Manifestations of God

H

HoneyDew

payattention said:
Do we truly understand the God we claim to serve? He appeared to the Hebrews as a pillar of cloud. Is He a cloud? He appeared as a pillar of fire. Is He fire? He appeared as a rock. Is He a rock? To what extent have we confused his manifestations with His reality?

Interesting point.
We also see the God manifested as Jesus the Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Father. We assume for the most part that this encompasses all that God is. We have not allowed ourselves to think that these are limiting the Creator. The reality is not that the God is fire or rock or cloud or the Father, Son or Holy Spirit. Those are the ways in which we have been exposed to the Creator. We cannot bend our mind around the reality.

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟15,713.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, but before He was Our Savior, He was Our Creator. It is a blessing to know the countless ways in which He touches our lives. How He is involved in every area and detail of our lives, and that we can see Him in everything. That He is our everything. I think of some of the old songs that list him as being whatever we need Him to be, and the different names for Him within the Bible, Provider, Healer, God of Peace, etc.

Part of the Good News is Our Creator and Savior wants to be in relationship with each of us on an individual basis. This means we must get to know Him. Matthew 7:21-23 says:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

To me this means that as Payattention says it is imperative that we get to know and understand our Creator and Savior. What does the Good News truly mean if we don't know or understand anything about the One who made such a sacrifice for us? Is that not why we read our bibles and study, to get to know Him?

Peguero said:
I feel this dilema creates confusion, the opposite of the charecter of our heavenly father. How important is this I ask? Let's focus on the good news, God is love, Christ died for our sins. Our saviour has giving us the opportunity to inheret everlasting life.

Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

Princessdi said:
Part of the Good News is Our Creator and Savior wants to be in relationship with each of us on an individual basis. This means we must get to know Him. Matthew 7:21-23 says:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think we are so caught on on having the letter of the law (while hurting and insulting our fellow man) that we have no time to have a relationship with Him. Matt 7 is one of my all-time favorite chapters. Thank you for posting that.
No grace, no love, no mercy for our fellowman?? Then we are taking His name in vain.

Upvote 0