Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone see Lost last night? I missed the first half of the show so I was feeling pretty confused, lost. But I had a couple questions.

First, where did that guy get the gun from? What happened to airline security?
Next, was that really a polar bear and did I miss any further explanation of that?!! Was that the shadow of the thing hovering over the airplane last week? The same kind of thing that killed the pilot?

Thank you!

Lynn

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Lynn~ I watched Lost, also. And as yourself, I missed out on the first 20 minutes or so. Don't know how he got the gun or airplane security. I did catch the hikers saying it was a polar bear, it wasn't what killed the pilot and WHERE ARE WE. I must say, I am hooked on this program. It is hard to follow if you don't get in on the whole thing, though.

Peace

Upvote 0

Cozmo

Actively seek a living relationship with Him
Dec 22, 2003
Texas
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing happened to airline security. There was a US Marshall onboard the plane transporting a prisoner. (You saw who, right?)
The polar bear was really a polar bear. Not the same thing that killed the pilot (It was sad to see Weiss from Alias have such a small part on the show tho). I'm sure the polar bear was just to add to the mystery of the statement: "Where are we?"

They're having an encore presentation of the first 2 episodes this weekend, so you should be able to catch the parts you missed.

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SoupySayles said:
I think they're in some 'Bermuda triangle' type situation. A bit contrived, but the story so far played out better than I thought. I don't see how they can make a lasting drama series out of it though.
Now that's an interesting thought - Bermuda triangle. I can't see a season out of this either. How, with technology being what it is, can they not locate these people? That just seems so strange. But I love this stuff. I just love disaster movies - earthquakes, volcanos, whatever - it's such a great escape.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I absolutely love the show, which is funny because normally I cannot be bothered with television. I watched the first episode just because Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) was in it, but I've gotten hooked. Yeah, the guy got the gun off the Marshall extraditing Kate back for a trial. As for the polar bear, that is weird, but so is the sos message that has been playing for sixteen years. They are obviously someplace out of regular space and time, or whatever, semi-Langoliers or whatever. But I cannot wait to see more and also learn how the characters develop. I definitely love the character Charlie Pace, but Kate's is getting interesting as well. And the couple that speak no English and sort of stick to themselves, they are going to be fun to learn more about.

Upvote 0

Serenity Now!

the poster formerly known as Rev2:10
Oct 1, 2004
WI
Visit site
✟15,999.00
Faith
Christian
I'm with Feral. I am really enjoying this show. I love how interesting and diverse the characters are. The development of the characters is slow... but very interesting and makes you want more.

I did read the Polar Bear would not be an issue past episode 2.

Great Show. :clap:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm absolutely hooked. After reading the glowing reviews from TV critics, I was a bit concerned when the first episode left me a little less than satisfied, but I was intrigued enough to come back for episode two. I'm glad I did. The characters are going to take time to develop and the story started in mideas raes so it's going to take some time for the plot to develop as well.

The several angles of 48 survivors and rescue being unlikely plus the Forbidden Planet aspect of the creature make this a very fascinating show. And I had a WOW moment when Said did the math on the timing of the loop and said it had been playing for 16 and 1/2 years.

I usually don't get into offbeat dramas aside from police proceedural shows, but I'm loving this and I'm going to rewatch the first two episodes Saturday night.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hiya USincognito!!! :wave: How are ya! :) I see we've got a new show now that Amazing Race has ended. LOL!!!

I, too, am hooked on this! :thumbsup: I thought it was a mini-series, though. Got totally freaked out with my husband when the dude got sucked into the engine!!! Ewwwww! :sick:

So, what is this "thing" that is killing people and large enough to move trees around??? If there was a polar bear (on a tropical island???), maybe there's some "supposedly extinct" larger animal from some "melted ice age" or something. I'm truly fascinated!!! I just hope it's not some stupid "Jurassic Park" type story & it's a dumb dinosaur - I'll be very disappointed. Maybe a killer "mammoth"??? Or, a big, killer ROBOT??? LOL! *SuzQ is singing "Intergalatic Planetary"* (My teenage son's favorite band at the moment is the Beastie Boys).

What do you guys think the "thing" could be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Suzy. Glad to see how many of my CF friends are becoming fans.

There has been some discussion on other message boards that the monster is derivative of the monster(s) in The Langoliers. I've never read the short story, nor seen the movie, so I don't know.

A lot of people are comparing this to Lord of the Flies meets Blair Witch Project... not me, I mentioned Forbidden Planet above, and that's what I'm envisioning the monster as. I even swear I can hear the creepy therimin music whenever it moves around. Now given that the creature in Forbidden Planet was a big invisible electrified blob, I guess as long as the Lost creature isn't something cheesy or stupid - I be o.k. when it's finally revealed.

I also have someone on another board who speaks Korean and he offered up this translation:

Here are some loose translations...it was a little hard to understand what the guy was saying because he was speaking Korean with a thick American accent.

When Michael was trying to talk to the wife, the husband told her to button up her sweater.

When the wife was talking to Kate, she was basically saying, "Sorry to bother you, but everything is ready (the tranceiver)."

When the husband was trying to give people the sea urchin, he was saying that it's very good for you, and will give you strength. He was also saying this to the pregnant lady, saying that it would be good for the baby. When she was making him touch her stomach, he was basically saying, no I don't want to touch you.

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
So far as I can tell, Lost, is a take-off from a series that had the same plot line. Can't recall the name of the series but all the mix is right there. (back about 10yrs) The series never really took off and had a quiet death. Now it seems it has come back in this new re-incarnation with a bit of a twist, Dinosaurs? Is this a blend of that previous series and "the land that time forgot"? Oh well, if they are in the Bermuda Triangle, for story's sake, anything is possible.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To nip the Bermuda Triangle speculation in the bud, remember they said they were off course and heading to Fiji which is in the south Pacific. Also the pregnant girl is Australian, and the Koreans points towards this being a south Pacific Island.

Not that that means we can expect any show tunes any time soon...

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
USincognito said:
To nip the Bermuda Triangle speculation in the bud, remember they said they were off course and heading to Fiji which is in the south Pacific. Also the pregnant girl is Australian, and the Koreans points towards this being a south Pacific Island.

Not that that means we can expect any show tunes any time soon...
I don't think anyone is saying its THE Bermuda triangle, just something similiar to it what happens there; in other words, mysterious disappearances of ships and planes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think they should have left the question of who the prisoner was
go for a while longer. At least until the U.S. Marshal woke up. Ecspecially not knowing who the marshal was.

To be hooked on a show with so many bad plots. It must say something about the charactures.
1: A plane that comes apart in mid-air leaves very few survivors. A plane in peices is falling,not flying.
2: A jet engine involved in a crash will not continue to run after the plane is in so many peices. And would not last long enough to suck people in. Fuel is in the wings, but control is in the cockpit miles away.
3: People involved in a crash would naturally look for there stuff or things they can use until rescued.
4: After a day they should move away from the dead bodys or bury them. Definately remove the bodys from your potential shelter, the plane wreckage.
5: I can't wait to see the battery that is powering the repeating distress call for 16years. Either that or they should follow the powerlines to civilization.
6: after a day they should be looking for food. Besides the raw fish no one wants,
no one seems to be worried about food.
Technical bad- the boys dog not only survived the crash but got out of it's travel
carrier. and was away from the people.

This show has great variety of charactures.

Reactions: New Creation
Upvote 0

GreyWolf

Feb 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟675.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is one of those shows that my whole family watches together. We all camp out in front of the tv on Wednesday. :) I'm thinking the 'mystery beast' is a dinosaur too, but I guess we'll find out. I think the show is somewhat 'politically correct' as it has managed to have a survivor in every single ethnic group- did anyone notice that? But I still like it though, as much as that bit seems a little contrived.
Sarah

Upvote 0