Lord of the Rings

lasthope

Aug 16, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I saw LOTR musical in London.. I wasn't looking forward to it but as tickets were only £10 I thought it was worth a go. The whole experience was just amazing, really loved it. Special effects and costumes were fantastic.. I later went to see Lion King which I thought was nothing in comparison. It's a real shame the show didn't continue although I understand the lack of sales as it wasn't one I thought would be any good, but wow it was brilliant!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GarrettC

Child of God
Dec 26, 2008
✟7,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOTR doesn't lend itself well to the Broadway stage, at least not if you're trying to combine all three books. The main reason is because of length. The songs in the musical were okay -- you didn't come away humming a song for days afterward. It suffered from time and its score.

Upvote 0

Skilletdude

Aug 20, 2006
California
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they wanted to bring Middle Earth to the stage, they should have adapted the Hobbit... much more adaptable, good length and the animated movie proves they have spots for songs in it (I actually liked a lot of the cheesy songs in the animated film). I would love to see the Hobbit on stage... LOTR? No way... it just wouldn't work I don't care how amazing it looked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums