Minnesota
✟7,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Doubt I will go to church anymore what the use at 56 no chance of meeting a gal. I know I should go to worship God but at this time so sick an tired of being single. As a youth thought I was smart trusted God for a wife, will now am an old man who realizes that was the dumbest mistake of my life. God as force the “gift” of SINgleness on me, although in all honesty it is a curse as I burn in my lust.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,815.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
although in all honesty it is a curse as I burn in my lust.
In 56, your hormones should be balanced for a long time now. So I think its either some disbalance in your body chemistry or you fire it up by some bad habits.

I would recommend to get your hormones into balance - excercise, fasting, good diet (keto?), good regular sleep, lowering blood sugar etc.
Also getting rid of all habits or places that lead you into temptation (for example do not meet with women, do not watch them in movies etc). Movies, TV shows, advertisements, shops use young pretty women in the similar way food producers are using sugars and salts - to stimulate your appetite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear one, as you already mentioned, the purpose to go to church is for God, to worship Him and spend time in the Spirit, and to fellowship with other believers. Now as for meeting some one, that is why we pray to The Lord for the desires of our hearts(including a Godly Christian lady), whether that would be in the church or somewhere else, and then just trust Him for his perfect will for your life. I think praying for trusting His will would be priority for you, and then everything else would fall into place(whether meeting some one, or even not meeting some one, because that would be His perfect will for your life). Don't allow this situation make you bitter towards the Lord. All Christians go through some kind of situation, and we all can trust that the Lord knows what he is doing. I am single too and I am trusting also God's will. It's not easy, some days are harder than others, but make sure you put God first and trust His will. He already knows what your needs are. You can trust Him. I will pray for you brother. Hang in there. God bless.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trusting God is an oft used statement which usually relates to a hoped for outcome with little to no spiritual support whose delay causes anger or disappointment in Him.

God isn’t to blame for your singleness. Nor is He responsible for providing a spouse. While it isn’t good for man to be alone He never said every man would have a bride. Children are a blessing. The fruit of the womb is His reward. But barrenness still occurred.

Wanting something is fine. But choice is a part of life. We chose to follow Him. He didn’t force us. The same holds true for our relationships. They must desire our companionship.

While it can be difficult to go without its important we face the truth. Which means confronting the difficulties we have with building bonds and maintaining them. People assign many reasons for being alone but they usually come down to three:

The things we say
The things we do
The way we treat others

I have never encountered anyone who struggled to form connections (platonically or romantically) that wasn’t deficient in one or more. And I’ve helped a lot of people find partners and improve their lives. There’s usually some measure of self-sabotage they’re oblivious to or refuse to address.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trusting God is an oft used statement which usually relates to a hoped for outcome with little to no spiritual support whose delay causes anger or disappointment in Him.
Trusting God is always by faith to His promises and His will(which is always good, even when it seems negative). The outcome can be trusted(whatever it will be), because we have prayed and are hoping to receive what we have prayed for(hence the meaning of "faith"), but we must trust the outcome(whatever it will be), otherwise we will be discouraged. In the mean time we can work on ourselves to be able to correct/prepare ourselves for what's to come. It's always positive when we learn to trust Him(which is His perfect will). :hug:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trusting God is always by faith to His promises and His will(which is always good, even when it seems negative).

Trusting God doesn’t beget a loss of faith or bitterness. The agenda is usually the culprit. An expected outcome that didn’t materialize.

In respect to the topic, there has never been a time when the Holy Spirit told me to pray for a spouse. I did it in the past but He didn’t tell me to and that’s key. He said I’d marry and explained the necessity for the union in light of my calling.

His word is sure. Whenever He tells me to address something in prayer the matter is settled. My healing, deliverance, success and connections are the result of a specific word. Not a hope or want. I knew His will beforehand.

The OPs stumbling block requires more than trust to surmount. He needs personal instruction to help him move beyond the impediment and align His vision with the Lord’s through concrete actions, prayer, and the relinquishment of strongholds.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now faith is the substance of things "hoped" for... Hebrews 11:1
Pray without ceasing... 1 Thess 5:17
...in everything by prayer and supplication...let your requests be made known to God... Phili 4:6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding... Prov 3:5

Trusting God is supreme and relevant in all circumstances of life(including finding a mate). We can pray for "all" things, but we must trust God whether He provides or not. It's trusting God in all circumstances that will help us to be at peace with Him and ourselves.
Personal instructions have their place and are legitimate, but it takes trusting the Lord in order for the soul to continue to be at ease(even when the answer to prayers are delayed or denied).

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0