Los Angeles Area
✟844,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That's not a reason to withhold information from the public. Joe has to have a legal reason.
Then let Comer sue the president. We'll have it all sorted out in 12 to 16 months, whether Biden has a legal reason or not.

Trump has tied up the courts with "executive privilege" claims all over the place. Suddenly the shoe's on the other foot and the Republicans cry 'foul'. I have hired a microscopic string section to deliver my reaction.

Supreme Court rejects Trump’s bid to shield records from Jan. 6 committee

The Supreme Court has rejected former President Donald Trump’s bid to use executive privilege to block a House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection from accessing a trove of records created by Trump’s White House.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then let Comer sue the president. We'll have it all sorted out in 12 to 16 months, whether Biden has a legal reason or not.

Trump has tied up the courts with "executive privilege" claims all over the place. Suddenly the shoe's on the other foot and the Republicans cry 'foul'.

Supreme Court rejects Trump’s bid to shield records from Jan. 6 committee

The Supreme Court has rejected former President Donald Trump’s bid to use executive privilege to block a House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection from accessing a trove of records created by Trump’s White House.
Joe Biden waived executive privilege on Trump documents. He should release the audio tapes now or step down.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I fail to see how any of this “sets back feminism,” much less sets it back 100 years.

Well, nothing is bothering me right now, much less feminists so I'll give them a break from my opinion for a day...

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟199,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, nothing is bothering me right now, much less feminists so I'll give them a break from my opinion for a day...
So, it doesn’t. Got it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,786,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe Biden waived executive privilege on Trump documents. He should release the audio tapes now or step down.
Waived for a transcript, not the recordings.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If Donald Trump wants to waive executive privilege on this recording, he can do so when he has the power after becoming president again.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The recording is public property, if there is any national security information on the recording, such as name, it can be withheld with an explanation. Ideally the whole recording can be posted and be made available to the Congress and the public.
In some ways this is Obama’s Birth Certificate all over again.
On it will go, for months, then when the audio does surface, ::crickets::.
Then will come the charges that during the period where it was being fought, that the Administration “doctored” the files “to make Joe sound better!” (I’m guessing September?)

It’s a fun political sideshow, enjoy what you can out of it, but’s it’s all just so much fluff.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Waived for a transcript, not the recordings.

There is no justifiable reason to withhold the recordings under executive privilege. The events discussed in the audio took place before Joe was president, those events do not qualify for executive privilege.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
There is no justifiable reason to withhold the recordings under executive privilege. The events discussed in the audio took place before Joe was president, those events do not qualify for executive privilege.
Then Comer will win when he sues. Maybe he should get on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no justifiable reason for them to request the tapes when they have the full transcripts, the report, and the testimony of the special council for which the recordings were made. They just want to use them for a political smear campaign. Not for any legitimate investigative purpose.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no justifiable reason for them to request the tapes when they have the full transcripts, the report, and the testimony of the special council for which the recordings were made. They just want to use them for a political smear campaign. Not for any legitimate investigative purpose.
What are the Biden people hiding? You are implying the records contain something that can be used for a "political smear campaign." In fact Americans have every right to hear the audio tapes, those tapes are not the property of Joe Biden. Mr. Biden is running for president, and Democrats in the administration have no right to hide publicly owned records about Joe from the American people. Joe waived Executive Privilege on thousands of pages of documents from when Trump was president and was carrying out presidential duties, and gave those documents to a political committee that covered up for Nancy Pelosi. Again, the events Joe was questioned on took place before he was president--no Executive Privilege applies. Democrat leaders know this, but they have already brazenly defied U.S. law by going ahead with paying off student loans in defiance of the Supreme Court and also violated our immigration and border laws.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What are the Biden people hiding? You are implying the records contain something that can be used for a "political smear campaign." In fact Americans have every right to hear the audio tapes, those tapes are not the property of Joe Biden. Mr. Biden is running for president, and Democrats in the administration have no right to hide publicly owned records about Joe from the American people. Joe waived Executive Privilege on thousands of pages of documents from when Trump was president and was carrying out presidential duties, and gave those documents to a political committee that covered up for Nancy Pelosi. Again, the events Joe was questioned on took place before he was president--no Executive Privilege applies. Democrat leaders know this, but they have already brazenly defied U.S. law by going ahead with paying off student loans in defiance of the Supreme Court and also violated our immigration and border laws.
NOTHING. They have everything. What kind of question even is that? They have everything from the interviews. The Republicans want ad content for political smear ads. That's it.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,786,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your post claimed I wrote this:
"Waived for a transcript, not the recordings."

To which you replied:

But it isn't what I wrote. Not even close. This was it:

Why did you invent a post from me?
Looks like a glitch. The quote was of a post I made but for some reason credited to you.
That happens occasionally. I don't know why.

• Informative
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,786,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NOTHING. They have everything. What kind of question even is that? They have everything from the interviews. The Republicans want ad content for political smear ads. That's it.
Yep!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
When do you expect Comer to file the lawsuit to compel Presidential compliance?
(I say the beginning of August)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Your post claimed I wrote this:
"Waived for a transcript, not the recordings."

To which you replied:

But it isn't what I wrote. Not even close. This was it:

Why did you invent a post from me?
This is a “system” thing.
If one starts a post with a quote from, say, userXYZ and deletes the draft and then (sometimes hours later), if one hasn’t reloaded the page, another response to user ABC will have the old draft still in the “chute”, if one simply backspaces the old (unwanted) quote, the new (quoted) text will appear to be from userXYZ.

I had a run in with the constabulary over this, about a year ago.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The Obama Birth Certificate kerfuffle was more engaging.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What are the Biden people hiding?
Nothing? The transcript is out and old news. (My recollection of the content is therefore a bit foggy.)
You are implying the records contain something that can be used for a "political smear campaign."
Since they don't know exactly what non-textual things exist in audio version, it's probably more accurate to say they *hope* there is something in the audio version that can be used against Biden in the form of a long delay, the sound of confusion, a bit of anger or emotion, etc., that isn't in the transcript. Or maybe they just want some of the phrases in Biden's own voice.

If someone wants to know what Biden said in response to the questions, the transcript contains all of his responses. If the purpose is other, then the audio *might* serve the purpose.
In fact Americans have every right to hear the audio tapes, those tapes are not the property of Joe Biden.
They are the property of the US DOJ. Audio of witness, subject, target, or suspect interviews are rarely released outside of trial. There is no general "right" to hear those tapes or any others like it.
Mr. Biden is running for president, and Democrats in the administration have no right to hide publicly owned records about Joe from the American people.
In fact they do. This whole investigation was about documents that cannot be legally shared with the general public. The government has plenty of records we are not allowed to see from private personal files to the most classified intelligence. The dissemination of government records is governed by law and departmental regulations.
Joe waived Executive Privilege on thousands of pages of documents from when Trump was president and was carrying out presidential duties, and gave those documents to a political committee that covered up for Nancy Pelosi.
Those records are different. (No one was "covering up" for Pelosi. She didn't concoct a scheme to create fake electors or gin up a mob to attack the Capitol, nor has she been accused of any such thing.) Those records were in the possession and control of the White House (or technically, the Executive Office of the President) and were specifically "presidential records". The control of those records is directly the President and only the sitting President can waive restrictions. (Ex-Presidents don't have control over even the records their administration created.) As I said before, when Trump is president again, he can waive privilege for access to records of the Biden White House. (I have been informed that the post I thought from you on that statement in reply had fabricated a quote from me, but it was a board glitch. I have deleted the post. No hard feelings.)
Again, the events Joe was questioned on took place before he was president--no Executive Privilege applies.
Has the DOJ actually asserted "executive privilege"? There are plenty of DOJ restrictions and regulations about the confidentiality of evidence collected during an investigation. Would they not invoke one of those?
Democrat leaders know this, but they have already brazenly defied U.S. law by going ahead with paying off student loans in defiance of the Supreme Court and also violated our immigration and border laws.
These are not related to this issue in the slightest.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Nothing? The transcript is out and old news. (My recollection of the content is therefore a bit foggy.)

Has the DOJ actually asserted "executive privilege"?

White House says Hur tapes are privileged as Congress moves to hold Garland in contempt

President Biden has asserted executive privilege over the audio and video recordings from the special counsel investigation into his handling of classified materials and will refuse congressional requests to hand them over, the White House and the Justice Department said in separate letters to House Republican leaders Thursday.

• Informative
Upvote 0