Massachusetts Pro-Lifers Dismayed by Pro-Abortion Governor’s Appearances at Catholic-School Events

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aim Anger at Cardinal Seán O’Malley

BOSTON — Pro-lifers in the Archdiocese of Boston are criticizing Cardinal Seán O’Malley over two recent appearances at Catholic education events by the pro-abortion governor of Massachusetts.

Gov. Maura Healey, a Democrat who supports legal and publicly funded abortion and has taken steps to make abortions easier to get, spoke last week at a fundraiser for The Catholic Schools Foundation, which raises money for Catholic schools in the archdiocese and helps poor students attend.

Cardinal O’Malley, the archbishop of Boston, is the chairman of the board of trustees of the foundation, though he was in Rome at the time of the gala and did not attend it.

Healey also visited a Catholic school north of Boston last week, speaking to students and answering questions.

C.J. Doyle, executive director of the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts, called Healey’s appearances “a grave scandal.”

“Cardinal O’Malley should be ashamed of himself. Is Maura Healey an inspiring role model for Catholic students? What rational person, in their right mind, could reasonably be expected to ever take seriously anything which the Catholic Church in Boston teaches about Christian morality?” Doyle said in a written statement.

Continued below.

• Useful
Reactions: DJWhalen

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aim Anger at Cardinal Seán O’Malley

BOSTON — Pro-lifers in the Archdiocese of Boston are criticizing Cardinal Seán O’Malley over two recent appearances at Catholic education events by the pro-abortion governor of Massachusetts.

Gov. Maura Healey, a Democrat who supports legal and publicly funded abortion and has taken steps to make abortions easier to get, spoke last week at a fundraiser for The Catholic Schools Foundation, which raises money for Catholic schools in the archdiocese and helps poor students attend.

Cardinal O’Malley, the archbishop of Boston, is the chairman of the board of trustees of the foundation, though he was in Rome at the time of the gala and did not attend it.

Healey also visited a Catholic school north of Boston last week, speaking to students and answering questions.

C.J. Doyle, executive director of the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts, called Healey’s appearances “a grave scandal.”

“Cardinal O’Malley should be ashamed of himself. Is Maura Healey an inspiring role model for Catholic students? What rational person, in their right mind, could reasonably be expected to ever take seriously anything which the Catholic Church in Boston teaches about Christian morality?” Doyle said in a written statement.

Continued below.
Solution: Ban politicians from entering school buildings, as school and politics should remain separate.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep. I did not even have to give an article summary, as a solution is much more important than a summary of what happened. Plus, I summarize stuff less often, unless the articles or new site is lax on copyright.

Schools should stay a place of learning, and ideally a place to learn life skills as well besides just academia.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bold is my emphasis.
From the CCC:
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Governor Healy is the governor of the state of Massachusetts. You may not like her and think institutions and people like Cardinal Sean O'Malley should discriminate against people like her, but that would be the wrong thing to do and in contradiction toward Catholic teaching. Jesus didn't refuse to eat with prostitutes and tax collectors.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bold is my emphasis.
From the CCC:
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Governor Healy is the governor of the state of Massachusetts. You may not like her and think institutions and people like Cardinal Sean O'Malley should discriminate against people like her, but that would be the wrong thing to do and in contradiction toward Catholic teaching. Jesus didn't refuse to eat with prostitutes and tax collectors.
I see your side, but it doesn't mean we should condone Gov. Healey's actions.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see your side, but it doesn't mean we should condone Gov. Healey's actions.
Having the governor speak at a college is not condoning her behavior. Did the voters of MA sin by electing a
known lesbian?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having the governor speak at a college is not condoning her behavior. Did the voters of MA sin by electing a
known lesbian?
No, but we must be careful of who we vote for. I am a bi guy, but do I condone all the stuff that gay people do? Nope, in fact, I will remain celibate and unmarried, unless I am with a woman.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, but we must be careful of who we vote for. I am a bi guy, but do I condone all the stuff that gay people do? Nope, in fact, I will remain celibate and unmarried, unless I am with a woman.
Allowing the governor to speak at a college here in MA, is not condoning the behavior, but not discriminating
against her because she is gay.

As the Catholic Catechism says, people who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. We would
like them to remain celibate, but that isn't going to happen anymore than asking young people to stop masturbating
and having sex outside of marriage. We are in a fallen state and we sin, despite trying to avoid it. Our requirement is
to love the person, not the sin.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Allowing the governor to speak at a college here in MA, is not condoning the behavior, but not discriminating
against her because she is gay.

As the Catholic Catechism says, people who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. We would
like them to remain celibate, but that isn't going to happen anymore than asking young people to stop masturbating
and having sex outside of marriage. We are in a fallen state and we sin, despite trying to avoid it. Our requirement is
to love the person, not the sin.
Yep. I agree. Anyways, I'll step out of here. We will have to see the results of her past college visits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep. I agree. Anyways, I'll step out of here. We will have to see the results of her past college visits.
I'm not worried about it.

As it is, I didn't like Healey when she was elected. However, I have to say that she is doing a good job, especially
handling the recent illegal immigrant situation which was thrown in her lap.

I only fault her for not standing up to Biden who caused all of this.

She also didn't standup against Homeland Security when the city of Leominster was turned down
for emergency aid from the federal government after flood rains destroyed major parts of the city.

Biden has no problem helping foreign countries but ignores helping US citizens.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not worried about it.

As it is, I didn't like Healey when she was elected. However, I have to say that she is doing a good job, especially
handling the recent illegal immigrant situation which was thrown in her lap.

I only fault her for not standing up to Biden who caused all of this.

She also didn't standup against Homeland Security when the city of Leominster was turned down
for emergency aid from the federal government after flood rains destroyed major parts of the city.

Biden has no problem helping foreign countries but ignores helping US citizens.
Yeah, Biden needs to help the poor citizens of the US first in my opinion. If people want to immigrate here, screenings must take place, and then the immigrants must be productive members of our society and pay taxes just as regular folks do.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married