• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

may be a crazy question

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
but I am 23 and lost my boi father two days ago after two rounds of stupid colon cancer. Is it normal as a ( granted young adult) to really want him back; even though I KNOW he is gone like I know the sky is blue?

Last edited:

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try thinking of some good times before the passing, and be glad for those experiences, and some things you learned and appreciate from your father. One can be thankful for the contributions made by those who have now moved on. God says "there is a time to be born and a time to die" and we need to be able to let go and hold the memories. We too will pass on one day. Look up and pray for strength and leading, and God's will.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Try thinking of some good times before the passing, and be glad for those experiences, and some things you learned and appreciate from your father. One can be thankful for the contributions made by those who have now moved on. God says "there is a time to be born and a time to die" and we need to be able to let go and hold the memories. We too will pass on one day. Look up and pray for strength and leading, and God's will.
see that is the thing when it comes to my OWN mortality I have accepted it better than most my age. Have even made decisions on issues such as DNR order and treatments that I will die before accepting. When it comes to OTHERS mortality I tend to fail to do so.

Upvote 0