Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Spoiler for Title:

Everybody loves Hugo

Spoiler for Centric:

Hurley

There can't be that many more Hurley centric episodes, so I wonder if we will see Libby again in this one

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Isn't this a play on the name of the episodes? Wasn't there one 'Everyone Hates Hurley' or something like that a few seasons ago?

Sure is! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This one was a bit of a mind blower.

Flash Sideways Hurley is very different than the 'real' Hurley, for sure. I also notice that the only Flash Sideways folks who seem to be 'potentially aware' of the island are those with what might be termed 'unrequitted love' or 'love cut short' issues in one or another timeline. First Charlie (and Claire), then Desmond (and Penny) and now Hurley (and Libby).

I am also becoming more certain that the 'real' Desmond and 'flash sideways' Desmond switched places.

The real question, though, is 'flash sideways' Locke dead or alive now? And was Desmond trying to hinder the smoke monster by running him over...or help him? Clearly Smokey regards the Desmond on the island as a significant threat; only the fact that Desmond is apparently a candidate saved him from a grizzly fate.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dude, you've got some Ilana on you ;).

Haha!! :D

Where's Lassie when you need her? "What's that girl? Desmond fell into the well??"

Is he going to survive the fall with just a broken leg, like Locke did?

I was soooooooo glad to see Libby and Hurley get their date, and their kiss. :swoon: Did you guys notice the guy in the asylum playing Connect Four? That was the same guy playing the game with Hurley in "Everybody Hates Hugo", season two.

I'm more intrigued with next week's preview than anything else, but I don't think we can talk about it here! :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

appleofhiseye

Veteran
Jan 25, 2005
Butler, PA
✟18,164.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This one was a bit of a mind blower.

Flash Sideways Hurley is very different than the 'real' Hurley, for sure. I also notice that the only Flash Sideways folks who seem to be 'potentially aware' of the island are those with what might be termed 'unrequitted love' or 'love cut short' issues in one or another timeline. First Charlie (and Claire), then Desmond (and Penny) and now Hurley (and Libby).
That could be or having died or near death, Charlie drowned, Libby was shot, Desmond was imploded... Haven't seen Ana-Lucia in a flash sideways, if she is aware. Daniel was shot, and he is somewhat aware of both realities.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I loved the episode (especially the fact that Michael and Libby were on the show again!) but there were just a few nagging plot issues that bothered me:

1.) I understand that Richard would have had a hard time trusting Hugo not so long ago, but for crying out loud, didn't Hugo just relay a message from his long-dead wife? I thought the whole point of Hugo playing the role of Ghost Whisperer was to assure Richard that there was a plan, and to not give up hope. I just saw a bit of a disconnect with the writing that Richard would act so surprised that Hugo claimed he was communicating with Jacob when just a short while ago it was clear to Richard that Hurley was communicating with dead people.

2.) I was never a big fan of Ilana's character, but it seems strange that the writers would give her such a vital role over the course of the season only to blow her up out of the blue. Sp she had prepared her whole life to protect the candidates, but then "boom"....just like that she's gone? Artz I could understand blowing up because he was basically in one episode (until this season), but Ilana's death just seems kind of, well...cheep, I guess.

3.) The last issue has to do with Richard again. A few episodes ago, Jacob tells Hurely that Richard will know what to do; Richard then claims that he doesn't know what to do, and storms off to join the Smoke Monster in despair; then Hurley's Ghost Whispering assures Richard that Jacob still has a plan and Richard realizes what he has to do. Ok, that's all well and good - but now we find out that what Richard thought he was supposed to do was wrong, and Hurley thwarted him by blowing up the Black Rock. So in reality, Richard really didn't know what to do, and Jacob just told Hurley that just to set certain events into motion. I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0