Let's talk Saints. Which one was/is your favorite Saint?

Mariantonietta

Nov 29, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Saint Camillus de Lellis was the most inspirational Saint!!!

The inspirer of the Red Cross, by wearing a huge red cross.
Transformed from being a soldier and gambler to “Giant of Charity”.
De Lellis established the Order of Clerks Regular, Ministers to the Sick better known as the Camillians.
He spread the care of poor patients from his hometown of Bucchianico, throughout the world.
In 1586 Pope Sixtus V gave the group formal recognition as a Congregation, and assigned them the beautiful Church of St. Mary Magdalene in Rome, which they still maintain, off Via della Maddalena near the Pantheon.
Camillus was beatified by Pope Benedict XIV in the year 1742, and canonized by him four years later in 1746.

Join Camillians world wide in celebrating the Fourth Centenary of the death of St. Camillus on July 14, 2014!

zaida

Dec 14, 2011
✟8,219.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have more than 1 favourite - but as a new Catholic (confirmed on the 14th of december) I will say, my patron saint/confiormation name. Saint Katharine Drexel. Philedelphia heiress, used her millions to help fund schools for african american and native american children throughout America - started the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament - fought racial injustice in and outside of the Church - was the second born-in-america person to be declared a Saint.

Upvote 0

0x87a

St. Francis of Assisi because of his love for the poor and for all of God's creatures especially the birds.

Just watched "Brother Sun, Sister Moon" again. Lovely.

I know it! :)
I'm making a recollection module of St. Francis' Love for Nature.

My saint these days is Saint Pedro Calungsod. He is a newly canonized saint. The second Filipino saint. He is a young missionary and catechist. And I salute him! :D :angel:

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would say Saint Peter. He was the first Pope and the way he chose to be crucified is heartwarming and inspirational.

My second favorite would be Joan of Arc. She only lived 19 years but accomplished more and inspired more people than most people do in a lifetime. She has one of the greatest stories of any Saint.

Upvote 0

JoanOfArcInvestigator

Jan 4, 2014
✟15,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joan of Arc is one of my favourite saints. Her bravery was incredible, and I admire her for it. I actually took Joan as my confirmation name because of her.

After Joan of Arc, I really like Francis of Assisi because he loved animals, like I do!
Joan of Arc is rumored to have been a Secular Franciscan because she may have had an opportunity to join in Domremy and because she was very devout. However there is no historical documentation of this as far as I know. It is like the story about her meeting St Colette, very possible but not proven. Both are very nice speculations though.
St Joan is my absolute favourite too! I admire her so much!
I really like St Francis and I hope to learn more about him.

My favourite saints after St Joan are St Therese (because she loved St Joan too, I am interested in her Little Way and because I also suffer from scruples) and St Alice (because she was very brave and because another name for her is Alyssa and that is my name.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
St. Leonard, he has a nice story, he killed a dragon

St. Jude.... because I feel like one of the lost causes so often :(

St. Valentine, another one who has a story that is a mix of legend and fact, but it is a nice story

St. Maria Goretti, what a brave young girl, who valued pleasing Christ above even her own life

my own Guardian Angel
and of course, the Blessed Virgin Mary, Star of the Sea, the Theotokos, the Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Queen of Heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marian,

One of the most beautiful Threads Marian.

Jesus and our Heavenly Mother recently gave to me a Calendar of all the Saint's Feast Days, identifying all of the Holy Saints (most of them) however there are millions of others up in Heaven doing our Lord's Holy Works in whom we have never known nor heard about!

My Favourite Holy Saint is our Heavenly Mother Mary.

For without our Heavenly Mother trusting in God speaking to Her Heart through the Archangel, having Loved and Trusted in God our Heavenly Father during Mother Mary's Life in the Middle East growing up...however God knew this, for God 'knew' and 'knows' all things, that our Lady Mary Mother of God, would carry out each and every one of His/God's Holy Callings, in which God had spoken to our Heavenly Mother's Heart.

Kindest wishes

Upvote 0