Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:mad: Grrrrr....I am so sick of Kate and her ego and her having to have the last word with everything. I am sick of Jack being all whiney and bossy too, but Kate is the worst lately.

I was kind of angry at this episode. Not much happened, and I was hoping for more info or at least an idea of why "The Others" are there.

I think Michael looked a little possessed and why the need for being so violent. He said he was willing to shoot the computer, so if he didn't care about the comp or the numbers, why not just grab the weapons on his next shift and go quietly.

I have more ramblings, but I took a painkiller for my back and now I need to lie down. Tomorrow, I am sure that I will have ample time to become furious at the lack of progress in the episode. Any ideas on whether the music choices Hurley made were purposeful?

On a side note: I thought he was so cute when asking Charlie about Lilly. I hope she doesn't hurt him :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
i was kind of disappointed too. who lit all those fires? where did they go and how did the snuff out so quickly when everyone threw the guns down and decided to leave. and this episode made 'the others' look like just some country bumpkins rather than a threat that needs an entire army trained to fight against. :( ah well, next weeks episode looks to be a good one.

Reactions: MtDoraAngel
Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought this episode was really said for Jack and was very telling as to why he's so "lost" and broken in spirit. I kind of get the feeling in the back stories now that we're seeing into the thoughts of these people. I'm curious about the "others" and only assume they're some of the folks who were brought to the island long ago and perhaps are survivors themselves. It will be exciting to see how the "army" training progresses. Maybe Ana Lucia will have more of a role next week. I'm curious about her and her anger I find very disturbing. Can't wait to read more posts about opinions on this epi. Oh, it really made me ill when I discovered that Jack's wife had been having an affair. :(

Upvote 0

MtDoraAngel

Legend
Aug 3, 2005
The Sunshine State
✟22,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Redguard said:
I wonder if Michael is experiencing "an incident"?
I thought the same thing.

Kate makes me sick. I was hoping they'd shoot her in the head. (Not really) Is she in love with Jack. Is she in love with Sawyer. Or is she playing them both.

Did you see Sawyers reactions when Jack said, "You love her" and Sawyer was like what are you tallking about. What do you make of that.

I reflect back on the whole Jack/Kate kiss. Do you think he reacted the way he did because it was sort of the same situation with Gabriella in his flash back. In a moment of dispair and weakness and during a time of comfort "the women" planted a big passionate kiss on him. He felt guilt with Gabriella because he was in love with his wife. Maybe he felt guilty with Kate because he speculates that Sawyer is in love with her and he didn't want that betrayal hanging over his head. Maybe he is afraid to fall in love again because of what happened with Sara. Maybe I'm rambeling and don't know what I'm talking about.

I love the scene with Charlie and Hurley sitting in the hatch talking about "their" women. I loved Hurley getting all "love struck" thinking he has a chance considering their situation being on a deserted island and all.

I for one enjoyed the epi. I get tired of trying to find hints and clues, rhyme and reason with everything and just sit and watch the show.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BenAdam said:
Was that the first time we have seen Jack without tattoos?

When Jack raised his gun on "The Others", his tattoo was clear as day.

ETA: Those tattoos are real. Matthew Fox got them before the show and the writers told him not to cover them, that they would work them in somehow. I have what they mean around here somewhere, but I will have to look.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2lplvr

Nov 21, 2004
NC
✟1,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why was Locke so adamant about going back? His intuition about the island is just uncanny! Loved Sawyer's response to "Zeke" :D and how Locke kept probing him about his name. Another good episode in my book,
poor wounded Jack :(
Jin and Sun made some marital strides :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3girls2dogs said:
When Jack raised his gun on "The Others", his tattoo was clear as day.

ETA: Those tattoos are real. Matthew Fox got them before the show and the writers told him not to cover them, that they would work them in somehow. I have what they mean around here somewhere, but I will have to look.

In the flashbacks they were not there though.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I love watching a second time.

The Charlie, Eko scene was much deeper than I first thought. Both are LOST with brothers who are not. Eko saved his brother and later corupted him. While Charlie was corupted by his brother who later tried to save him. Eko's brother turned on him by calling the militery. Charlie's brother turned him away by not rejoining the band.

And the first shot of the show was the kids, from the knees down, playing soccer, with a black and hite ball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do think Michael was experiencing an "incident" of his own. I wonder if this is how it started with Russeau's party?

There was no reason, that I can see, for him to have behaved the way he did. He could have quietly picked up a gun and walked off by himself, without having to threaten anyone or lock anyone in a closet, and no one would have been the wiser. Locke knew he was using guns for target practice, so he could have taken a gun any time he wanted. No one would have even followed him. It doesn't make much sense the way it played out, unless he's gone mental.

The scene with The Others was spooky. They are SO quiet! No one even knows they are there. What was that when Sawyer shot at "Zeke" anyway - a force field?? It ricocheted off something and suddenly Sawyer was bleeding. "Zeke" disappeared for a second, then he was back.

And when all the other Others lit their torches to show how many there were... that was creepy. I think these are Dharma staffers left over from "the incident" referenced in the orientation video. That's why they say it's their island.

The backstory was boring to me. I'm sort of glad we got it out of the way though. The question of what happened to Jack's marriage is one we've all been wondering, and now it's been answered. Good, let's move on. Next week looks very interesting, and it's a Charlie backstory. We haven't had many of them, so I'm looking forward to it.

If there had to be a C- episode, I'm glad it was in January. I expect there will be another in March/April, but that's okay. They can't all be A+s. Sometimes they'll move story, sometimes they'll raise more questions, and sometimes they'll answer questions. I think last night they answered a couple of questions that needed answering.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AirPo said:

The Charlie, Eko scene was much deeper than I first thought. Both are LOST with brothers who are not. Eko saved his brother and later corupted him. While Charlie was corupted by his brother who later tried to save him. Eko's brother turned on him by calling the militery. Charlie's brother turned him away by not rejoining the band.

And the first shot of the show was the kids, from the knees down, playing soccer, with a black and hite ball.

Those are some great correlations. Good job! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AirPo said:

Good catch. Charlie and Eko... Locke and Eko... I think his ethnicity might work well into to the "black and white" motif. My only concern is that his story has really played out unless the writers figure out a way to extrapolate on his time as a priest... which, given how creative they have been so far, I'm sure they will.

What to say about last nights episode? Some of you didn't like it. I was blown away at how the confrontation with the Others upped the ante on the story line. While the "meeting" was interesting, I had a brief jumped the shark moment. The confrontation was as fascinating as it was maddenly cryptic. I'm someone who doesn't like being teased, but there's something about Lost that I love where 2 questions are answered and 5 more are asked.

I really like Kate as a character, but her back story did nothting for me (expect for 3 weeks ago). The same applies to Jack. The only thing I got from it was that his being a doctor gave him a God complex. His controlling has been annying for a while, but I think his control over life while in the OR explains a lot about him.

I did like the Sun and Jin sub-sub plot, and he hugging her after they basically worked out their issues was so sweet.

The "introduction" of The Others as more than just a concept, as I said, upped the ante for this show. Jack's conversation with Ana Lucia where he asked her about training an army raised it again. I hate to play into the hands of the writers, but between Sayid, Ana Lucia and Locke, plus the criminals like John For...er Sawyer and Kate... I'm betting on the 815 folks over the Others.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BenAdam said:
In the flashbacks they were not there though.

I see what you mean. In the flashback for when he was trying on his tux for his wedding, I believe they did not appear there.

I have a feeling *and this is just my own thought*, that after his wife left him, he rebelled for awhile, and that is where and when, they will probably say, he got them.

Oh, and according to many of the Lost forums...his tattoo means, loosely translated, Eagle (Hawk) rushing the wide sky.

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've given up on watching for clues, etc., and just simply enjoying the drama. I think perhaps I enjoy the program a lot more when I allow the mystery to be just mystery. It is fascinating to see how every single person who survived that crash has so much in their pasts that offer up heartbreak, struggle, and family conflict. I was thinking as I read the posts above of my own life and how much life I've lived and should I be "lost" in such a situation as these folks, what kind of backstory would I have? :eek: Well, that's my philosophy for today, laundry awaits as well as housecleaning. I need to pull my head out of the thoughtful clouds and get to work. Have a wonderful day, fellow Lost junkies!!! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.