Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Samantha Stone was watching Tara surreptiously. She grew red in the face thinking of that wicked little thing in HER church! Madness had definitely hit the whole world. She was the only sane person left! That one was a very suspicious sort and she couldn't believe Melody was letting her into HER church. Her own daughter! Melody was listening to all of this pentecostal trash and she had tried to stop it. Betrayed by her own daughter! Samantha ran her fingers through her disheveled salt and pepper hair as she thought of ways to get these hideous people out of her nice church. A dreadful glleam settled upon her eye and she giggled softly to herself as she sought out one of the Sunday School Rooms for privacy.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
((Shocka looked like his character was going to have a run-in with some bad guys after his buddies were raptured or something a few posts back. Maybe that could take place near the church or something and then we could go out and see what's happening.
Otherwise, Melody is going to turn on the news, so maybe something could happen on the news that causes us all to leave. Or something like a shooting or a riot of some sort could happen near the church that gets everyone's attention. I'm just the unsaved cynical one in the group, so I don't know what I could make happen really.
Although it does sound like Samantha Stone has and "evil" plot hatching, so we could just wait and see what she does. *shrugs* :confused: ))

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Looting continues all around the city and in the outlying areas. People are advised to return to their homes. Marshal law is in effect until further notice...] The radio reporter repeated, his voice strained and weary. Melody looked up when she noticed the sound of a helicopter making her ears throb. "That helicopter is very low...wonder what's up..." Melody thought to herself as she looked up.

Samantha Stone left the church and got into her car. The cell phone was placed on standby now and she smiled smugly. "I'll show YOU who owns this church," She whispered viciously.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody shot Jason a look of consternation. "What in the world is going on???" Melody shouted above the horrendous racket of the helicopter. She wanted to run but feared being shot by the already freaked out uniformed officers. How she loathed the thudding, throbbing noise of the chopper!

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie heard the helicopter hovering just above the church. She rejoined the others and asked "What's happening?" She looked around and noticed that Mrs. Stone was missing. She walked over to Melody and asked, "Melody, do you know where your mother is?"

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Is this somebody's ride or what?" Tara shouted as she joined the group. She was trying to block out the noise of the chopper by covering her ears, although it wasn't doing any good.
When Ellie asked about Melody's mom, Tara immediately became suspiscious, "She probably ordered the church be burned with us all in it!" she answered Ellie. After a short pause in looking around at everyone else coming to see what was going on, she became a little more cautious and concerned.
"Wait," she asked while trying to subdue a sudden twing of panic that had hit her, "does anyone actually know what that thing is doing out there?"

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody turned around and let her eyes scan the entire area for her mother. That was odd she had thought her mother would be at the window with the rest of them. Melody then noticed the car pulling away from the curb. A choked gurgle of frustration came from her throat as her eyes widened. "No... no...." Melody looked back up frowning angrily.
"Jason, you have any ideas?? They may shoot first and ask questions later..." Melody growled.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Ellie heard Melody say "They may shoot first and ask questions later..." she began to panic. She tried to calm herself down, but she couldn't hide the fear in her eyes. "What are we going to do?" she asked. She was beginning to shake from fear, and she tried to stop, but couldn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeltaJ

Defend The Constitution
Aug 9, 2004
Chicago, IL
✟15,661.00
Faith
Catholic
"Yeah if they are cops I'll handle it", Jason told melody. " Listen up everyone if they are police and because of what going on they might shoot first ask questions later, so don't go outside the church just sit tight and I'll handle it, I've got connections". Jason grab his backpack and threw one strap over his shoulder and wait for the copter to do something.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie backed away from the window, and sat down against the wall. She was really frightened and didn't know what to do. She knew that she wouldn't leave this church for anything. She sat there, fighting the urge to cry.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody was trying not to tremble too badly. She WAS frightened. "Okay Jason but...be careful...things are just too weird right now..." Melody wondered if Sgt. McCorley had brought the men in on them? Then she thought of her mother and felt a white hot surge of anger rush through her veins. Looking over at Ellie she went to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She knew just how the other young woman felt but she had no words of wisdom. Melody didn't know what to do or say herself.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up. She saw Melody trying to comfort her, and Ellie tried to give a smile, but could only force a very small one. Her eyes were filled with tears, but she refused to let them fall. She was so scared, that she didn't know what to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Several men came to different points around the outside of the church. Finally three men slammed into the doorway guns pointed at the people inside.
"Police! Down on the floor!" A voice growled. Melody grabbed a hold of Ellie and looked over at Brian, who held onto Rocky. She looked at Tara with fear in her eyes and motioned to all of them to hit the floor.
"Who are you?" The voice growled at Jason.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The officer looked at Jason's credentials then called it in... still suspicious. Finally he came back and shook his head sheepishly. "Sorry, we had a call from Mrs. Stone, the councilman's wife... she said terrorists had taken over the church building."
Melody couldn't believe what she had just heard. "Mother? I knew she was disturbed but...why? Oh officer I'm so sorry, my mother has had a terrible shock... Someone told her my dad disappeared."
"Ah, you are Councilman Stone's daughter? Yes, we had a report of him missing...along with a bunch of other people. I'm very sorry about all of this, we just have to be careful right now. Things are in a real mess." Melody sat down hard on a nearby chair and stared out the window at the leaves now hinting at turning. Her mind would not focus. It was too much to handle. She just kept staring, trying to get her mind to focus but finally she found herself thinking of a sunday school class out among the golden leaves, listening to her father teach. Melody clung to the memory and found solace in it for her aching heart.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara stayed on the floor until she knew that the police were totally gone. When they said to "get down," she was able to hide underneath one of the pews. She didn't like police, of any kind, at all. Too many bad things happen.

"Great," Tara thought to herself, "That Stone lady probably gave them my description and told them I was the head terrorist." she sighed and rolled her eyes. When she did, something under the pew caught her eye. She had stopped paying attention to what was going on elsewhere. There was something on the underside of the pew she was laying under. She carefully rolled over and became to check it out, hoping no one else would notice just yet.

Upvote 0