Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No. Nor it it the first step.
There are no steps.
You are mashing two unrelated things together.
Evolution, and abiogenesis.
They are NOT the same thing.
Same question.
Over and over and over.
They will never ever learn this
simplest things.

Reactions: Mr Laurier
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Same question.
Over and over and over.
They will never ever learn this
simplest things.
There is a tendency to regard anything that contradicts Genesis as "evolution."

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Kind = Genus

genus (n.)

(Latin plural genera), 1550s as a term of logic, "kind or class of things" (biological sense dates from c. 1600), from Latin genus (genitive generis) "race, stock, kind; family, birth, descent, origin"

SOURCE: Online Etymology Dictionary
Wow! Noah had to have enough food for 4 elephants. That’s a lot.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,767.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Kind = Genus

genus (n.)

(Latin plural genera), 1550s as a term of logic, "kind or class of things" (biological sense dates from c. 1600), from Latin genus (genitive generis) "race, stock, kind; family, birth, descent, origin"

SOURCE: Online Etymology Dictionary

That actually makes me think about an issue that the Ken Hams and Kent Hovinds of the world ignore:
Just how many "kinds" of dinosaur there were.

People love dinosaurs and it's always been an audience loser to pretend that they either didn't exist at all or were Nephilim mad science experiments... but then you have to account for just how many "kinds" of dinosaur Noah would have had to stash away.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not if God is running the show.

1 Kings 17:16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.

Mark 8:19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That actually makes me think about an issue that the Ken Hams and Kent Hovinds of the world ignore:
Just how many "kinds" of dinosaur there were.

People love dinosaurs and it's always been an audience loser to pretend that they either didn't exist at all or were Nephilim mad science experiments... but then you have to account for just how many "kinds" of dinosaur Noah would have had to stash away.
There could be ten trillion kinds of dinosaurs alone, and plenty of room left over, if the Ark was four dimensions.

Note here, where Paul mentions four dimensions of space ...

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And note here ...

Revelation 6:14a And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;

... where you need an "extra dimension" to roll a three-dimensional space up as a scroll.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't even science recognize not four, but ELEVEN dimensions of space?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟937,767.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
There could be ten trillion kinds of dinosaurs alone, and plenty of room left over, if the Ark was four dimensions.

Note here, where Paul mentions four dimensions of space ...

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And note here ...

Revelation 6:14a And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;

... where you need an "extra dimension" to roll a three-dimensional space up as a scroll.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't even science recognize not four, but ELEVEN dimensions of space?
I'm never bothered by any Creationist narrative that requires miracle after miracle. It comes worth the territory.

I don't like when Creationists make claims along the lines of "Well actually, science supports Noah fitting millions of animals into a single large wooden box."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm never bothered by any Creationist narrative that requires miracle after miracle. It comes worth the territory.
I applaud you for that.

Most people treat God as if He's on a quota system, when it comes to a series of miracles to accomplish His purposes.
Shemjaza said:
I don't like when Creationists make claims along the lines of "Well actually, science supports Noah fitting millions of animals into a single large wooden box."
Same here.

Saying they were baby animals and other plausible-sounding explanations discredits all of reality, if you ask me.

Because there's a LOT more to reality than can be found in a telescope or microscope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because there's a LOT more to reality than can be found in a telescope or microscope.

There is also the mass spectrometer, the test tube, the particle accelerator, the rock hammer, etc.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is also the mass spectrometer, the test tube, the particle accelerator, the rock hammer, etc.
And they can't find a single person from the tribe of Asher or Zebulun.

Upvote 0