with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
alistair said:
Who here watches lost?.Its my favourite tv show at the moment and its very exciting but sometimes confusing.Ive figured that the island is some kind of experimental island.If anyones seen all the episodes dont tell me what happens because I live in New Zealand and were behind.
There's already a huge thread here,

http://www.christianforums.com/t1081532-lost-again.html

but you may not want to read it all since it has many spoilers if you're behind. Of course it's 54 pages long, so if you can start at the beginning, you won't catch up for a while. What was the last episode you saw?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
alistair said:
If anyones seen all the episodes dont tell me what happens because I live in New Zealand and were behind.

Season 1 hit's it's stride tonight in the U.S. with a "thus far" recap show leading into our May sweeps month. The next four episodes after tonight will finish out the season on May 25th IIRC. Avoid the other Lost thread (and most other sites with theads dedicated to Lost until it airs completely if you want to completely avoid spoilers.

I am totally curious about when the show airs in other countries. If any of our Kiwi or Aussie members can remember - when did the first show air and have you been deluged with repeats (a problem in the U.S. 36 show season, but only 22-24 shows being produced)?

The repeats in the U.S. have been usefull to late comers to the Lost table, but annoying to those of us who have tuned in since the pilot.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
USincognito said:
Season 1 hit's it's stride tonight in the U.S. with a "thus far" recap show leading into our May sweeps month. The next four episodes after tonight will finish out the season on May 25th IIRC. Avoid the other Lost thread (and most other sites with theads dedicated to Lost until it airs completely if you want to completely avoid spoilers.

I am totally curious about when the show airs in other countries. If any of our Kiwi or Aussie members can remember - when did the first show air and have you been deluged with repeats (a problem in the U.S. 36 show season, but only 22-24 shows being produced)?

The repeats in the U.S. have been usefull to late comers to the Lost table, but annoying to those of us who have tuned in since the pilot.
I have enjoyed the repeats actually. I usually catch something I missed the first time. The annoying thing is not the repeats, it's the waiting weeks for new episodes that's annoying. IMO

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jennifer615

Jul 5, 2004
Cairns
✟8,497.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't believe it!! We decided to go shopping last night, and I missed most of Lost!!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!:mad:

When we got home and turned on the TV, it was up to the part where Charlie was hanging, and Jack and Kate got him down. We thought he died, but after Jack gave his heart a few wacks, he came to.

Could someone give me a brief description on what happened in this episode? Thanks.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jennifer615 said:
I don't believe it!! We decided to go shopping last night, and I missed most of Lost!!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!:mad:

When we got home and turned on the TV, it was up to the part where Charlie was hanging, and Jack and Kate got him down. We thought he died, but after Jack gave his heart a few wacks, he came to.

Could someone give me a brief description on what happened in this episode? Thanks.

I don't recall whose back story was that week, but on the Island, Hurley took a census of the survivors. There was a relatively new character Ethan, from Ontario. Jack thinks Claire may be stressing from the pregnancy, causing very vivid dreams. Not uncommon in a normal pregnancy, throw in a plane crash, etc, maybe she wasn't attacked. He suggest she take a seditive to sleep better. She gets mad, leaves for the beach. Charlie follows her. Hurley, very wigged out, comes into camp to talk to Jack. Ethan was not on the flight manifest! Jack, Kate, Locke, and Boone go into the jungle looking for Claire and Charlie. They find signs of a struggle. They split up, Jack and Kate find Charlie...

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
alistair said:
the polarbears are strange.Theyre huge and theyre living in the wrong habitat.

This isn't meant as sarcasm, but as a comment about watching the show.

There's a parapalegic who can walk, people surviving a disintegrating 767 at 30,000 feet and a monster the size of a two story house roaming the jungle. You just can't get bogged down in details like polar bears on tropical islands man! ;) When I tune in to lost, I just suspend belief and let the writers take me on a wonderful ride of the imagination.

AirPo, do you have broadband? If so, I need to chastise you for making me (on my dail-up) hit the abc.com website and search the summaries for which episode Jennifer was referring to. :p

For the record, it was episode 11 (man, was it that long ago...) and here's the link to the summary.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/11.html

To Jennifer: Warning! If you take the links to episodes that have aired already in the U.S., it will degrade, though not ruin, your viewing enjoyment IMO. Just check out the recap of episode 11 and enjoy the emotional and intellectual bumpy ride the rest of the season as it airs.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
USincognito said:
AirPo, do you have broadband? If so, I need to chastise you for making me (on my dail-up) hit the abc.com website and search the summaries for which episode Jennifer was referring to. :p
T1 line at work.

For the record, it was episode 11 (man, was it that long ago...) and here's the link to the summary.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/11.html

To Jennifer: Warning! If you take the links to episodes that have aired already in the U.S., it will degrade, though not ruin, your viewing enjoyment IMO. Just check out the recap of episode 11 and enjoy the emotional and intellectual bumpy ride the rest of the season as it airs.
That's a much better recap. I kind of mixed up the episodes.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AirPo said:
T1 line at work.

My workplace recently cracked down on us using the 'Net for "non-business" uses etc. I used to be able to hyperlink with images when we had less constrained access on my T1. Now, apart from my nights off, I only have about 2 hours in the morning to post, and every agonizing minute (as opposed to seconds with my work connection) drives me crazy. :cry:

I've been spoiled for 5 years, and the last few months have been maddening. On the plus side, I've caught up on my reading. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums