Matthew 26: 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee S

Mar 4, 2004
✟116.00
Faith
Christian
In my Sunday School, they always give the "key word" from the key verse. I think I'm always the last to know it. For once, I would like to know it right along with everyone else. Please help me.

"Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?"

Dee

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I only ask because there are verses and passages in Scripture that have many layers of meaning. Not contradictory, mind you, but God's word often has many truths within it.

I'd be interested to find out how your Sunday School teacher determines the key word. I'm not saying that there's anything necessarily wrong with this method. It just seems rather limiting to me.

If you'd care to post this week's verse perhaps some of us here could help.

Upvote 0

Dee S

Mar 4, 2004
✟116.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not really sure how she determines the key word, but she once told me that it's a word that's hidden, and must be revealed to the students. For example, if the Sunday school lesson's title is "Love and Betrayal" then if love and betrayal are in the key verse, none of those words would be the key word. And recently, I've thought that maybe the key word is the 'center focus" of all the other words in the verse.
Like, the KW from last week, (One) I think that verse focused on "One" of the diciples betraying Jesus. I hope I'm not confusing you. Any way, this weeks KV is as follows:

Luke 22:19-20
This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testabment in my blood, which is shed for you.

Now in this particular verse, I would say that the KW would be "Remembrance" becuz I think the other words focuses around remembering why we take the Lord's Supper.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Dee,
I've been a Christian 11 years, have studied the Bible in various ways with different Christian groups, and even led small groups occasionally, but I don't have a clue what this "key word" thing is! If your Bible study is leaving you confused like this, maybe it's your teacher who needs help in getting their point across with clarity?
(Some of you out there are probably going to jump on me for daring to have taught when I'm so clearly inadequate - so enlighten me and I might do better!)
Blessings, Susana.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.