what is in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, I will go with what it says in the Catechism. The Mass at the parish I attend is similar to how EWTN usually celebrates the Mass—Novus Ordo with traditional elements. So far, I've only been to one Latin Mass, but my wife and I have talked about attending another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0